PDA

View Full Version : Superb Leather T-Bar ‘87 - the £30k Resto one

Vistalite
24th May 2019, 08:56 PM
The time has come for me to sell one of my fleet, as the 1a currently being renovated is progressing and I have another that is not being used. I cannot drive them all so I have reluctantly decided to put this beauty up for sale:

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1114935

cchrysos
24th May 2019, 10:02 PM
That’s is such a stunning example Jonathan. Good luck with the sale....seems like a bargain to me.

Do you plan on having the blue one built to the same or similar standard?

Vistalite
25th May 2019, 06:56 AM
Hi Chrys, these cars are so difficult to price but I’m hoping someone sees the benefit of what’s been carried out on the car.

I can’t see the blue one achieving the same level of build quality but you never know.

I am pleased to see progress with yours at long last - it must be a relief to see the end of the tunnel? It certainly looks a nice example.

cchrysos
25th May 2019, 09:17 AM
If I had the space and cash, I would snap your red one up at that price. It’s probably one of the best examples in the UK.

Yes it is nice to see mine getting there but it has been a very frustrating process. The fuel pump has still got to be done again and the paint got a little damaged in places whilst in storage unfortunately. It will still be a great car to use and show though.

Did those seats sell?

Vistalite
25th May 2019, 06:01 PM
That’s a real bugger about the fuel pump - I feel for you. Call it yet another blip in the life of an MR2 restorer, but it'll be worth it in the end. Your car is going to so good, I can’t wait to see it.

I’ll post some pics of my blue one soon, once I’ve got over to view it. BTW, I managed to get a fab pair of valence panels for £80 in the end, which is a bit of a steal really.

michaeljapp
25th May 2019, 08:20 PM
Its a stunning car - Easily worth the asking price.

Good luck with the sale.

cchrysos
25th May 2019, 10:09 PM
That’s a real bugger about the fuel pump - I feel for you. Call it yet another blip in the life of an MR2 restorer, but it'll be worth it in the end. Your car is going to so good, I can’t wait to see it.

I’ll post some pics of my blue one soon, once I’ve got over to view it. BTW, I managed to get a fab pair of valence panels for £80 in the end, which is a bit of a steal really.

I look forward to seeing the progress.

Glad you got some good valances too. One less panel to worry about

Vistalite
10th June 2019, 06:29 PM
A very sad day indeed, after six and a half years of ownership :-(

I still wonder if i’ve done the right thing.

Topcat
10th June 2019, 07:02 PM
Depends ‘on what you gonna replace it with !!
A very sad day indeed, after five and a half years of ownership :-(

I still wonder if i’ve done the right thing.

Vistalite
10th June 2019, 07:09 PM
Well, there is this, but it’s a far cry . . .

Please excuse the wheels, they came with the car (should be the 1a’s).

cchrysos
10th June 2019, 10:19 PM
One door closes Jonathan........ any more pictures of the blue one yet?

Vistalite
11th June 2019, 06:45 AM
One door closes Jonathan........ any more pictures of the blue one yet?

Hi Chrys, it’s off for final paint today which should be done in two weeks apparently, so will take some after that.

cchrysos
11th June 2019, 11:17 PM
Fantastic. I look forward to it

Martin42006
12th June 2019, 11:07 AM
It's always going to be sad to let one go. Hence why I have never sold one. :D it sounds like the replacement is going to a stunner once your finished though. Looking forward to seeing some progress updates on it.

Vistalite
12th June 2019, 11:15 AM
Thank you Martin and Chrys, but I don’t think it’ll be anywhere the same standard if I’m honest.

These early models are really difficult to get back together with the lack of specific parts, and probably why they aren’t as popular or as common as the 1b. I think you have to have a certain amount of madness to restore an MR2!

Martin42006
12th June 2019, 12:14 PM
I think you have to have a certain amount of madness to restore an MR2!

I think James would be the authority on that. :D

My next project was either going to be a 1a or a t-bar 1b since you can't get a t-bar 1a. I'm leaning very heavily towards the 1a decision. Quite why I'm planning the next project when I have 3 unfinished is beyond me and probably goes back to your previous comment.