PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 4AGE, Red, T-BAR, 6-speed Manual (Woodsport), 12 months MOT, (ebay: 302712816036)

sTuArT
22nd April 2018, 12:35 PM
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302712816036 or type 302712816036 into the eBay search bar

Having owned this gem of a car for over a decade has made selling an extremely tough decision, but it makes sense due to my current circumstances.

Hopefully it will give somebody as much pleasure as it has given me.

Have I pitched it at the right price?
Could the advert be improved?
Do you know anybody who may be interested in buying?

Your comments and feedback would be much appreciated :-)

cchrysos
22nd April 2018, 05:04 PM
That’s a shame Stuart. I hope all works out well with the sale and I hope the reason for sale is a good one.

Cheers

Chrys

sTuArT
22nd April 2018, 07:43 PM
Hi Chrys,

There are a few reasons for the sale, work, garage space etc. but I wouldn't rule out getting another some day maybe a supercharger Japanese import. I volunteer to drive your MR2 to the Hatfield Heath Festival in June :-)

chasmundo
22nd April 2018, 10:10 PM
Omg...I can't believe it

It's a real shame your selling up. I hope you get the asking price as it's in fantastic condition.

sTuArT
23rd April 2018, 10:36 PM
Thanks mate

After 2 days on eBay it's had 353 views and has 28 watchers

sTuArT
1st May 2018, 06:34 PM
Been on eBay just over a week now and somebody test drove the car last Wednesday who seemed to fall in love with it but decided not to buy due to the polyurethane bushes producing a relatively firm ride. I guess it's a trade off between incredible handling vs comfort over speed bumps?

chasmundo
1st May 2018, 07:22 PM
Maybe you could take Some money off for him to change it back to comfort setting ?

sTuArT
1st May 2018, 07:37 PM
Where do you get original or soft bushes?

chasmundo
1st May 2018, 08:43 PM
Not sure...but sometime a little discount is enough to sway the deal. The new owner can then research his options at their leisure.

jimi
2nd May 2018, 01:48 AM
I guess it's a trade off between incredible handling vs comfort over speed bumps?
Personally I've always thought that standard bushes ( in good condition) give incredible handling and comfort. It's's not just on speed bumps, you notice a difference, it's any less than perfectly smooth road ( which round my way is every road !)

superwhite90
2nd May 2018, 10:59 AM
Who wants to drive our cars with comfort in mind? Our cars are meant for twisty B-road fun! The pot holes and the general road surface condition are more of the problem.

If they want comfort, tell em to go and buy a Jag and to stop wasting your time :P

It's a beaut mate- good luck with the sale!

sTuArT
8th May 2018, 10:57 PM
Emotional time for me on Saturday when the car I've owned for over a decade was sold and driven away by the lucky new owner.
He owned a MK1 years ago and was looking to get another one. He and his dad checked it over thoroughly, even used mirrors to check the sills and the chassis which were all in good shape.

jimi
9th May 2018, 02:54 AM
Who wants to drive our cars with comfort in mind? Our cars are meant for twisty B-road fun! The pot holes and the general road surface condition are more of the problem

Toyota spent a lot of time, effort and money designing the suspension with the above in mind, including comfort ! Good handling and fun to drive doesn't need to equal discomfort!!!

chasmundo
9th May 2018, 06:26 AM
Emotional time for me on Saturday when the car I've owned for over a decade was sold and driven away by the lucky new owner.
He owned a MK1 years ago and was looking to get another one. He and his dad checked it over thoroughly, even used mirrors to check the sills and the chassis which were all in good shape.

Well done Stuart !