PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Herts

Kateg28
4th January 2009, 09:54 AM
Hello everyone and congratulations on the site. I hope to be active on here and attend some events.

I have a 1989 Dark Mica blue T-Bar which I have had for nearly 3 years. I used to drive a white T-Bar back in 1991 when it was almost new. Had it for 3 years and missed it so much I eventually decided to get another one.

AW11 Forever
4th January 2009, 04:32 PM
Brilliant! Welcome to the new Club and website. We shall look forward to seeing you and your wonderful TBAR out and about.

How about one of the most amazing Club trip there is, Le Mans

See the thread or visit the website

www.lemans-24heuresdumans-tour.co.uk (http://www.lemans-24heuresdumans-tour.co.uk)

Kateg28
4th January 2009, 04:37 PM
Le Mans? Don't worry, Jinxy and Tiny are desperately trying to persuade me. Can't go for the whole week for various reasons but might be able to go Firday to Sunday/Monday.

I really really want to go, just need to make it happen!

AW11 Forever
4th January 2009, 04:39 PM
Weekend will be perfect! the 1st year we did it we went Thursday - Monday and I had to come from Durham, its only 380 miles from London - Le Mans

Make it happen my friend, it will change your life!!!

Kateg28
4th January 2009, 04:46 PM
Long way too drive on my own. Tiny very kindly offered me a lift but I can't do the dates he is doing. Shame as that would have meant sharing costs and not driving on my own but I just can't do it.

I promise to make a real effort to attend.

pistol pete
4th January 2009, 05:25 PM
hello car look nice but should have got white one :)

nice to (internet) meet ya

AW11 Forever
4th January 2009, 05:27 PM
Pete, whats the crack with your avatar, man it's horrid and scaring the cat!

Evil Pete

Kateg28
4th January 2009, 05:32 PM
hello car look nice but should have got white one :)

nice to (internet) meet ya
Had a white one before and do prefer it in Dark blue. Also live 3/4 mile from nearest tarmac, the avatar picture is at the end of my drive and white is seriously not practical. :roll:

pistol pete
4th January 2009, 06:29 PM
Pete, whats the crack with your avatar, man it's horrid and scaring the cat!

Evil Pete

***THREAD HIJACK****

you are obviosly not an xbox boy

its a symbol to 'gears of war' buddy
love it :)

Blue84
4th January 2009, 10:33 PM
Hi Clare

I did notice on the photography thread that you are in Ware, my Brother lives there so I know it well :D

never see any MK1's down that way!

Monkeymax
5th January 2009, 12:25 PM
Long way too drive on my own. Tiny very kindly offered me a lift but I can't do the dates he is doing. Shame as that would have meant sharing costs and not driving on my own but I just can't do it.

I promise to make a real effort to attend.

Kate, my sis is interested in coming but I'm not sure whether I've got a spare seat or not at the moment (as I may be taking Dad) or for that matter, things have caused me to debate whether I can go myself.
Can i Mention to her that there's another club member looking for a co-driver/co-driving position?

Kateg28
5th January 2009, 01:23 PM
Max,
In principle yes, although I invited someone last night, not had a response yet as don't think she has read her email. Also realised it is my weekend for my 11 year old so need to decide if I swap with ex husband :evil: , bring him along, :roll: or don't come at all :( .

Always worth considering if it will help persuade your sister to come. Our love of a 2 seater is a bit restricticting. Could bring my mondeo instead :lol: