PDA

View Full Version : Billing Aquadrome 5th to 7th June 2009

unowho
3rd January 2009, 07:44 PM
Latest is,

The cost is £15.00 per pitch (which is basically a tent and up to 4 people)
You can book direct with Billing and you will need to quote "Toyota MR2 Mk1 Club" to gain the £5.00 discount as normal price is £20.

The cost of day visitors £10.00 per car.

More details to follow as to the Saturday Night food/entertainment.

Traders are being invitied (Mike?)

We have no power on this site, don't really see a need for it and we are to abide by Camping Club Rules, no litter, quiet after 11.00 to name a couple.

Bye for now
Debs

AW11 Forever
3rd January 2009, 08:15 PM
Great, can't wait to get back there with the club, Billing is where it all started for me back in 1999 when I attended my 1st ever MK1 Club event.

Blimey, when are we going to squeeze this one in, we are running out of weekends, could do with 60 weekends a year!

mr2mk1chick
6th January 2009, 05:37 PM
what's the plan there?

I looked on the events calendar on the site and it looked like 1st dec 2009?
I presume this is a wrong date, as billing at that time of year will be a no-go! Brrrr :shock:

AW11 Forever
7th January 2009, 06:28 PM
There was talk about having it early due to the hge amount of events in 2009, I'm sure we talked about late April or late May, mmmm nice breezy, warm afternoon's.

Seems a million miles away!

mr2mk1chick
8th January 2009, 07:06 PM
There was talk about having it early due to the hge amount of events in 2009, I'm sure we talked about late April or late May, mmmm nice breezy, warm afternoon's.

Seems a million miles away!

I hope the warm weather hurries up soon, it's bloomin freezing here :shock:

unowho
8th January 2009, 10:45 PM
Well have heard back from Billing, apparently not scared off :roll: :lol:

They have given me the following dates
6/7th June (too near Le Mans?)
25/26th July BEST!
22/23rd August (Tatton)
Or any w/end in September, altho Charity Run 1st w/end

No costs mentioned yet, but have emailed back asking for a rough guide.

What to people think?

Debs

Kateg28
9th January 2009, 08:44 AM
As am new to club, what does this event actually entail?

Ben
9th January 2009, 09:02 AM
:lol: I was wondering that too :oops:

AW11 Forever
9th January 2009, 09:24 AM
Billing was where it all started really back in 1996 when the club held its 1st National meeting there attending JAE which was organised and ran by Billy Wells from the Toyota Enthusiasts Club. JAE in the early days was a more traditional, classic events and consisted of many smaller classic Jap car clubs, Datsun Z Club for example.

Billing Aquadrome in Northamptonshire is a wonderful family facility with camping space, lake, canal, walks, fairground and general recreation, perfect for a relaxing club get together. Oh and I haven't even mentioned the 2 pubs!

http://www.billingaquadrome.com

I would say the purpose of the event is basically to unite together as a club in our own capacity and hold a relaxing, fun, social BBQ weekend. I would imagine we can get into the nitty critty and possibly organise the following:

Hog Roast for the Friday or something similar
Fancy dress party theme for the Saturday BBQ night
Awards for best catagorised MK1's on the Sunday ( judging Saturday only )
Bring and buy stand
Swap shop
Regalia stand
Membership joining area along with info about the MK1 Club
Technical workshop session hosted by Paul Woods / Jinx / Kev 2pm-4pm Saturday
T and K spares stand

We could invite other affilliates and possibly MR2 Only, anyone else got other ideas or suggestions.

Kateg28
9th January 2009, 10:27 AM
Oh. Entails a lot then. Sounds fantastic and hope I can make it although the July dan't not normally good for me :cry: (annual holiday :+: )

Pam - MR2 Only
9th January 2009, 11:05 AM
Billing was where it all started really back in 1996 when the club held its 1st National meeting there attending JAE which was organised and ran by Billy Wells from the Toyota Enthusiasts Club. JAE in the early days was a more traditional, classic events and consisted of many smaller classic Jap car clubs, Datsun Z Club for example.

Billing Aquadrome in Northamptonshire is a wonderful family facility with camping space, lake, canal, walks, fairground and general recreation, perfect for a relaxing club get together. Oh and I haven't even mentioned the 2 pubs!

http://www.billingaquadrome.com

I would say the purpose of the event is basically to unite together as a club in our own capacity and hold a relaxing, fun, social BBQ weekend. I would imagine we can get into the nitty critty and possibly organise the following:

Hog Roast for the Friday or something similar
Fancy dress party theme for the Saturday BBQ night
Awards for best catagorised MK1's on the Sunday ( judging Saturday only )
Bring and buy stand
Swap shop
Regalia stand
Membership joining area along with info about the MK1 Club
Technical workshop session hosted by Paul Woods / Jinx / Kev 2pm-4pm Saturday
T and K spares stand

We could invite other affilliates and possibly MR2 Only, anyone else got other ideas or suggestions.

Wooopeeee something else to attend :D :D :D

Pam
MR2 Only Mag
www.mr2only (http://www.mr2only)

unowho
9th January 2009, 11:21 AM
At the moment favouring I'm favouring July, altho could be a Brownies w/end. June date not so good as Jinx possibly scrutineering at Silverstone, I know quite near, but I don't fancy pitching me tent at Billing then up mega early on the Sunday to strike camp and away to Silverstone then dash home Sunday night to prepare for Le Mans, BUT this is just my opinion, will go with majortity vote

Woodsport
9th January 2009, 06:51 PM
I would love to see a return to billing michael,we had some great times there! count me in.

waynestoyotamr2
10th January 2009, 07:32 PM
Whatever, wherever. I'm there.

fowl
10th January 2009, 07:44 PM
If mr Evils ,Wayne and mr Woodsy are ther, i will be there :D

unowho
10th January 2009, 11:02 PM
Hi guys & girls

Just a little update on this event, as thought I'd better ask a price and this is the reply I got;

"Less than 50 campers guaranteed and a reserved field solely for your Club's use is £100 plus Vat

Alternatively should you consider a field share with a small club the area reserved is then FOC. We are just trying to get away from vast areas seconded for Clun usage but the turn out doesn't justify relegating campers.

Other than that there is no additional costs until we get to larger shows which then generate extra facilities being drafted in such as additional toilet blocks etc."

Extremely good value :+: , me thinks for a weekend of camping, fun and frolics......

AW11 Forever
11th January 2009, 09:12 AM
Yep agreed £115 for the weekend pitch with 50 campers, can you ask them if there is a supplement charge if there are more than 50 tents.

Only problem is when, we need to get the date sorted ASAP.

Don't forget the Silverstone Classic is a National event and its on the date mentioned in July.
:?

AW11 Forever
11th January 2009, 02:30 PM
Ok we can't do July, August or September this ony leaves June, it's not ideal with Le Mans the week afer but it's only going to affect the following people:

Jinxy / Deb
Pete Kyte
Steve Kingsnorth
Wayne Duncan ( yes you are coming! you not getting out of it that easy )
Michael and Joanne
Ki Williams
Karl and Bev Windsor
Peter Hartley

It might mean a little more organising ourselves but I've done this before, in 2004 we did Tatton Park, 3 day show, then packed up and drove to Le Mans on the Monday, was no problem at all and loved the idea of a show and a spot of relaxation before they mayhem of what is Le Mans :lol:

Guys whats your thoughs as we need to get a solid date organised soon so we can pull together our resources and help Deb get it off the ground.

bill hulme
12th January 2009, 12:26 PM
I am up for it any time :oops: sounds great come on lads and lass's and others :roll: :clap: lets put the club back to where it should be, :+:
Bill.

Tony Jinxy Froude
12th January 2009, 10:08 PM
Michael, i spoke to Jo yesterday regarding this, if we stay & camp over on the sunday night at Billing, we can then make our way back to debs on the Monday morning, drop anything you dont need to take to LeMans at Debs, we can also collect stuff for LeMans we didnt need to take to Billing & we can then make our way to Maidstone, you can then collect your stuff on the return back home after LeMans :+: , let us know what you think, Jinx
Anyone else going to LeMans could do the same thing & have a hooooge convoy down to Maidstone :+: :+: :+:

AW11 Forever
13th January 2009, 01:23 PM
Jinxy you are the '' tour meister ''

that is a cracking idea my lado, as long as it's ok dumping Joanne at yours whilst we go to Le Mans :+: you did mention unanted baggage!!

Yep, love it, this gets better all he time, just when it looked like we might have to nock it on the head it all comes good :clap: :clap: bravo :clap: :clap:

So, June 6th - 7th, meeting up Friday 5th

Deb can you alter the original pst now to include the confirmed dates.

Thanx

unowho
13th January 2009, 02:54 PM
That is soooo going to cost you, might just have to copy and paste that comment onto Facebook!!!! :think:

Not a problem about leaving luggage at mine :roll:

Will contact Billing tonight and confirm, so WATCH THIS SPACE :clap:

AW11 Forever
13th January 2009, 04:40 PM
Excellent work Debs, please let us know if there is anything you would like us to do. Myself I'm going to be tied up with running Le Mans but if you need me to organise anything specifically then let me know.

So what should we plan for the weekendat Billing then, wht did you think of my previous ideas listed further above. The only things we really need to organise is asking the affilliates if they would like to attend, MR2 Only, Steve Brookes, etc, it would be nice to meet them and put businesses with faces.

Deb remember to ask if there are any hidden charges or surcharges if we have more than 50 tents.

Should we go with a theme for the weekend, fancy dress Japanese theme for example.

Come on guys start throwing ideas about :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

unowho
13th January 2009, 10:57 PM
Right have sent an email to Billing, requesting a booking form and advising of date, 5th to 7th June. Will get on the case of your list Mike.

Tony Jinxy Froude
13th January 2009, 11:04 PM
Blimey, she doesnt hang about does she !!! :o :wave: :+: Jinx

AW11 Forever
15th January 2009, 11:50 AM
The record for club MK1's is 54 which we achieved at billing July 2004.

So can we break the record this year, we have a good opportunity to get many, many MK1's together, we have over 350 members in the UK, so even if just a 1/4 came we would smash the record easily, can we get 100 :o :o :o MK1's together, now that would be something to see and be proud of.

So please, have a look at your calendars and see if you can make this event, this will be the clubs 1st BIG meeting at Billing ever outside JAE, lets show our support and turn out in numbers :+: :+:

John Redmond
18th January 2009, 07:39 PM
I've been looking to the return to Billing :D put me down for this one!

Reserved the hotel, the one at the main gate, sorry I don't do tents! :-:

bill hulme
19th January 2009, 11:11 AM
Hi put me down for the weekend, it will be great to go back to Billing.
Bill.

AW11 Forever
19th January 2009, 03:58 PM
Billing BIG One 60 MK1's Record attempt

Please copy and paste your name in, we need 55 MK1's to break the MK1 Club record

1 Jinxy + Uno
2 Wayne
3 Michael and Joanne
4 John Redmond
5 Bill Hulme
6 Paul Woods
7 Steve Kingsnorth

Come on guys and girls, please get your names down, we need this to be HUGE, lets see if we can get 60 MK1's there as a target, who knows we may get more!!

Kateg28
19th January 2009, 07:37 PM
Me!!!

1 Jinxy + Uno
2 Wayne
3 Michael and Joanne
4 John Redmond
5 Bill Hulme
6 Paul Woods
7 Steve Kingsnorth
8 Kate

52 to go!

AW11 Forever
19th January 2009, 07:54 PM
Kate,

Brilliant, thanks for your support, now about that 52 :o :o :o

Tiny
20th January 2009, 01:24 PM
Ill Be going

1 Jinxy + Uno
2 Wayne
3 Michael and Joanne
4 John Redmond
5 Bill Hulme
6 Paul Woods
7 Steve Kingsnorth
8 Kate
9 Tiny

AW11 Forever
20th January 2009, 08:57 PM
Oops!!

I'm in the dog house, forgot we are going to see Take That on the Saturday night :silent:

So

Who want to go and see the lads with Jo :clap: :clap:

Stuff that I'm off to Billing on me own, Jo's getting the train down to Maidstone on the Monday and meeting us for the Le Mans launch party.

Excellent :+: :+: I can drink as much as I like and be even more dafter :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Blue84
25th January 2009, 01:45 PM
Do you have to attend for the whole weekend or could you just go for a day?

I have to ask as my other half works alternate shifts so if we are going to go together then it might be the only way we could do it.

Tony Jinxy Froude
25th January 2009, 02:37 PM
You can go just for the day Tina no problems :+: , the more the merrier, remember this is your show, so we need as many mk1 club members there as possible to make it a fantastic weekend :+: :clap: , Jinx

AW11 Forever
25th January 2009, 07:29 PM
If you are planning only to come for 1 of the days please try and make it the Sunday, traditionally we get more cars turn out on the Sunday so if we want to beak the record of 54 MK1's we might as well ry and do it on the Sunday where we will have a better chance :+:

Keep adding names guys

unowho
28th January 2009, 11:40 AM
In light of comments being made on JAE page might be a good idea to send someone in, to have a chat and a look around, do we anyone local.

I have received the application form from them but will be holding off filling in and sending back.

AW11 Forever
28th January 2009, 05:18 PM
Sounds like all is good Deb, Jinx has been on the dog and bone to the management at Billing and all looks in reasonale order, always 2 sides to a story it seems.

Looks like the toffee land rover club ran out of bog role or something similar.

toxo
29th January 2009, 12:10 AM
If it helps Me and Pete are both pretty local to Billing. I'd say it's 15 minutes from Pete's place and 25 from mine. I'd be interested in popping down as a spectator, no doubt I'd get booed away if I turned up in my MK2 ;) In fact I might be able to borrow a MK1 for the day...

J

Boyzdad
29th January 2009, 11:56 AM
I have only just realised, it's only about 45miles from me (and some good roads too!) I will check on dates and get back.

I will probably only be able to do 1 day, the Sunday is the one to go for isn't it?

AW11 Forever
15th March 2009, 06:45 PM
We are still about 41 MK1's away from our 50 car target. This is going to be a great weekend, Billing is a superb facility and the MK1 company is even better!!

Have a look at your diaries and see if you can committ to the weekend

Cheers

Tony Jinxy Froude
15th March 2009, 06:58 PM
Yep i agree with Michael, this is a brand new event for the mk1 club, we need you the members to support it on a grand scale in order for us to make this a huge event for this year & years to come, we need ideas & what you want from this show, so let us know & we can work on it, BUT we need your support :+: , Jinxy

geoffnjen
15th March 2009, 07:13 PM
Hi im only going to be able to make it on the sunday. As im on a big night out in Leicester on saturday. So il be in really dark shades and driving slowly :crazy: .

Geoff

AW11 Forever
15th March 2009, 07:23 PM
Geoff,

LOL no worries you can borrow our headache tablets as I have a slight feeling Saturday night at Billing is also going to be huge.

AW11 Forever
19th March 2009, 01:01 PM
www.billingaquadrome.com (http://www.billingaquadrome.com)

Come and break the MK1 record of 54 MK1's together, please put your names down.

AW11 Forever
19th March 2009, 03:23 PM
I'm sitting here on the laptop with hits of the 80's blasting on MTV, absolutely superb!

Got me thinking back to JAE last year and the 80's theme and fancy dress which was absolutely brilliant, Jinxy in his George Michael clobber was a sight to see, fantastic!

Shall we do a similar theme for Billing, 80's fancy dress and party night on the Saturday.

Thoughts

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/1925/dsc08652.jpg

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/1849/dsc08666.jpg

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/6681/dsc08638.jpg

AW11 Forever
19th March 2009, 03:52 PM
Official artwork / flyer if we decide to go 80's theme! Note La Roux in the top corner.

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/

AW11 Forever
21st March 2009, 03:00 PM
Latest attendance list

1 Jinxy + Uno
2 Wayne
3 Michael and Joanne
4 John Redmond
5 Bill Hulme
6 Paul Woods
7 Steve Kingsnorth
8 Kate
9 Tiny
10. Richard Brett
11.Stuart Kynoch
12. Geoff ( Sunday only )
13. Mathew Jesse ( Sunday only )

Keep adding your names, target is 60 MK1's. We have invited the MK1's from Two Brutal along to this event. Lets keep the list going and keep promoting this event to your Mk1 friends and local members.

Karl/Lou / Max / Jo / Mk1Chris / Oukie are you coming to this?

mr2mk1chick
23rd March 2009, 05:37 PM
Not sure TBH, as i'm supposed to be helping with Fauldsport Caterham Racing team at Donington.
See nearer the time, and what time the qualifying is etc, and if any Cats need fixing after crashing etc.. May be able to do the evening or something....

Monkeymax
23rd March 2009, 07:06 PM

Would like to but may be competing in an Ultimate Frisbee tournament that weekend. Depends if I make first team/sub or not (admittedly unlikely, but I live in hope!). I probably won't know until April/May...

AW11 Forever
24th March 2009, 05:08 PM
To wet your appetite some old pictures from Billing 2000

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/2161/dscn3475.jpg

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/8964/24471192908417af5fd4.jpg

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/6052/billing003.jpg

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/5485/billing0013.jpg

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/2193/billing0017.jpg

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/8999/billing0024.jpg

unowho
25th March 2009, 01:16 PM
Just a quick update - MD out of the office and I'm all alone :clap: :clap:

No reply to email up to last night from Billing, rang at lunch today and the lady i need to speak was in a meeting, so will have to wait until tonight to re-check emails, if not will ring again tomorrow lunch time

AW11 Forever
25th March 2009, 01:48 PM
Latest attendance list

1 Jinxy + Deb's
2 Wayne
3 Michael and Joanne
4 John Redmond
5 Bill Hulme
6 Paul Woods
7 Steve Kingsnorth
8 Kate
9 Tiny
10. Richard Brett
11.Stuart Kynoch
14. Olie ( Friday night and Saturday )
15. Ken Salmon

Keep adding your names for the weekend. Some ideas we have had are:

1. Bring and Buy / Swap Shop - Bring all your unwanted spares, accessories, models, etc, sell or swap them.

2. Show and Shine competition on the Saturday - 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes awarded a trophy with a club body warmer and cap to go to the overall best MK1 in show.

3. Tehnical workshop session hosted by Paul Woods from WOODSPORT and Jinxy 2pm-3pm - Are you havng issues with your MK1, Paul will be on hand for a 1 hour session to hep you and answer any of your tecnical questions.

4. 80's fancy dress party for the Saturday night with a prize going to the best costume.

5. MK1 Club record attempt - Our current record for MK1's at a show is 54, can we break this record and get 55 or more! the best day for this record will be the Sunday so if you can only ake 1 day try and make it the Sunday. For the 55th MK1 to make it onto the display and break the record a mysery prize will be awarded.

Plus lots more, don't miss what will be a geat event.

tommundy
25th March 2009, 05:42 PM
1 Jinxy + Deb's
2 Wayne
3 Michael and Joanne
4 John Redmond
5 Bill Hulme
6 Paul Woods
7 Steve Kingsnorth
8 Kate
9 Tiny
10. Richard Brett
11.Stuart Kynoch
15. Ken Salmon
16. Tom + Hisano (Friday night maybe)

Hi all,

Just had a message from Mike so thought I'd post on here to say that I might be there on the Friday night but my ferry is booked for 6am on Saturday as we booked it before hearing about Billing, doh!

It would break the journey up nicely though and would put us a bit closer for the late night attack to Dover.

So, hopefully see whoever is there on the Friday, and then meet the rest over in Le Mans a few days later. :+:

Cheers for now
Tom

Slinky
25th March 2009, 08:53 PM
would love to attend but got glastonbury at the end of june and wont be allowed.

as a note, Billing is where the UkCougar club used to have their annual meet but changed due to very poor drainage, poor facilities and being harassed about music volume despite being relatively low ( according to the people who attended ).

AW11 Forever
26th March 2009, 08:53 AM
I would imagine these issues were before Billing underwent a referb, I've been there 5 times from 1999 - 2005 and never had any issues at all, in fact it was a superb facility, didn't encounter any drainage problems at all and had no problem with the facilities.

We will check with Billing to make sure there are no issues of this nature with regards to facilities, thanks for the heads up.

Slinky
26th March 2009, 05:56 PM
This was last year, they went in 2007 and were invited back for 2008 so it is recent.
I would just take wellies just in case and make sure you don't have the ghetto blasters too loud :)

However i still believe everyone had an excellent time from what i read so it cant have been that bad :)

unowho
31st March 2009, 09:03 AM
Just a quickie, have heard from Billing :+: , so will get my head around it and post up tonight

mistertwokw
5th April 2009, 07:35 PM
1 Jinxy + Deb's
2 Wayne
3 Michael and Joanne
4 John Redmond
5 Bill Hulme
6 Paul Woods
7 Steve Kingsnorth
8 Kate
9 Tiny
10. Richard Brett
11.Stuart Kynoch
15. Ken Salmon
17. Ki&Lynn

Jinxy, might have to take you up on your offer of a drop off point for Le Mans :+:

Ki

AW11 Forever
9th April 2009, 05:07 PM
Debs,

Anymore updates to add. Am I right in stating its £20 to camp Friday - Sunday. I uderstand BBQ's are allowed so that tea sorted for 2 nights, however there is a fantastic pub called the Billing Mill on site.

Will the size of the pitch accommodate 60 MK1's.

Can you get Jinxy to sort out trophies for Best MK1 in show, 2nd and 3rd place and also a trophy for best fancy dress.

Can we start inviting the affiliates to come along, Steve Brookes ( rear arch repair panels ) for example.

Will there be someone there early Friday afternoon to greet/meet members as I won't be able to get there till about 3pm.

mistertwokw
9th April 2009, 09:23 PM
Myself and Lynn will be there, Jinxy, is it ok if i drop some Le mans stuff at yours?

Ki
1 Jinxy + Uno
2 Wayne
3 Michael and Joanne
4 John Redmond
5 Bill Hulme
6 Paul Woods
7 Steve Kingsnorth
8 Kate
9 Tiny
10. Richard Brett
11.Stuart Kynoch
14. Ki and Lynn

AW11 Forever
10th April 2009, 07:07 AM
Latest attendees

1 Jinxy + Deb's
2 Wayne
3 Ki & Lynn
4 John Redmond
5 Bill Hulme
6 Paul Woods
7 Steve Kingsnorth
8 Kate
9 Tiny
10. Richard Brett
11.Stuart Kynoch
15. Ken Salmon

Keep adding your names, Woodsport has confirmed if he can make the event he will be happy to do a 1 hour technical workshop

old petrolhead
10th April 2009, 10:14 AM
I had offered to arrange a run out to Sywell Airport a WW2 fighter field. It has good parking, food & drinks. It is still in it`s the original Art Deco style & a great deal of investment has been put in to keep it original. There is also a small museum there as well.

Take a look at this site http://www.sywellaerodrome.co.uk

Do you want me to arrange this, if so please add to the list of activities & could attendees specify what day & time would suit & I will arrange it for the majority choice

AW11 Forever
10th April 2009, 05:33 PM
I like this idea Richard, we have never had a run out incorporated into a display show weekend before. I was thinking it might be a good idea to have the run out on the Sunday afternoon about 2pm, people could attend this trip on their way home or 10am on the Sunday for a couple of hours so people are back for lunchtime. So we could run this as an optional ''bolt on trip'' if people could let you know before hand if they waned to go it would make things easier :+:

What are your thoughts

spudgun
13th April 2009, 08:53 PM
I'm hoping to pop up for one day. Not sure which yet, and the weather may have a bearing on it. Fingers crossed this summer is better than the last two.

unowho
22nd April 2009, 08:06 PM
Have put camping costs on 1st page, thought it would be easier.

