PDA

View Full Version : Bought mine in 1988 and still going strong!!

jeh14586
1st June 2018, 06:09 PM
Hi everyone - my name's Jane and I've just become a new member of the group and looking forward to finding out about the club and meeting some of the other members at future events. I have a 1985 MR2 MkI in green/beige (Sherwood)which I have owned since 1988. I've attached a photo - not brilliant - lots of reflection - I was taking photos before it goes in for some rust treatment. I have totally enjoyed owning the car, driving it is fantastic and although it is draining my pockets to buy replacement parts every so often i will not part with it. Just loving it!

bobbyboy
1st June 2018, 06:51 PM
Wow. Looks in great condition, and still the cars first owner. Very impressed.

Vistalite
1st June 2018, 07:49 PM
Hi Jane and welcome to the club. She’s certainly a beauty - more photos please :-)

Alan SE is the man down your way for meets, he’s always got plenty of things planned.

Jonathan

Sillyhatday
1st June 2018, 08:40 PM
Nice, I've got a Sherwood coloured MK1 too. It looks brilliant. You've had it longer than I've been alive!

I'm sure lots of people on here can help with getting parts in the future. Welcome.

Have you thought about joining us for the Silverstone Classic?

cchrysos
2nd June 2018, 06:35 AM
Hi Jane. Welcome to the club.
I live very close by and have seen your car driving around a few times over the years.
Mine should be completed in the next few weeks so I may see you around whilst I am in mine :-). Look out for a light metallic blue mk1a with black bumpers.

Are you taking yours to the Hatfield heath car show?

Chrys

michaeljapp
2nd June 2018, 04:17 PM
Looks stunning, I'm sure we will see you at some of the meets throughout the year.

Evo4Jon
4th June 2018, 08:55 AM
Beautiful car that !.... They are going up in value now too. At Tatton a guy with a similar car was offered £10,000 by a dealer who wanted a duo-tone example with low mileage for himself - as Michael japp can testify to as he was with us at the time ! They are a truely usable and cool classic !

jeh14586
12th June 2018, 10:21 PM
Thanks Guys for your comments - I am in the process of tidying her up and then will be out and about. Not sure when the Hatfield Heath meet is on but will definately attend if I am able

Jane