PDA

View Full Version : New sub sections

Woodsport
3rd January 2009, 05:02 PM
Ok i know its only just launched,but how about having different sections for various problems,ie engine related,suspension,brakes,electrical,bodywork etc That way members with problems are more likely to find answers to already discussed problems.

Just an idea.

Lauren
3rd January 2009, 05:16 PM
I think it's probably a good and necessary implication given time, although to begin with you'd be better off having everything together as what you don't want is a load of different sections with just a few threads in.

waynestoyotamr2
3rd January 2009, 05:38 PM
FWIW I agree with Lauren, lets get the site nice and busy and then think about splitting it out.

(Lauren, I think this is twice today we have now agreed - whats happening!)

Tony Jinxy Froude
3rd January 2009, 06:11 PM
Just waiting for Paul & Lauren to agree on something.... now that really would be worth celebrating !! :lol: :lol:

Woodsport
3rd January 2009, 06:48 PM
we agree to disagree :D

only joking lauren! :P

Lauren
3rd January 2009, 08:04 PM
LOL!

Tony Jinxy Froude
4th January 2009, 12:21 AM
Aw, i feel the love flowing through the forum already !! :lol: :lol: :P , Jinx

Monkeymax
4th January 2009, 01:01 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I've been thinking about this a lot and agree it's a good idea. My only negative with it is one that Phil originally raised; it's a lot of sections for the regular members to go through when they log in to answer queries. This will mean it'll take longer for replies to posts...
Having just one section for technical issues eliminates this problem. Yes, suspension is with engine stuff, but the search tool (if used properly) should help find relevant posts.

If we go for separate sections, I'd like to keep them to a minimum:
Electrical (automotive & ICE)
Mechanical (Engine, Suspension & Brakes)
Bodywork

Thoughts?

Woodsport
4th January 2009, 08:52 AM
Yes i think at least some basic sub sections so that there is a little structure to it would work well,imoc,the oc,TB,all split the technical sections down so its not all thrown in one place.

crazylegs
4th January 2009, 04:47 PM
i also like the subsection idea and would put my vote on the simple 3 way breakdown if asked. not needed at the moment but when all the hello`s are out of the way then some tech post will start to come in. the difficult thing will be judging when its needed.

Woodsport
4th January 2009, 04:56 PM
straight away i would have thought....at the moment there is no section at all for technical questions and members are still asking them over on imoc,sooner the better really.