Still waiting to here back from Billing on a couple of points, ie; Day visitors and Saturday nighjt supper, difficult at work, can only ring at lunchtime, BUT tomorrow Boss is out so can try all day long..... :silent:

unowho
23rd April 2009, 03:50 PM
Latest - Have just spoken to Karen at Billing :roll: , Day Visitors costs now added to 1st page, Saturday Night Supper will be £5 to £6 per head if people are interested, can be dealt with nearer the time, or we could just do our own thing :think:

By the way regarding the Swap Shop can I start............................................. ....
Have to swap .. a Jinxy,
any offers :lol: :lol: :lol: :crazy:

Tiny
23rd April 2009, 04:25 PM
depending on if he is house trained I offer 1 Packet of Jammy dodgers.

unowho
23rd April 2009, 07:31 PM
Afraid the Jinx is not house trained and doesn't cook either :-: :wtf:

Keep um coming........

Pam - MR2 Only
23rd April 2009, 08:38 PM
Hi DEbs :wave:

2 packets of Jelly Babys with the black ones taken out

Pam
MR2 Only Mag

unowho
5th May 2009, 02:18 PM
Richard

Sorry for delay but was waiting to see if any more names added to main list for attendee's, wondered if we could possibly do "The Run" on Saturday afternoon, after lunchtime'ish?, as then it would give those time on Sunday to pack up and go, rather than rush?

Anyone else any thoughts?

Debs

old petrolhead
5th May 2009, 04:52 PM
Thanks Debs

I have sorted out the route to & from Sywell Aerodrome & it takes about 10 minutes. I spoke to the bar manager re the arrival of "hoppfully" a good few cars. She would appreciate a heads up on numbers to make sure that they have sufficient staff on so as not to keep folk waiting. So If those who are definitely up for this could let us know, it would he;p. She only needs a couple of days notice.

Cheers Richard :D

unowho
7th May 2009, 06:32 PM
Had a call tonight from a lady called Melanie, who says "They own a MK1, not a member of a Club, yet, but would like to join us at Billing" So I said absolutely of course you can and see you there, so another name for the list, :+:

Slowy Growing :clap:

oukie
7th May 2009, 09:37 PM
1 Jinxy + Deb's
2 Wayne
3 Ki & Lynn
4 John Redmond
5 Bill Hulme
6 Paul Woods
7 Steve Kingsnorth
8 Kate
9 Tiny
10. Richard Brett
11.Stuart Kynoch
15. Ken Salmon
17. Oukie (all weekend lol)

unowho
8th May 2009, 03:00 PM
1 Jinxy + Deb's
2 Wayne
3 Ki & Lynn
4 John Redmond
5 Bill Hulme
6 Paul Woods
7 Steve Kingsnorth
8 Kate
9 Tiny
10. Richard Brett
11.Stuart Kynoch
15. Ken Salmon
17. Oukie (all weekend lol)
18. Melanie + ?

old petrolhead
10th May 2009, 05:02 PM
I have been a silly Billy & double booked myself on the 6th of June at Billing & Castle Coombe. Please may I re arrange the run to Sywell airport on the sunday, as I really must be at Castle Coombe on Sat the 6th. Sorry about this but I will be at Billing on Friday & Sunday. It`s my age you know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richard :
:oops:

unowho
10th May 2009, 08:23 PM
Sunday sort off ok, depends on what everyone else thinks??

We are planning to leave Billing on Sunday now, then we have more time to get back and sort ourselves out, unpack both cars and then repack the MK1 Monday ready for the BIG OFF... :clap: :clap: :clap:

AW11 Forever
11th May 2009, 09:45 AM
1 Jinxy + Deb's
2 Wayne
3 Ki & Lynn
4 John Redmond
5 Bill Hulme
6 Steve Kingsnorth
7 Kate
8 Tiny
9 Richard Brett
10 Stuart Kynoch
11 Geoff ( Sunday only )
12 Mathew Jesse ( Sunday only )
13 Tom + Hisano (Friday night maybe)
14 Oukie (all weekend lol)
15 Melanie + ?

Updated list, would be nice to get 20 MK1's together, 11 cars so far for the Saturday

unowho
11th May 2009, 04:43 PM
Dear All Concerned

It is with deep regret that I am writing this but I do believe it is for the best.

I am going to CANCEL this event due to a major lack of interest, it really is not worth travelling from afar for just a few cars, especially in this current climate.

Could all those on the list please just confirm you have read this messeage by copying and deleting your name from the list, thanks

A very disheartened
Debs

2 Wayne
3 Ki & Lynn
4 John Redmond
5 Bill Hulme
6 Steve Kingsnorth
7 Kate
8 Tiny
9 Richard Brett
10 Stuart Kynoch
11 Geoff ( Sunday only )
15 Melanie + ?

spudgun
11th May 2009, 04:54 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, Debs.

I was planning to come up for one day. I had even got around to booking thursday and friday off of work to free up some time at the weekend.
I do undertand the reasons behind it though.

:(

Tiny
11th May 2009, 04:55 PM
:shock: :( :cry:
2 Wayne
3 Ki & Lynn
4 John Redmond
5 Bill Hulme
6 Steve Kingsnorth
7 Kate
9 Richard Brett
10 Stuart Kynoch
11 Geoff ( Sunday only )
15 Melanie +

Tony Jinxy Froude
11th May 2009, 05:03 PM
It is indeed sad, although there is Racing at Silverstone that weekend & its Mk1 racing too :+: so if youve got time put aside for billing anyway it would seem a shame not to go along & support them :+:

Monkeymax
12th May 2009, 10:48 AM
:( I was going to come online and say that I could make it for the Sunday as I'm now not playing sports due to an injury but have to stick around here as it's Graduation weekend...
May go to Silverstone on the Sunday though.

pistol pete
12th May 2009, 11:24 AM
as said before i would love to have been there but unfortunatly lil D's 2nd birthday comes first.....

Tony Jinxy Froude
12th May 2009, 11:41 AM
OMG !! :o Daisy's 2 years old now ?? Jesus where did that time go ?? :crazy: :think:

pistol pete
12th May 2009, 01:14 PM
Ha yeah i know its mental she proper lil girl now but she is so good

so got lil d birthday party sat
week off with lil d's birthday on the 10th
then bromley pagent on the sunday
and meeting up with mr S in maidstone before the go off to lemans around that time

Tony Jinxy Froude
12th May 2009, 01:33 PM
Ah :+: glad your going to pop into the White rabbit to see us off, will be good to see you guys :+: , Jinx

mr2mk1chick
12th May 2009, 06:18 PM
Thats a real shame Debs - I thought 18 cars for a show was pretty good going (more than tatton etc)
would still be a good get together surely?

Tony Jinxy Froude
12th May 2009, 06:31 PM
Unfortunately if you took the committee's attendance out of the list of people comming along that only left 9 mk1 club members attending & due to the current economic climate we are mindfull that the membership money needs to be spent wisely, hence the reason why Debs along with the committee decided to cancel this show. Its still a shame though & disapointing to say the least :-: , Jinxy

John Redmond
12th May 2009, 08:15 PM
Very disappointed by this, hotel booked, holidays booked, cover arranged at work.

So, is there going to be a national get together this year? JAE?

2 Wayne
3 Ki & Lynn
4 :cry:
5 Bill Hulme
6 Steve Kingsnorth
7 Kate
9 Richard Brett
10 Stuart Kynoch
11 Geoff ( Sunday only )
15 Melanie +

Tony Jinxy Froude
12th May 2009, 10:15 PM
Hi John, im equally disapointed as are the rest that bothered to include their names on the list & im also sorry that you & others went to all the trouble to get yourselves organised & support this show, but im sure you all would agree that we cant justify spending in excess of £150 for so few members who would have attended, this would no doubt have been raised at some point by those who didnt put their names on the list, but we have to think of the membership as a whole when making this sort of descition. A very disapointed Jinxy :(
If you had already booked the weekend off, why not join the few of us that have decided to go to Silverstone to watch the MK1 racing instead ?, at least you can catch up with a few old friends anyway :+: , Jinx

mistertwokw
13th May 2009, 07:17 AM
I usually do not air my opinions on the forum too much as i am pretty happy with most things :+:

On this occasion though i feel i have to put forward my frustrations. First off let me just say that this is not a dig at anyone at all.

I am more than disapointed at the cancellation of the clubs stand at this show, it annoys the hell out of me that although we had 9 cars for the sat and a few more for the sunday it has been cancelled. Even 9 cars is enough IMO to have a stand and a social get together, people have booked time off and made a gap in there schedules for it!

I am hugely annoyed and dissapointed at this, i will be going anyway as i have the time off now.

A not very happy Ki!!!!! :evil: :evil:

Kateg28
13th May 2009, 07:59 AM
Wayne
3 Ki & Lynn
4 John Redmond
5 Bill Hulme
6 Steve Kingsnorth
9 Richard Brett
10 Stuart Kynoch
11 Geoff ( Sunday only )
15 Melanie +

First main event I was to attend as MK1 Club, huge fight with ex over childcare as he wanted to swap weekends and now this. I totally agree with the items mentioned in Mistertwokw post.

Very very disillusioned.

old petrolhead
13th May 2009, 08:36 AM
Dear All Concerned

It is with deep regret that I am writing this but I do believe it is for the best.

I am going to CANCEL this event due to a major lack of interest, it really is not worth travelling from afar for just a few cars, especially in this current climate.

Could all those on the list please just confirm you have read this messeage by copying and deleting your name from the list, thanks

A very disheartened
Debs

2 Wayne
3 Ki & Lynn
4 John Redmond
5 Bill Hulme
6 Steve Kingsnorth
7 Kate
8 Tiny
10 Stuart Kynoch
11 Geoff ( Sunday only )
15 Melanie + ?

old petrolhead
13th May 2009, 08:36 AM
Wayne
3 Ki & Lynn
4 John Redmond
5 Bill Hulme
6 Steve Kingsnorth
10 Stuart Kynoch
11 Geoff ( Sunday only )
15 Melanie +

First main event I was to attend as MK1 Club, huge fight with ex over childcare as he wanted to swap weekends and now this. I totally agree with the items mentioned in Mistertwokw post.

Very very disillusioned.

tommundy
13th May 2009, 08:53 AM
Hi,

Although I was only going to call in on the Friday night, I can side with other people's frustrations in relation to taking time off work, planning other things around this and also the excitement of going to, for some their first meet, a good national gathering.

As for the financial side of it wouldn't it have been worth at least putting a message on here first, asking if the people attending wouldn't mind chipping in a bit towards the costs?

I hope all that were going to attend find a suitable replacement for the weekend of entertainment that was on the books.

Cheers
Tom

unowho
13th May 2009, 11:26 AM
Well just to clarify, Jinxy spoke briefly to the committee members on the list and it was our decision to cancel, mainly due the costs, also that although names where on the list no one had come forward and said they had booked and paid for this event, except for John, we are not mind readers.

Although camping was only £15.00 each, there was the cost of £115.00 for the field which we felt we could not ask each member to share a cost in and pay for, Supper was £6.00 per head, which you will need to sort out yourselves

I will send another email to Billing when I get home to say that some of you are still attending, please also then contact them direct to let them know your plans, the contact is Karen.

And just because we now have other plans doesn't mean I'm not upset at this, I had put an awful lot of time into this aswell, how do you think I feel? :-:

Debs

unowho
13th May 2009, 11:32 AM
Bear in mind they may charge £115.00 for the field

Ki are you willing to take this over then? as you are still going?

Debs

mr2mk1chick
13th May 2009, 12:02 PM
I am more than disapointed at the cancellation of the clubs stand at this show,
Ki - Just so you are not getting the wrong idea of the Billing event: Its not a club stand at an existing show, its a mk1 club get together/event. there are no other clubs as far as i understood......

But yes, it is a shame

Debs - is it the site fee, plus camping fee?

John Redmond
13th May 2009, 12:44 PM
Hi Tony,

Yes I understand the costs to the club for the pitch etc, you are very right in trying to look out for the best interests of the club.
I had decided to attend this meeting because of the lack of (IMO do-able) national events. The JAE situation last year was never going to work from my point of view. Due to the distance from me, and the holidays required at one of the peak weekends for holidays in the year.
I know that JAE started from an event just like this for the Datsun 'Z' club and to be honest, I was hoping this might of been the start of something similar.

However, all is not lost, I have holidays booked, and a free weekend, so I'm now driving/sight seeing around the Cotswold's! Silver lining and all that :lol:

Wayne
3 Ki & Lynn

5 Bill Hulme
6 Steve Kingsnorth
10 Stuart Kynoch
11 Geoff ( Sunday only )
15 Melanie +

Tony Jinxy Froude
13th May 2009, 01:12 PM
Thank you for your understanding John, we were dammed if we did & dammed if we didnt, if you see what i mean, rock & a hard place springs to mind here :mrgreen: Debs has worked tirelesly on this weekend, emailing, PM'ing, telephoning & generally organising stuff, she even had a quiz worked out as well & i still fail to see why & given the time of year it was to be held, that the response was so poor, the location I believe has nothing to do with events, Billing is still pretty much central & so was the NEC show, yet we had very little support from the membership, to be honest i dont think we can do any more than is already being done to get members to events yet there will still be members telling us we are not doing or delivering enough for their membership fee's even when we make a descition to protect the money the club does spend :crazy: :think: .
JAE has now moved, not sure if you knew this, A few of us went to Wicksteed park at the weekend to view the site on behalf of the club & this is where JAE is to be held for the next 3 years, there is plenty to do there & again its fairly centraly located... lets see how many mk1's turn up to support the club at this event shall we ?
Again, thanks John, but still a very disapointed Jinxy

unowho
13th May 2009, 01:20 PM
Latest update -

Have spoken to Karen at Billing and it is not a problem for you all to still attend, there are other things going on at Billing that weekend.

You will now be camping in the General Camping Area, at a cost of £20.00 per pitch per night.

Debs

oukie
13th May 2009, 04:30 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :-:

3 Ki & Lynn
4 John Redmond
5 Bill Hulme
6 Steve Kingsnorth
9 Richard Brett
10 Stuart Kynoch
11 Geoff ( Sunday only )
14 :(
15 Melanie +

mistertwokw
14th May 2009, 02:09 PM
Sorry i have not replied sooner but i am taking some people around the N Welsh hills and living in a tent so i can inly post when i get back :D

Jo- I was under the impression that Billing involved a number of car clubs each with their own stand, as most car shows. If this is not the case how excactly does it work?
I have not been there before and do not know.

Debs: I am quite willing to take this on...BUT.., i am away from a comp most of the time with work, infact i spend most of my work on various mountains :)
What i will say however is that i would be willing to co organise it with someone, this would make sure that if i am away then things can still be booked.

I would hate to see all the effort that Debs has put in already go to waste.

It sounds like there are a number of people that are as dissapointed as myself so i still feel it is worth having aget together/stand- dont know which as i have not been before.

So there you have it- the club has one person willing to share the organisation......someone must be able to help also :+:

I hope someone helps me, it would be great to meet some more of you

ki

Tiny
14th May 2009, 02:25 PM
Ill Do it with you...ooerr mrs.... :+:

What needs doing and ill do my best :+:

old petrolhead
14th May 2009, 02:47 PM
I am happy to be at Billing on Friday & Sunday with the club merchandise & my car of course. Who else is up for a smaller meeting.

Richard :D

mistertwokw
14th May 2009, 02:54 PM
Thats great Tiny, to be honest i dont actually know what the event entails but i imagine we need to:

1-Get a list of definate attendees for each day
2-Book the pitch with the organisers at Billing
3- Pay for the pitch, this may mean taking some form of deposit off attendees if there is not any money in the club fund-i dont know if there is or there is not :wtf:
4- come up with some sort of an evening meal- i think a Bring your oqn BBQ food thing will be easiest.
5: try to get some of the club banners and flags from someone who has them.Looking at old petrolheads post we already have this :+:

Things look better already- if we all chip in to help then i am sure it can still be a great day

I think thats is a good start- i get back to home tomorrow so i can start to help then, i am on a dial up internet cafe at the mo so cany do alot, if you could pm debs and find out some contact details for billing then thats a start. My mobile number is 07969102207, it will be easier to talk on the phone rather than pm all the time. Any one else who wants to help feel free to phone or pm me.
I am the same boat as you though mate, all we can do is our best :+:

For now though we need a definate attendees list so:

1: Ki and Lynn Fri(set up),Sat and Sun
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:

Tiny
14th May 2009, 03:05 PM
2: Tiny Fri, Sat and Sun (ill have to leave early on Sun got a family thing in the evening.)
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:

oukie
14th May 2009, 04:19 PM
2: Tiny Fri, Sat and Sun (ill have to leave early on Sun got a family thing in the evening.)
3: Oukie, Fri, Sat and sun (I can help with set up and I also have a banner)
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:

unowho
14th May 2009, 05:31 PM
Glad to see some of you are still interested in going :+:

Well done Tiny and Ki :clap: :clap:

Well as I said earlier Billing do not have a problem with you guys going, just that you will be in the General Camping Area, I am sure they will put you all together, otherwise it was £115.00 for the field plus camping fees

Billing contact I have used is Karen, phone no: 01604 408181 or karen@aquadrome.co.uk, I will say she is very hard to pin down :-:

Other events are going on that weekend also see http://www.billingaquadrome.com/events.htm

They were offering a Saturday Night Supper but not sure now due to small numbers.

