PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Monkeymax
20th November 2019, 08:48 PM
Hello all!
I used to post here a lot! ;)
Life has gotten in the way and with lots of other stuff away from cars going on, my MR2 has been in storage the last couple of years. Unfortunately before I put her in storage (and one of the reasons why I did) she started rusting away a bit. Having recently had work done on the arches, (and put in a 6 speed gearbox) it was too much for me so I postponed the problem. :lol:
Anyway, I keep thinking about her and wanting to get her sorted, so am beginning the research in what I need to get the bodywork sorted. Plus I miss the MR2 scene a bit, so I figured it's time to get back into it!

I'll try to be more active than I was last time I bumped my membership! :lol:

Sweetpea
20th November 2019, 09:49 PM
Hello Max! Good to hear from you again!
Hope you are well.

James

Martin42006
21st November 2019, 07:36 AM
Nice to see an old name back on the forum. Looking forward to some updates.

Monkeymax
21st November 2019, 12:32 PM
Hi James and Martin! Great to see the club is still going!
I won't promise massive updates any time soon; I need to raise some money to sort the old girl out, and get some new parts, etc. Hopefully she'll be back on the road next summer, but I'm possibly off overseas again second half of next year so it won't be for long, unfortunately...

Rich135
21st November 2019, 01:21 PM
Nice to meet you Max - I look forward to hearing of any updates.

I am pretty new to ownership and am loving it so far!

Rich

Sweetpea
21st November 2019, 08:42 PM
...but I'm possibly off overseas again second half of next year so it won't be for long, unfortunately...

Overseas? Do tell more!
Although I hate to ask on grounds that you probably said some time ago and I just forgot. My missus says I don't always listen. She'll be comforted to know it's not just her I ignore!

Monkeymax
22nd November 2019, 09:27 AM
Haha! No, don't worry, it hasn't come up here. I previously took a 6 month sabbatical to go travelling back in 2017/18 with my partner, but this is a work thing instead.

jimi
23rd November 2019, 02:04 AM
Hi Max, it's been a while, time you were getting it back up and running ;) last time I saw you was here

https://www.mr2oc.co.uk/index.php?&mode=full&folder=jae2007&file=jae2007-019.jpg&option=com_eventgallery&view=resizeimage

can't remember if you took the picture or you were sitting beside your sister ?

Sillyhatday
27th November 2019, 06:55 PM
Hello all!
I used to post here a lot! ;)
Life has gotten in the way and with lots of other stuff away from cars going on, my MR2 has been in storage the last couple of years. Unfortunately before I put her in storage (and one of the reasons why I did) she started rusting away a bit. Having recently had work done on the arches, (and put in a 6 speed gearbox) it was too much for me so I postponed the problem. :lol:
Anyway, I keep thinking about her and wanting to get her sorted, so am beginning the research in what I need to get the bodywork sorted. Plus I miss the MR2 scene a bit, so I figured it's time to get back into it!

I'll try to be more active than I was last time I bumped my membership! :lol:

Hello again :cool: