PDA

View Full Version : White T Bar for sale - 77k miles

RFREEMAN
16th June 2020, 02:33 PM
It is time that I should be selling my Mk1. Had it now for over 9 years and in that time I have spent many a happy hour working on it, just not as much time as I would like, driving it. In the time I have had it I have only covered something like 4000 miles. It needs someone who will enjoy more hours behind the wheel.

However, I have enjoyed it as a hobby and lots has been done to it.

It is a 1988 White T Bar with original full black leather interior

The things that I recollect doing are:

- Replacement 15" alloy wheels with new Toyo Proxy tyres, still have the original 14" wheels to go with it.

- New adjustable coilover suspension all round

- Fully Poly-bushed

- Replacement KN air filter, still have original air boxes if wanted.

- Accelerator linkage replaced with Jimi mod

- New replacement sump.

- Replacement front wings and skirts

- New cambelt a couple of thousand ago

- When welding was completed, in 2017, I decided to wrap, rather than a bottom half respray. If you did "unwrap", the rear quarters would need a respray as I didn't final coat. Link for pics of what it looks like see wrap thread from 2017. http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread.php?17934-Wrapping-car&highlight=rfreeman

- Did run it with a stainless steel Janspeed exhaust, but have returned to standard. Janspeed can be included.

- In addition to a Haynes manual I also have The full workshop manuals for both body and mechanics

- I have a new full set of Mk1 graphics, if new owner wants to respray and return to original.

I'm sure there is more that I have forgotten

Anyway, I am not in a hurry and I aim to get it MOT'd in the next couple of weeks and get it back on the road.

Will be looking for £4K for it

I am based in Perth Scoltland and happy to answer any questions you may have. Either message or call me on 07740 454760

Thanks

Robert

Martin42006
17th June 2020, 09:14 AM
Might be worth getting a few pictures up of what the car is like now and any underneath photos if you have them.
If you cant upload them inbox them to me and ill pop them up.
Good luck with the sale, i know of a couple of people looking at the moment so will point them in this direction.

RFREEMAN
19th June 2020, 04:53 PM
Just taken some pics today.

RFREEMAN
19th June 2020, 04:58 PM
A few more:

I do have more and happy to send, probably easier if you send me a message on WhatsApp. My number 07740 4564760

Next week when the car is in garage I will take some pics from underneath when its on the ramps. I'm taking it across on Monday, but he may not be able to fit it in before Wednesday.

Happy to answer any questions

Robert

RFREEMAN
21st June 2020, 01:09 PM
These are the workshop manuals, used to be pretty rare.

In answer to a couple of questions about the wrapping. It has spent most of the time since I wrapped it, in the garage. So no appreciable change in the condition. It is pearlescent, which doesn't show up as well in the photos. I wrapped it purely for personal taste, I could have just had rear quarters resprayed, as the rest was fine. If it is putting buyers off, I may just unwrap and have the rear quarters sprayed (but I would up the price).

I will update later this week when MOT'd.

Robert

Martin42006
21st June 2020, 09:34 PM
She looks good and well looked after, Thanks for the photos.
Im not looking for another one at the moment but have put the word to a couple of people who are looking.
In the photos the wrap looks abit cream coloured, is this just the photos or is that the colour it is?
GLWS

RFREEMAN
22nd June 2020, 08:42 AM
You are right. It isn't plain white It is Pearlescent Ivory, with a blue/pink effect in the right light.

RFREEMAN
24th June 2020, 10:17 PM
Got it back from the garage today. Now newly MOT'd. No advisories. He didn't take any photos of the underneath.

One anomaly on the MOT history is that in 2014 it was recorded as 16579 miles not the true 76579. Too much trouble to try to get it fixed, but it is obvious from the previous and post MOT's exactly what happened - a typo.

On the way home I remembered just how much fun it was to drive. If I still have it on July 1st I will put it back on road and enjoy the still relatively quiet roads.

However, it does have to be sold. Main reason is shown in the MOT mileage history, 600 miles in 6 years! Have to admit is needs more driving. So, I am selling my 4 fun cars and aiming to slim down to one (a citroen DS safari, if I can). If you are interested, the other 3 going are 2003 R53 Cooper S JCW, 1999 BMW Z3M roadster and a 1999 BMW Z3M coupe.

Tellso
25th June 2020, 07:57 AM
What a fleet! Almost too difficult what to take out in the mornings. And the DS Safari would be the cherry on top. Shame Peugeot got their hands on Citroen really. Anyway, enjoy it and all the best with the sale(s).

Rich135
25th June 2020, 08:06 AM
Wow, what a great collection. You're lucky you have the space to store them all. The typo is an easy mistake to make, as some numerical keypads start with 1 at the top left and others with one at the bottom left - very annoying and should be standardised!!!

Good luck with the sale. It looks like a great car that wouldn't take much to put back to standard if someone wanted to.

Rich

RFREEMAN
26th June 2020, 05:06 PM
In these socially distanced times I am more than happy to do a whatsapp video walk around. Just let me know a suitable time and can walk around and chat through anything you want to know. Robert 07740 454760

RFREEMAN
28th June 2020, 04:45 PM
Now sold. Put on Ebay at lunchtime, driven away just now. Not sure whether the new owner will appear here, but he does aim to return to standard.

Thanks for any input.

Robert

Martin42006
28th June 2020, 07:26 PM
Now sold. Put on Ebay at lunchtime, driven away just now. Not sure whether the new owner will appear here, but he does aim to return to standard.

Thanks for any input.

RobertNice one. Hope the car sticks in the club :)

Rich135
29th June 2020, 07:22 AM
Wow that was super quick on ebay! Well done for making a quick sale.

RFREEMAN
29th June 2020, 08:57 AM
I know Ebay can be a pain at times, but I also advertised my Mini Cooper s JCW at the same time. That also sold yesterday evening. Looks like there is still a market out there for the right cars.