PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: Another AW11 🤗

jumpman33
21st October 2017, 07:03 PM
Thought i start a new thread as the last got a bit messy with me continually adding one’s I’d consider!(Admin feel free to delete my other wanted thread).

So what is wanted?? There a long list of possibilities! Here goes.

Overall I’m looking for a sunroof or Tin Top. Pretty set on not a Tbar unless it ticked a lot of other wants.

Colours: Red, White, Silver, Mica Blue, Grey, Black, no longer too fussed on colour as you can see, AW11’s always look good ha!

Engine:No engine, stock, 20v silver or black, V6, 4AGZE.

Condition: The less rust the better! May go straight to a Black top so engine condition may not be overly an issue if the price is right!

Mods: As long as performance related anything goes.

Dream Scenario: My next AW11 will be a long term members car that has been looked after. Someone that loves the mk1’s and is happy to chat about their car! So many advertised at the mo are owned by very grumpy or rude people or lovely people from Bradford 🙈

Dream car:Tin top/Sunroof, Black top 20V.

Gutted i saw my Silver one for sale after Myles had taken a deposit 😭

Give me a shout if anything remotely resembles my wish list! I just want to build my dream AW11, is that too much to ask?? Haha

Hope everyone is well.

Aaron

AW11craig
23rd October 2017, 08:59 AM
This pretty much sums up my search! I thought it was a thread by me at first. Although I'd be happy with a rolling shell or even a bare shell! Not a fan of tbars myself. I got T-boned in my aw11 6 months ago and haven't been able to replace it since. Good luck on your search bud [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

jumpman33
23rd October 2017, 06:50 PM
This pretty much sums up my search! I thought it was a thread by me at first. Although I'd be happy with a rolling shell or even a bare shell! Not a fan of tbars myself. I got T-boned in my aw11 6 months ago and haven't been able to replace it since. Good luck on your search bud [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that bud! I’ve been written off twice now, it’s a horrible experience.

I’ve got a couple of extremely interesting propositions in the fire currently but will keep things under wraps for now :)

jumpman33
6th November 2017, 05:06 PM
Anyone? ��

superwhite90
6th November 2017, 05:25 PM
My supercharger conversion will be for sale next October if that helps ;)

jumpman33
7th November 2017, 02:38 AM
My supercharger conversion will be for sale next October if that helps ;)

At this rate probably will help haha

Quite a few dead ends so far, lots of time wasters out there, come across lots of sellers that are a waste of time which has been a first. Finding a decent AW11, at a actual sensible/realistic price is pretty much appearing impossible!

Gilles27
7th November 2017, 08:43 AM
I think that this one is still for sale: http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread.php?16647-1989-helios-blue-mk1b-for-sale-in-beautiful-condition/page2

jumpman33
7th November 2017, 03:16 PM
I think that this one is still for sale: http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread.php?16647-1989-helios-blue-mk1b-for-sale-in-beautiful-condition/page2

Could you PM me Max’s number please and thank you.

Gilles27
7th November 2017, 03:37 PM
Could you PM me Max’s number please and thank you.

Done. I found him to be a great guy, and he certainly knows cars. Here's some of his work: https://www.facebook.com/Edwardsvintageauto/?timeline_context_item_type=intro_card_work&timeline_context_item_source=1411489488

jumpman33
8th November 2017, 03:06 PM
Done. I found him to be a great guy, and he certainly knows cars. Here's some of his work: https://www.facebook.com/Edwardsvintageauto/?timeline_context_item_type=intro_card_work&timeline_context_item_source=1411489488

Sold a wee while ago unfortunately.

Gilles27
8th November 2017, 05:45 PM
Sold a wee while ago unfortunately.

That's a shame. Hopefully the new owner will join the club. Good luck with your quest!

MelR2Mk1
27th November 2017, 06:10 AM
Hiya

Seriously considering selling my car, only drove her ONCE in 2017 and cash is getting tight. I don't know what 'sensible price' is any more. The car has been in the club for years, though I only bought it 2 years ago. Before me it was owned and loved by Ursula of Upper Thames. I imagine Peter Scatchard knows lots about it! Ursula had it rebuilt and resprayed just before I bought it. Is completely standard (with original number plate, which is very deep and EVERYONE says to remove!) G-reg Helios sunroof, cant remember mileage but it was half what my old one had done (140K+)

I guess if you are wanting to change engines then this may not be the one as we should be keeping SOME standard surely? She was at NEC in 2015 and next to two highly modded MR2s - suffice to say she got ALL the attention!!! Lots of punters want cars THEY could own, not some mashup...

Anyway, if remotely of interest let me know

Mel (Gloucester)

jumpman33
13th February 2018, 06:31 PM
Still looking ��

I’m getting less picky but definitely still only a sun roof model, but colours? Not so much, still ideally silver, but white or Mica Blue would be fine with me, to be fair most colours would be if it was the right car and owner.

Aaron

MelR2Mk1
13th February 2018, 06:41 PM
But no interest in mine? (Sunroof Helios standard club member for 13 years)?

cchrysos
13th February 2018, 06:44 PM
Still looking ��

I’m getting less picky but definitely still only a sun roof model, but colours? Not so much, still ideally silver, but white or Mica Blue would be fine with me, to be fair most colours would be if it was the right car and owner.

Aaron

Hi Aaron.
My super rare 8B8 will be up for sale in the summer.
about 80k original miles, brand new front wings, sills etc. It is in at the moment having the top sprayed to complete the respray.
I also have LOADS of spares / upgrades that i will not get around to fitting such as :
brand new APEX lowered springs.
2nd hand adjustable shocks complete with all suspension and hubs attached still.
A BRAND NEW front bumper bar
BRAND NEW super rare MK1a front valances. the ones on the car are perfect anyway but i couldn't resist these.
A spare set of rare MK1a 8B8 front seats.
A super rare original MR2 roof rack.
A BRAND NEW boxed, never used second MR2 roof rack with all accessories.
BRAND NEW discs and EBC brake pads all round (unfitted)
A set of excellent condition MK1a wheels with hardly used Yokohama tyres as well as the 15" 5 spokes fitted to the car.
Lots of chrome engine parts.
Refurbed Cam covers (not yet fitted)
The car is fitted with a Magnex SS exhaust and super rare OBX stainless steel 4 branch manifold.
A T-bar front strut brace.
Spare driveshafts.
and more that i cant remember.

You can find my car in the following thread but it has not been updated for a while.
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread.php?15837-At-last-I-ve-only-gone-and-bloody-got-one-)&highlight=bloody

Also worth noting that it is believed to be the earliest MK1 in the country - not by registration date but by chassis number / build date. i believe it was built in October 1984! It is NOT an import.

If you are willing to wait until the summer or have not found anything by then, we can start to talk about a price if you are interested.

good luck with your search.

I'm located near Stansted airport so not too far away.

Chrys

jumpman33
13th February 2018, 07:59 PM
But no interest in mine? (Sunroof Helios standard club member for 13 years)?

Did you not receive my email response Mel?

jumpman33
13th February 2018, 08:07 PM
Hi Aaron.
My super rare 8B8 will be up for sale in the summer.
about 80k original miles, brand new front wings, sills etc. It is in at the moment having the top sprayed to complete the respray.
I also have LOADS of spares / upgrades that i will not get around to fitting such as :
brand new APEX lowered springs.
2nd hand adjustable shocks complete with all suspension and hubs attached still.
A BRAND NEW front bumper bar
BRAND NEW super rare MK1a front valances. the ones on the car are perfect anyway but i couldn't resist these.
A spare set of rare MK1a 8B8 front seats.
A super rare original MR2 roof rack.
A BRAND NEW boxed, never used second MR2 roof rack with all accessories.
BRAND NEW discs and EBC brake pads all round (unfitted)
A set of excellent condition MK1a wheels with hardly used Yokohama tyres as well as the 15" 5 spokes fitted to the car.
Lots of chrome engine parts.
Refurbed Cam covers (not yet fitted)
The car is fitted with a Magnex SS exhaust and super rare OBX stainless steel 4 branch manifold.
A T-bar front strut brace.
Spare driveshafts.
and more that i cant remember.

You can find my car in the following thread but it has not been updated for a while.
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread.php?15837-At-last-I-ve-only-gone-and-bloody-got-one-)&highlight=bloody

Also worth noting that it is believed to be the earliest MK1 in the country - not by registration date but by chassis number / build date. i believe it was built in October 1984! It is NOT an import.

If you are willing to wait until the summer or have not found anything by then, we can start to talk about a price if you are interested.

good luck with your search.

I'm located near Stansted airport so not too far away.

Chrys

Tried to PM you Chrys, but your box is full.

cchrysos
13th February 2018, 11:19 PM
Sorry. It’s cleared now.
Cheers

Keswick792
2nd March 2018, 07:28 PM
I'll also be looking for a really top totally standard MR2 in the coming weeks. I have a couple of good options I'm looking at but thought I'd mention it just in case others are about to come out of the woodwork. Jumpman I know of a very modified one that'll be up for sale by a club member if that's of interest but it's a T bar.

jimi
2nd March 2018, 10:55 PM
Not quite standard, but cheap, if it's still for sale. http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/ads/all-ads/ad/mr2-mk1-cars-for-sale,4/toyota-mr2-mk1,1391.html

autobody
11th March 2018, 08:30 AM
Not quite standard, but cheap, if it's still for sale. http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/ads/all-ads/ad/mr2-mk1-cars-for-sale,4/toyota-mr2-mk1,1391.html

I liked the sound of this car, and was on eBay a week or 2 ago. And I won it for 550ish (very good price) But was unable to get the seller to let me view and pay for the car. I suspect he had been offered more for it hence refusing to provide dates for collection.

Would be good to see the car saved.

jumpman33
25th March 2018, 07:23 PM
As part of my ongoing hunt for another AW11 I went and viewed a Black MK1a today in Grantham, lovely chap called Andrew. It was a project at £500 but he had a couple steering wheels for sale too so I thought can’t really lose out viewing it. I’ve never considered a project before, mainly because the costly stuff, welding and paint, would be a garage job.
The car was severely tempting, from what i could tell with my untrained eye it was salvageable, rust wise, but adding the cost of that to a respray and full recommissioning after 5 years off the road made it unrealistic for me due to the bulk getting done at a garage. If you can do it yourself then, win. I did considering buying it for parts, bumper bar seemed really good, lovely black leather interior and a magnex exhaust, couldn’t really lose on it either way. Would be sad for it not to be saved though so decided against that. Sadly it’s also a cat c, front end damage, repaired to a seemingly decent standard, I know cat C’s on these can be for minor stuff, especially 16 years ago when it happened, but when considering the next MR2 will be my forever one, little things like that make a difference to me.

Alas it wasn’t to be, not all is lost, there are a couple really good potentials in the pipeline, another factor making me even more picky knowing what others I could potentially own instead :)

Have a pic of the two steering wheels, both on mk1 hubs.

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2018/03/914FF7A3EC2044A3B9A42D5FA935B64E_zpsvimq-1.jpg (http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/jumpman1986/media/914FF7A3-EC20-44A3-B9A4-2D5FA935B64E_zpsvimq42uw.jpg.html)

P.s the car is on gumtree currently, he has had a fair bit of interest already, sounded like most of that was sadly from breakers and I imagine it’s probably sold now.

L0rdMike
1st April 2018, 03:42 PM
Looking for a nice blue t bar but all I can find is white at the moment.

Had one 13 years ago and want another.

jumpman33
1st April 2018, 08:19 PM
Looking for a nice blue t bar but all I can find is white at the moment.

Had one 13 years ago and want another.

Can people not do their own wanted thread? :rolleyes: :D

AW11mike
2nd April 2018, 01:11 PM
Hi Aaron, I did say I would let you know regarding the supercharger. We didn’t get a chance to get down to finish it over winter. Sorry to let you down mate.

jumpman33
2nd April 2018, 05:19 PM
Hi Aaron, I did say I would let you know regarding the supercharger. We didn’t get a chance to get down to finish it over winter. Sorry to let you down mate.

That’s alright buddy! That’s what happens when you buy a zed haha

AW11mike
2nd April 2018, 06:23 PM
Lol, don’t miss how fragile the AW11 was as much as an awesome car it is!, keeping it alive!. No going back for me! https://flic.kr/p/HyNeeG

jumpman33
2nd April 2018, 11:21 PM
Lol, don’t miss how fragile the AW11 was as much as an awesome car it is!, keeping it alive!. No going back for me! https://flic.kr/p/HyNeeG

That is a good looking Zed! You’re the third person to say that about the mk1’s recently.......