Anything else then give me a shout, away this weekend but on Mobile 09706 492702

Debs

stumr2sc
15th May 2009, 08:37 AM
My lad will be half way through his GCSE's and will be revising like mad. We can come but only on Sunday.
Stuart

2: Stuart and Chris (Sunday)
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:

pistol pete
15th May 2009, 05:02 PM
3: Oukie, Fri, Sat and sun (I can help with set up and I also have a banner) 4:
5: Stuart and Chris (Sunday)
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:

HTH :+:

old petrolhead
16th May 2009, 02:32 PM
6: Richard Brett Friday & Sunday
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:

HTH :+:

mistertwokw
16th May 2009, 07:55 PM
Come on folks, it looks like a really nice place to spend the weekend, BBQ, Beer and friends...what could be better

4: Stuart and Chris (Sunday)
5: Richard Brett Friday & Sunday
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:

david cropley
18th May 2009, 11:43 PM
I'm up for Billing, nearly finished restoring my darling mk1. I'd be available all w.end if i can help?

AW11 Forever
19th May 2009, 12:34 PM
6: David Cropley

mistertwokw
19th May 2009, 12:43 PM
Thanks David, will post up some details when i have booked things etc. Just waiting for a week or so before seeing a final number of names. :+:

Ki

Tiny
19th May 2009, 02:35 PM
I have left Messages for Karen on the phone and Sent her an email today no response as yet asking for a group of about 10 to be accommodated on the same days in the general camping area but all together. the place is huge so we should be able to manage it. :+:

RE Saturday Night HAd a few ideas

BBQ bring and share meat etc
Fish and chips someone sober goes and gets big fish and chip supper

Or go out into the local area and find a

Pub
Chinese restaurant
Curry house

My favourites are Fish and chips or Curry house

mistertwokw
19th May 2009, 06:53 PM
Nice one Tiny :+:

Thats two of us that have been leaving messages so hopefully she will get back to one of us.

Fish and chips sounds good, we can top up on the beer supply to then :D ,

By the way would it be more convenient for you if you worked your majic on my car in prep for the NEC in november, i seem to remember if you did it once then come november it would be easier to bring back up to scratch.

I will keep you posted if Karen gets back to me

mr2mk1chick
20th May 2009, 04:54 PM
6: David Cropley
Aren't you going any more Mike?

AW11 Forever
22nd May 2009, 06:36 PM
Hi Jo,

I had to cancel about a month ago, something came up on the Saturday night :-:

oukie
27th May 2009, 09:04 AM
3:
4:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:

I have had to cancel my Holiday for friday as Im snowoed under at work so can no longer make this :(

flitzer
28th May 2009, 01:01 PM
3: Stuart and Chris (Sunday)
4: Richard Brett Friday & Sunday
5: David Cropley
6: Fred and Doris

stumr2sc
28th May 2009, 01:04 PM
Just to note Fred and Doris are coming for Sunday only

Tiny
28th May 2009, 01:15 PM
have you heard from THe Karen lady as i have not yet :( despite numerous phone calls no answer or no reply

mistertwokw
28th May 2009, 03:18 PM
Tiny, i have not heard a thing from her yet, will keep trying though.

Ki

old petrolhead
2nd June 2009, 07:18 PM
Hi All. Bad news & apologies. I will not be able to make it to Billing on Friday. I have a hospital appointment that I cannot reschedule. I am having sight problems & need to attend. My sincere apologies. I will be there on Sunday. Regards Richard :oops:

mistertwokw
3rd June 2009, 08:10 AM
Tiny, Have you heard anything back form Karen yet, she has not returned any of my e mails or phone calls. :(

At this rate i am not sure this is going to happen :cry:

Tiny
3rd June 2009, 09:47 AM
Nothing Heard Despite Daily Phone Calls :(

really pissed off :-:

mistertwokw
3rd June 2009, 11:17 AM
I think that if we have not had any luck by Close of play tomorrow then this is going to be a no go :( despite all our efforts :x

Not very happy at all

AW11 Forever
3rd June 2009, 03:17 PM
The office management at Billing need a good kick up their arses, this is shocking service from them, you have a good right to be cheesed off, a strong letter to their management or the directors of Billing is certainly justified.

See you on Monday Ki

mistertwokw
3rd June 2009, 03:19 PM
OMG its monday for Le Mans!! :shock: , best start panicking to do last minute stuff!

Tony Jinxy Froude
3rd June 2009, 03:37 PM
Now you all know what Debs had to deal with !! :crazy: :roll:

mistertwokw
3rd June 2009, 06:20 PM
Jinxy i never did not understand what Debs was dealing with, i am well aware that company's are utter rubbish at comms. Please dont think that by me being very miffed earlier in this thread was in any way aimed at blaming debs for it :)

See you on MOn

Ki

Tony Jinxy Froude
3rd June 2009, 10:34 PM
Hi Ki :+: , no mate, was not aimed at anyone at all sorry if it sounded like that, it wasnt meant to at all :oops: , these people seem unconcerned that there are people willing to choose Billing to spend their money in a time of recession, Debs had exactly the same response & was forced on many occasions to make numerous phones calls per day, whilst at work i might add, just so she could get simple answers to simple questions, baffles the hell out of me. Something tellls me we may have had a lucky escape at the end of the day & billing may not have been the ideal place after all ? :think: , Jinxy
P.S see you Monday & dont forget the fishing rod, got sweetcorn & worms...Mmmm Lovely :+: :lol: , Jinxy

Blue84
4th June 2009, 08:25 PM
Hi Ki :+: , no mate, was not aimed at anyone at all sorry if it sounded like that, it wasnt meant to at all :oops: , these people seem unconcerned that there are people willing to choose Billing to spend their money in a time of recession, Debs had exactly the same response & was forced on many occasions to make numerous phones calls per day, whilst at work i might add, just so she could get simple answers to simple questions, baffles the hell out of me. Something tellls me we may have had a lucky escape at the end of the day & billing may not have been the ideal place after all ? :think: , Jinxy
P.S see you Monday & dont forget the fishing rod, got sweetcorn & worms...Mmmm Lovely :+: :lol: , Jinxy

What a nightmare - I think they need a reminder of what customer service is! :crazy: