PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fibre Intake

superwhite90
19th January 2018, 11:07 AM
Hi all,

I was looking at getting myself one of these

https://vsaero.com/vsaero-carbon-kevlar-supercharged-side-duct-scoop-gt-toyota-mr2-aw11-1985-1989-100290.html

Is anyone else interested if I ask the question to the supplier?

Cheers

Boondougal
19th January 2018, 02:25 PM
Interesting item.... If i was that desperate to get the carbon fibre look though I think I would just get one dipped.

jed
19th January 2018, 08:36 PM
Worth a look
Ace Car Vinyl Wrapping
acewrapping.co.uk
Interior and exterior / anything with price guide

jimi
19th January 2018, 10:58 PM
$300 and the weave doesn't even line up :thumbdown:

tommundy
20th January 2018, 09:08 AM
$300 and the weave doesn't even line up [emoji107]Yeh, pricey! And the colour is weird too.

Boondougal
20th January 2018, 02:53 PM
I think its easy to knock it but if no one else is doing them and you want one then surely its not a bad option.. and if you like your car to have something unique about it (and it be the real thing as opposed to a fake (e.g dip or wrap) then I guess why not.

I'm sure its not for many.. but either is some of the stuff I have done with my car.

superwhite90
20th January 2018, 09:20 PM
Take that as a no then.

I'd rather have the real thing than some knock of dipped fake CF

Boondougal
20th January 2018, 10:15 PM
Take that as a no then.

I'd rather have the real thing than some knock of dipped fake CF

Lol... somehow I knew you would say that!

superwhite90
21st January 2018, 09:54 PM
I just thought i'd ask the question because some people buy things for their cars which make them stand out...I shall not bother if all it is going to get is criticism.

There is quite a lot of CF parts being made in the US at the moment for the AW11, obviously the demand over there is greater than here.

There is a company who are replicating the C-Pillar plastic trims too...but that'll be too pricey.

Boondougal
21st January 2018, 10:57 PM
No criticism from me... just knew you would want the real thing. I’ve seen those c pillar trims. The US guys seem to really go for them which I can see why.

Fingers crossed you get sorted, will definitely help your car stand apart.