PDA

View Full Version : Best Mk1 in the country for sale

MR2MK1
17th June 2021, 10:26 PM
Hi guys
Im the Lao in Ireland and the below car has come up for sale in my area .Check it out and give me your thoughts if interested let me know

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1406125386422032?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A841beb59-c54c-4089-bafd-cc30fd5a5685

regards
Colin

Rich135
18th June 2021, 10:45 AM
Hi Colin
Well it is stunning that is for sure - the two tone colour really is my favourite.
Apart from the dead fly on the headlight :D it looks perfect. What is the knob/thing on the rear offside quarter panel?
Obviously the price is very high, but then that is a personal decision. For comparison, here are some photo's of my all white car with 50k miles on the clock. Mine is as good as I can make it, but that one is still slightly nicer! https://flic.kr/ps/3LNHPH
Good luck
Rich

Rich135
18th June 2021, 10:50 AM
Odd that the MOT has actually expired and the mileage was only 9927 when it passed the last one in 2016...

jimi
18th June 2021, 11:12 AM
If you use the vehicle check, its taxed and MOT'd. Something to do with being in Ireland I think. The lock on the rear wing will be for an immobiliser. It may well look great in the pics, but I notice there are no close ups of the common MK1 rust spots i.e. rear arches, bottom of the B pillars. Good ax.it looks it's not worth 20K in my book.

Rich135
18th June 2021, 02:07 PM
The lock on the rear wing will be for an immobiliser.

How can someone do that to the body work just for an immobiliser - that is upsetting!

peterhardy123
18th June 2021, 06:24 PM
Hi Colin
For comparison, here are some photo's of my all white car with 50k miles on the clock. Mine is as good as I can make it, but that one is still slightly nicer! https://flic.kr/ps/3LNHPH
Good luck
Rich

Yours looks fantastic, Rich :-).

I'm still looking if you ever think of selling. Unfortunately I'm nowhere near wealthy enough to get anywhere near that £20k price tag :-(.

Peter.

jed
18th June 2021, 06:42 PM
In the classic car weekly this week there is a 1988 mk1 one owner with 6401 miles with fsh
priced £25,992 in Scotland - Original and immaculate - the money is in the mileage, would not be able to use it as this will devalue as seen with all, would imagine this has been in a collection. With this provenance would imagine one of the best in the world. No matter how you restore cars the original provenance is the key
Personally the car requires to be used and enjoyed.

peterhardy123
18th June 2021, 06:54 PM
I fully agree, Jed. I can't see the point in buying a car and then not being able to enjoy it.

jed
18th June 2021, 06:59 PM
As a post script to the above there is a guy who trailers a Mk1 to the Toyota dealer in Huddersfield, I have not checked for a couple of years but this is stunning condition according to the mechanics, and has full service ect
The best I have seen for a long time belongs to a guy who lives a couple of miles from me, has owned for many years and is in a light blue, works in the trade, trying to bring it to the Mr2 meet in July, looking forward to the meet.

MR2MK1
23rd June 2021, 01:57 PM
Hi Rich
Just to be clear this is not my car and I have never seen it in the flesh so can't answer any questions on it.I saw it on FB Market place and got chatting with the owner who seems genuine enough so if you have any questions regarding the car go through the link to the seller
By the way there is a current offer of 15 1/2 k on it
C

Rich135
23rd June 2021, 02:29 PM
Hi Rich
Just to be clear this is not my car and I have never seen it in the flesh so can't answer any questions on it.I saw it on FB Market place and got chatting with the owner who seems genuine enough so if you have any questions regarding the car go through the link to the seller
By the way there is a current offer of 15 1/2 k on it
C

Yes no problem Colin, I realised it was just a car you had seen. Amazing prices these are being offered at these days.

MR2MK1
23rd June 2021, 04:29 PM
Yes no problem Colin, I realised it was just a car you had seen. Amazing prices these are being offered at these days.

And may it continue lol:p

MR2MK1
23rd June 2021, 04:34 PM
Heres another local one with a more realistic price lol
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/307745001051038/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A3b58356f-7d10-46de-af12-09673b402484

jimi
23rd June 2021, 09:17 PM
3E5 with a blue interior ? Didn't think that was an option :confused:
Edit Looking at the pics again I think the interior is black, the seats are a bit faded and look blue.

MR2MK1
24th June 2021, 05:25 AM
3E5 with a blue interior ? Didn't think that was an option :confused:
Edit Looking at the pics again I think the interior is black, the seats are a bit faded and look blue.

Just the way the picture was taken in the sun the seats are black

jimi
24th June 2021, 08:05 AM
details

driven 127000 km

manual gearbox

exterior colour: Red

interior colour: Blue

fuel type: Petrol

excellent condition

I read the description before looking at the pics, which is why I questioned the colour ;)

MR2MK1
24th June 2021, 08:35 AM
I read the description before looking at the pics, which is why I questioned the colour ;)

Thats more than I did lol
C

jimi
24th June 2021, 10:27 AM
Thats more than I did lol
C

:D your not alone in that :cool:

Martin42006
28th June 2021, 12:01 PM
That mk1 in the first post i remember it coming up for sale a few years ago. I believe there was a thread on here about it.
It was considerably cheaper then.

topolino
3rd July 2021, 12:42 PM
good to see nice ones around , I have a rust free never welded car silver over white on car and classic at £7,000 had no interest only a scammer, strange.

Rich135
3rd July 2021, 03:34 PM
good to see nice ones around , I have a rust free never welded car silver over white on car and classic at £7,000 had no interest only a scammer, strange.

Your car does look lovely and should easily fetch your asking price. If you don’t mind me saying, the photographs are very poor so getting some good quality shots taken will help a lot. Also the mileage stated doesn’t seem to stack up against the DVLA website so that might put people off.

It’s my favourite colour combo though.

topolino
3rd July 2021, 04:50 PM
the mileage is correct for the engine and the car, it was bill hulmes car he swapped the km speedo for a mph speedo, I still have the km speedo showing original mileage in km's plus records of the mileage covered since the speedo swap it comes out as the mileage stated in the ad, there is a large document folder showing these details plus work done and all money spent.

peterhardy123
3rd July 2021, 07:09 PM
I've just sent you a PM :D

topolino
3rd July 2021, 07:12 PM
reply has been sent peter.

peterhardy123
7th July 2021, 07:48 AM
I've done a deal with Paul (topolino) and will be collecting my new MR2 Mk1 T-Bar on Saturday :D.

As some of you will know, I've been looking for quite a while. I'm really pleased with the car I've ended up with :). It was well worth the wait!

Regards all, Peter.

Rich135
7th July 2021, 08:24 AM
I've done a deal with Paul (topolino) and will be collecting my new MR2 Mk1 T-Bar on Saturday :D.

As some of you will know, I've been looking for quite a while. I'm really pleased with the car I've ended up with :). It was well worth the wait!

Regards all, Peter.
Congrats Peter! It looks a lovely car, you're a lucky man. Enjoy pick up day!

peterhardy123
7th July 2021, 11:22 AM
Congrats Peter! It looks a lovely car, you're a lucky man. Enjoy pick up day!

Thanks Rich!

lightning
20th August 2021, 09:17 PM
The car in the original post belongs to a guy called Andrew and indeed is superb. I bought my mk2 rev4 from him. He had it provisionally sold to Australia but it may have fallen thru as they went into a tight lockdown there so I think its back on the market. Its the second lowest mile one I know about ;)