PDA

View Full Version : New member and owner

ZeeSpeed
22nd November 2017, 12:02 AM
Good evening everybody I am Zee. I have been a long time lurker on the forums and have finally managed to get myself my first AW11. It is a MK1a in Sherwood Toning.

I have always loved Toyota's and the AW11 was one of my favourites when I was growing up. When my father purchased a brand new Corolla back in 1986, I still remember the red MR2 in the brochure. I have owned a fair few Toyota's in my time from TA40's, AE86, AE92 and finally I have my first MR2.

Boondougal
22nd November 2017, 07:44 AM
Great stuff and welcome. Obviously... pictures are mandatory!

tommundy
22nd November 2017, 09:23 AM
Welcome to the forums Zee! :+:

Sounds like you've had a cool Japanese car history.

I do like a Mk1a and the Sherwoods are rarer still. Looking forward to seeing some photos. (there may be a slight delay in approving any posts with photos in as you're a new member, but I'll do my best to keep an eye on any new ones coming through :)).

I'm actually down near Luton with work tomorrow; small world.

Cheers,
Tom

ZeeSpeed
22nd November 2017, 09:09 PM
Welcome to the forums Zee! :+:

Sounds like you've had a cool Japanese car history.

I do like a Mk1a and the Sherwoods are rarer still. Looking forward to seeing some photos. (there may be a slight delay in approving any posts with photos in as you're a new member, but I'll do my best to keep an eye on any new ones coming through :)).

I'm actually down near Luton with work tomorrow; small world.

Cheers,
TomWhy don't you pop round and give it the once over?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

tommundy
22nd November 2017, 09:30 PM
Why don't you pop round and give it the once over?

Sent from my SM-G935F using TapatalkI had already thought about it before writing my previous post, but I've got trains booked and am not sure how long my meeting will last unfortunately.

I'll be posting up about the Silverstone Classic 2018 shortly, which is in your neck of the woods and a cracking event!

Cheers,
Tom

chasmundo
26th November 2017, 12:34 PM
Welcome to the club and looking forward to some pictures of your 1a.