PDA

View Full Version : couple of quick questions

crazylegs
3rd January 2009, 07:48 AM
Are we going to have an advertisers page? i would much rather my hard earned cash went to the club. makes sense cos its only mk1`s i work on.

i seem to have to log in every time i visit the forum, is this intended ,can we have a logged in till log out or untill a set time has elapsed (7 days ?)

is there a suggestions/tweaking link or email ?

Tony Jinxy Froude
3rd January 2009, 11:17 AM
Hi Kev, already spoke to Wayne regarding the Advertisers forum & he will sort it in the next day or two, we are about the only two people who provide parts solely for the mk1 on a daily basis so makes sense really, He's also aware of some little glitches on the site, like the one you mention, Both he & Max will be ironing a few of them out today mate, so alls good. Jinx

Monkeymax
3rd January 2009, 10:02 PM
Hi Kev,
Firstly, I've moved this post to the relevant section...

There's a lot to get through at the moment to get things up and running, and we've really had to hit the ground running on this one. Advertisers is one of the things I will need to look at, but I can't tell you when I'll be able to do it. I've got a busy week next week with an exam and a few big meetings, so the fact of the matter is that working on this site is taking up time when I'd normally be sleeping... so there's only so much I can do. We'll get on to it when we can.

As for staying logged in. There's a box when you log in that says "keep me logged in..." Select that and it should do the job. However, I'm not sure it's just behaved itself for me... if this is the case then it's another job on the list... but that means debugging and thus it's not going to be at the top of the list... sorry.
(however, try it out and let me know how it goes)

Tony Jinxy Froude
3rd January 2009, 10:33 PM
Max, i would like to personally thank you for taking the time to help us out, we all know how precious your time is & how busy you are, so this means a lot to us mate.
On a different note... slightly, Ive clicked the Auto log in box too, but it never seems to keep me logged in either :roll: :D , anyways a job for another week, we are just happy we have somewhere to call home... its like a bunch of refugees stumbling on an empty tower block :lol: :lol: :lol: , Jinx

Monkeymax
3rd January 2009, 10:39 PM
Yeah, I seem to have just had no time for anything the last year and although my to-do list gets shorter all the time, my free time does too! :lol: Dunno where it goes!!!

On a different note... slightly, Ive clicked the Auto log in box too, but it never seems to keep me logged in either :roll: :D , anyways a job for another week, we are just happy we have somewhere to call home... its like a bunch of refugees stumbling on an empty tower block :lol: :lol: :lol: , Jinx

What browser are you using? I'll have a quick look now.

AW11 Forever
3rd January 2009, 10:40 PM
Yea Max I'd like to echo what Jinx said, we are extremely lucky to have someone like you with fantastic iT knowledge as part of the team.

I have such a good feeling about the future of the Club now, it's all coming together nicely and it helps when we have such a great bunch of enthusiastic and dedicated people on board.

Onwards and upwards.

Tony Jinxy Froude
3rd January 2009, 10:48 PM
Yeah, I seem to have just had no time for anything the last year and although my to-do list gets shorter all the time, my free time does too! :lol: Dunno where it goes!!!

By browser do you mean I.E7, or Windaz toothousand ( private Joke, ask Mike :lol: )
im still struggling with a calculator mate, so P.C are not my thing :roll: :lol:

Monkeymax
3rd January 2009, 11:08 PM
By browser do you mean I.E7, or Windaz toothousand ( private Joke, ask Mike :lol: )
im still struggling with a calculator mate, so P.C are not my thing :roll: :lol:

IE7 is all I needed to know Jinx, thanks.
Gonna have to delve into this one arms deep as I can't figure out why it's doing it right now, so it's not an issue that'll be sorted tonight... sorry.

Tony Jinxy Froude
3rd January 2009, 11:15 PM
Thanks Max, take as long as you need mate, no probs....wonder if Wayne is drunk yet, he's been on a high since yesterday, dont think he's come down yet :lol:

jimi
4th January 2009, 12:28 AM

It does the same with Firefox 3.03
Jiimi

Monkeymax
4th January 2009, 12:56 AM
It does the same with Firefox 3.03
Jiimi

Cheers for that info Jimi. That leaves me with a proper :? ... :(
Seems to work fine on my version of FF, but it's an old version (2.x).

jimi
4th January 2009, 01:12 AM
:oops: sorry :oops: more info for your conumdrum I'm using IE6 sp3 and it's the same, I tick the box and log in, no problem, close the browser, open it again and have to log in again.
Cookie problem (or lack of ) perhaps ?
Jimi

Monkeymax
4th January 2009, 01:26 AM
Yes, that's what I'm thinking. It's probably due to the way the website and forum have been linked...
More homework for another day... :lol:

Thanks for the help Jimi!

jimi
4th January 2009, 01:32 AM
Glad to help Max
Just tried something else. In both IE6 and Firefox 3 if I log in and click on a post, this one for example, I can read and reply to it fine, but if I refresh/reload the page then I have to log in again, looks very much like a lack of cookie problem.
Jimi

Monkeymax
4th January 2009, 01:41 AM
Yup, looks almost certainly like a cookie problem now - I may have it identified... I'll have a play another evening to try to fix though...

If it's not that, then it is indeed down to the integration between website & forum, which will take longer to fix but at least I'll know (vaguely) what to do!