PDA

View Full Version : Heater cooling pipes needed urgently

MR2MK1
12th July 2017, 11:45 AM
Hi anyone have a pair of the long metal radiator pipes the ones that run from back to front of car.
My daughter is getting married soon and wants me to take her in the 2 but have just developed a leak in one of the pipes.hence the urgency lol
Would really appreciate it if someone could help .I am in N Ireland which makes it that bit more difficult as i cant jump in the car and get them so will need them shipped
Regards
Colin
LAO Ireland

email cmiskimmin@talktalk.net

coverco
12th July 2017, 12:35 PM
Are you sure the pipe is leaking Colin and not just the jubilee clips? It is quite common for the original Toyota clips to allow water to pass and many people have posted about it before. If it is the pipes just cut out the bad bit and replace with copper pipes and rubber pipes, you do not see the pipes and all you need is a waterproof seal.
Good luck with the wedding :D

For info
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread.php?7774-cheak-your-coolent-pipes&highlight=Heater+pipes

MR2MK1
12th July 2017, 01:17 PM
Are you sure the pipe is leaking Colin and not just the jubilee clips? It is quite common for the original Toyota clips to allow water to pass and many people have posted about it before. If it is the pipes just cut out the bad bit and replace with copper pipes and rubber pipes, you do not see the pipes and all you need is a waterproof seal.
Good luck with the wedding :D

For info
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread.php?7774-cheak-your-coolent-pipes&highlight=Heater+pipes

Cheers for info i will get on it hopefully at the weekend need to get covers of to be sure :+:

cchrysos
12th July 2017, 04:56 PM
I repaired mine by cutting off the bad end and replacing with copper flexi pipes. It works perfectly. I will replace them all one day but for now it is great. Good luck.

MR2MK1
12th July 2017, 08:34 PM
cheers
Have sourced a pair from Paul Sims so will probally replace them and if the old ones are repairable i will keep them for spares
Thanks again

coverco
12th July 2017, 09:02 PM
You do know it is a real pig of a job to totally replace the pipes Colin and even good secondhand pipes will be over 30 years old!
Most people go for the bodge option :D

midweekbeatle
13th July 2017, 05:55 PM
I may be able to help with pipes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk