PDA

View Full Version : New member, Brad

Brad
10th December 2017, 07:31 PM
Hi all,

I haven't actually got an MR2 yet but I've got my eye on a few and will start making some offers. I own another classic and seem to have caught the bug and I've wanted an MR2 for years. Why not eh? (wait don't answer that)

Cheers,

Brad

jimi
10th December 2017, 09:30 PM
Welcome to the club, good luck with your search :+:

Boondougal
10th December 2017, 11:00 PM
Good luck with your search... needless to say if you haven't already read up on some of the brilliant buying guides.

Gilles27
11th December 2017, 10:22 AM
Good luck Brad! Any idea what in particular you're looking for?

Martin42006
11th December 2017, 05:29 PM
Welcome to the club, best of luck with the hunt.

sTuArT
11th December 2017, 06:11 PM
Welcome Brad,

Mk1 a or b?
Hardtop, sunroof or tbar?
N/a or S/C?
Red, white, blue or other?

Brad
12th December 2017, 10:13 AM
Hi guys. Looking for a red mk1B, would consider an A but they tend to be a bit more expensive. Red is my favourite colour on these but a light metallic blue would be nice also.

As I'm 21 it would have to be a N/A 4A-GE as my insurance would be through the roof with a supercharged import.

I'm not too fussed about the roof. I'd take a T top of a removable sunroof as long as they don't leak.

Anyone know any good insurers for these for my age? ☺

Martin42006
12th December 2017, 12:16 PM
Im 21 aswell and having my MK1 on classic i got the best deal from adrian flux but had to knock them down quite a bit.
Not sure how much the insurance woud go up for the SC as my daily is a 2.0 MK2 and isnt much different insurance cost wise to the mk1 when i was running it as daily. Problem with a SC is finding a decent one for a reasonable price.
I would say if you find a nice 1a then go for that as they are a bit more uncommon than 1b's

Brad
12th December 2017, 12:23 PM
Thanks mate. I'll get a few quotes, see what happens. I've got an old Triumph too so I might be able to get multicar classic. Currently making offers for a red B sunroof model. If I can knock him down I think I'll have it.

Gilles27
12th December 2017, 12:28 PM
Nowt wrong with a red B! Red is the fastest colour!

Brad
12th December 2017, 06:57 PM
Well, got a deposit down on a red mk1B. It has 84000 miles, black interior, cloth seats, sunroof. The bodywork looks good with no rust. Slight brown coming through the paint on the underside of the floor so that'll be getting cleaned up and undercoated. Valve cover needs repainting. Will probably go for a red wrinkle finish as it looks awesome.

Looking forward to picking it up. Got plenty of time to think up a name ��

Brad
13th December 2017, 08:53 AM
Oops sent the same thing twice. I'm not used to this forum yet haha

tommundy
13th December 2017, 08:54 AM
Welcome to the forums!

Great news on putting a deposit down! Do you have to travel far for it?

Looking forward to hearing more. :) :+:

Brad
13th December 2017, 12:42 PM
Not too far. Any ideas on good basic modifications? I'm thinking 'Jimi throttle bracket' to declutter the engine bay, some mk3 wheels and a short throw shifter. Nothing too crazy as I don't want a rice box but subtle things.

Martin42006
13th December 2017, 12:59 PM
Congrats on the deposit, looking forward to some pics.

Brad
13th December 2017, 03:00 PM
Not too far. Any ideas on good basic modifications? I'm thinking 'Jimi throttle bracket' to declutter the engine bay, some mk3 wheels and a short throw shifter. Nothing too crazy as I don't want a rice box but subtle things.

sTuArT
13th December 2017, 05:43 PM
I agree :-)

jimi
13th December 2017, 07:11 PM
First - Recommended (for the obvious reason ;) ) just don't buy it from ebay !
Second - Recommended I've had them fitted for years and still like them :cool: also being 15" they increase your tyre choice
Third - Can't comment as I don't have one (never felt the need)

Brad
13th December 2017, 08:09 PM
Ah so you're Jimi! You still making them? I'd love to buy one from you if possible. I read the page on how it came about, good idea.

jimi
14th December 2017, 01:23 AM
Yes indeed I am that Jimi :D and still making the brackets. I've sent you a PM :cool:

michaeljapp
15th December 2017, 08:48 PM
Welcome to the forums, I hope you enjoy the Mr2.