PDA

View Full Version : Silverstone Classic 2022 - 26th to 28th August 2022 (Bank Holiday Weekend!)

tommundy
10th April 2022, 03:14 PM
Hi all,

Welcome to the official thread for the 2022 Silverstone Classic (https://www.silverstoneclassic.com/)!

Intro
Whether you've been before or if it's your first time thinking about attending, the Silverstone Classic really is the No. 1 classic and historic car event of the year. Not only do you get over 10,000 cars on display, but there's also racing from dawn until dusk from Friday until Sunday. There's so much to do that it can be overwhelming, but it's got something for everyone.

Once you've purchased your ticket, pretty much everything inside the circuit is included. This covers a free fair ground, open access to lots of stands that at the F1 would cost you over £400 for a weekend ticket. You also have full access to all of the pits and can get as close as you dare to the cars. There's nothing like being in the pits when dozens of historic F1 cars are exiting onto track; truly exhilarating! There are also off road experiences, stunt driving demos, drag racing demos and in years gone by there have been reverse steering Citroen 2CV challenges as well as many other bits of entertainment off track.

Once it gets to the evening, you're treated to a great line-up of free music on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night including acts like Rick Astley, Sister Sledge, Gabrielle and more!

On top of all of this, you'll get to display your MR2 to the public and will get to chat to likeminded fans of the MR2 throughout the weekend.

MR2 Mk1 Club Car Display
In previous years, we've had as many as 33 cars on display on our stand and it's a great way to show off the marque. Whether you're new to the club, or a long-standing member, please come along to show off your pride and joy. It doesn't have to be in concourse condition, and everyone will be interested to see what Mk1 you bring.

Tickets
By booking through the MR2 Mk1 Club, you will get 2 tickets for the price of 1 PLUS you will get a car pass to allow you to display your car in the infield section of Silverstone along with around 10,000 other classic and sports cars.

The prices for the tickets are below (remember this is 2-for-1):

As you can see, it's much better value to make a weekend of it! :)

To purchase your ticket, simply send me a Personal Message through the forum with the following information:

Name
Address
Phone and/or Mobile Number(s)
Car Registration
Car Colour
Type of Ticket ie. Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Weekend
Payment method (PayPal, Cash, Cheque or Bank Transfer)
Whether you're camping or not

Camping
Details TBC Once I have spoken with Silverstone on Monday

The following Monday is a Bank Holiday, so why not make a long weekend of it and extend your camping to include Sunday night? If you camp at Woodlands or the Golf Club, your camping ticket covers you from Thursday night to Monday midday.

Racing
The line-up for the 2022 Silverstone Classic will feature the most exciting racing action from one of the best spreads of motorsport to date. The racing action will be non-stop all weekend.

The grids for this year have been confirmed as below:

Historic Formula Junior
MRL Pre-War Sports Cars 'BRDC 500'*
Tony Dron Memorial Trophy for MRL Historic Touring Cars
HSCC Historic Formula*2
MRL Royal Automobile Club Woodcote Trophy & Stirling Moss Trophy
Royal Automobile Club Historic Tourist Trophy (MRL Pre '63 GT)
Masters Racing Legends
Ignition GP 90s F1 (demonstration)
Masters Endurance Legends
HSCC Thundersports
International Trophy for Classic GT Cars (Pre '66)
HGPCA Pre '66 Grand Prix Cars
Adrian Flux Trophy For Transatlantic Pre '66 Touring Cars
Yokohama Trophy for Masters Sports Car Legends

More details here - https://www.silverstone.co.uk/events/the-classic/track-action

Music
The Music line-up has just been released, and can be found below!

Friday Night Music

The Cuban Brothers
Bjorn Again

Saturday Night Music

Gabrielle
Sister Sledge

Sunday Night Music

The Shires
Rick Astley

Car Display
Around 10,000 cars from all sorts of car clubs makes this one of the world's largest displays of sports and super cars, along with many rarities. The calibre of cars on show is truly stunning!

Other Features of this Amazing Show!

For the first time ever, all seven of Sir Lewis Hamilton’s Formula One Championship winning cars will be on display in one location
Anniversary parades
Aerial displays
Auctions (if you're feeling flush!)
Live demonstrations
Shopping village
Free fun fair including crazy golf
Food and drink stalls

More information is available directly from Silverstone
https://www.silverstone.co.uk/events/the-classic

If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask! :)

Cheers,
Tom

Club Chairman

tommundy
10th April 2022, 03:18 PM
*** Official Attendees List ***
1. Tom Mundy - tommundy - Weekend - Camping - PAID
2. Nigel Sykes - avant - Saturday - PAID
3. Shane Reid - Shaner - Weekend

tommundy
10th April 2022, 03:22 PM
Hi all!

Apologies for the lateness in getting Silverstone advertised this year, but hopefully we can still get a few of us together on a stand.

There's been a few subtle changes over the past couple of years, but it still promises to be a great event! :)

I'll be putting together a little goodie bag for any attendees. :+:

Any questions, just ask.

Cheers,
Tom

Sillyhatday
2nd May 2022, 09:14 AM
Hi Tom.

Sorry for being absent from here, you know how life is. I'm not sure if I'll make it or not this year. I'll see if I can get anyone interested in going.

Finally got a European road trip sorted after the covid nonsense, which is only a few weeks before the classic. Strange that it is in August this year.

avant
24th May 2022, 09:02 PM
Hi Tom,
Tried PM you regarding tickets for Silverstone Classic. Have you received anything from me?

Thanks
avant

tommundy
25th May 2022, 10:46 AM
Hi avant,

Yes, sorry, seen that come in. I'll be doing some club admin in the next few days, so expect a response then. Don't worry, you'll get a ticket. :)

Cheers,
Tom

tommundy
27th May 2022, 12:48 PM
Just replied. :) Let me know if there's any issues.

Thanks again. :+:

Shaner
11th June 2022, 10:48 AM
Hi Tom,

I'm thinking about coming over to the Classic (from Ireland), this year. I haven't fully decided yet, but I'm starting to put together the costs for travel and accommodation etc. Can you tell me how much a full weekend (non-camping) ticket will be now the 31st May deadline has passed? Also, I will probably only need one ticket, so if there is anyone else out there potentially looking for a single weekend ticket, I could therefore have one available.

Shane.

tommundy
16th June 2022, 09:14 PM
Hi Shane, we've got until 26th June to book car club packages.

I'll post a further reply tomorrow with details when I'm home. :) :+:

Would be nice to see you.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

tommundy
17th June 2022, 03:30 PM
Hi Shane,

I've just checked and the prices are still as per above, so £145 for the weekend if paying by bank transfer.

Drop me a PM with your plans. :) :+:

Cheers,
Tom

(I'm away this weekend, so may reply Sunday evening or Monday)

tommundy
17th June 2022, 03:31 PM
PS: Unless I missed it, it looks like your membership expired in April too, so you'll need to renew to take advantage of the 2 for 1 prices. :)

Shaner
19th June 2022, 12:02 PM
Hi Tom,

Membership just renewed. Will come back to you shortly about the tickets.

Shane.

tommundy
20th June 2022, 02:47 PM
Hi Tom,

Membership just renewed. Will come back to you shortly about the tickets.

Shane.

Cheers Shane. :+:

Shaner
8th July 2022, 05:33 PM
Hey folks,

I have booked the 2 for 1 car club tickets, as I'm bringing my car over from Ireland this year. Want to give it a good run through the Welsh mountains, and the event is shortly after a "landmark" birthday, so I am treating myself. However despite much persuasion my other half isn't coming, so I will only need the one ticket. I can therefore offer a FULL 3 DAY WEEKEND TICKET for the bargain price of just €75! This is exactly half of what I paid for the two tickets.

N.B. The ticket is for entry on the three days only - it doesn't include camping, and it doesn't include the car pass to the display area (as I will be using this).

Send me a PM if you are interested.

Shane.

Lakelad
23rd July 2022, 10:35 PM
Slightly nostalgic tonight as this was traditionally Classic weekend - lots of fun.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

tommundy
25th July 2022, 07:16 PM
Yeh! Can't believe it's been 7 years since we had 33 cars on the parade lap for the 30th anniversary! [emoji50]

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2022/07/dcd7e0a9e5527d40929ff7156bdaf6f1-1.jpg

Sillyhatday
31st July 2022, 07:57 PM
How many of us are going? I might join you for just the Saturday, I need to check my calendar tomorrow.

tommundy
1st August 2022, 10:38 PM
How many of us are going? I might join you for just the Saturday, I need to check my calendar tomorrow.Hey up!

Just 3 cars this year unfortunately, but we'll still enjoy it, and will do a big push for 2023!

I think the 2 for 1 tickets have stopped now, and also the infield passes, but you may be able to contact the Classic team directly to try and wangle your way in. [emoji106]

Would be good to catch up!

Sillyhatday
2nd August 2022, 08:42 PM
I don't mind not being able to get in with the car. It's very last minute anyway.

I'll ask some people if they are interested in coming with me. I think I'll be coming on my own.

I'll be in Cornwall until Tuesday that week and I have commitments on the Friday. I'll see if I can wiggle out of them and come for the camping Thursday until Saturday. I'll also renew my membership!!

You still got the same phone number?

tommundy
21st August 2022, 05:34 PM
Less than a week to go folks! Only a small group of us this year, but it still looks to be a great weekend!

Shane still has a full weekend ticket going spare, if anyone fancied joining in? No in-field car pass unfortunately, but a cheap weekend full of motorsport!

tommundy
25th August 2022, 10:55 PM
All set up! :D

tommundy
25th August 2022, 10:56 PM
Rough packing list was 4/6 man tent, camping chairs, double height double airbed, airbed pump, gas cookers, coolbox, camping tables, sleeping bags, pillows, cameras, DC to AC power supply, big drone batteries for power source, electronics, mobile lights, day rucksack, gopro, tripod, camera, torches, clothes and food for 5 days, 24 cans of beer/cider, 5 boxes of wine, gin and tonic cans, camping cutlery and crockery, washing up bowl and more! :+: