PDA

View Full Version : D263FDG silver sunroof for sale. No offers. Asking £1500. Includes spares.

paulmannion
23rd May 2017, 09:44 PM
Too many time wasters and I want to find a new home for it.

Just a good honest Mk1b in silver with 132,000 miles and an MOT until April 2018.

It's had the rear arches welded with new metal, interior looks great (including new floor mats) everything works (all switches, electrics and nobs and buttons), thatcham approved alarm immobiliser, cd player, K&N induction, Magencor HT leads, stainless steel exhaust which sounds great without being obnoxious or antisocial, drives brilliantly and the engine is great. It's got the complete tool kit. Two keys. Spare wheel. No damage to door cards or tears in the seats. Tyres were new last year and have done less than 1,000 miles (including new spare). It's not perfect but it's 30-years-old. Folder full of history.

Spares include new fuel filter, full poly bush kit, gearbox and other assorted bits and pieces.

Selling due to house move and no longer have a garage.

Car is near Chester off the M56 and M53. Call 07973506464 or email pmannion85@gmail.com or DM and comment.

jumpman33
27th May 2017, 10:20 AM
That seems blooming cheap, i'd have had this if not just spent the equivalent sum upgrading my C30 T5!

paulmannion
28th May 2017, 05:00 PM
Not by choice. Sadly I haven't got space for storage after losing my garage so I need to move it on. I have been told it is very cheap, especially as it's rust free.

paulmannion
2nd June 2017, 06:22 PM
I will sell the car this weekend for £1,000. This is a car with an mot until april 2018. I've owned it for seven years.

Rigby
2nd June 2017, 08:42 PM
I'm so shocked that this hasn't sold.

If I had the space I would take it just for the parts.

I think my Mrs would finally pack up and leave if I was to bring home another car.

gonae86
2nd June 2017, 10:12 PM
Shame it is so far :(

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Gilles27
3rd June 2017, 10:25 AM
Hi Paul. Just given your number to a lady called Jill who was lopoint at the cars at Tatton.

paulmannion
3rd June 2017, 11:43 AM
Ah brill thank you! I am going to try and get over to the show tmrw too.

Gilles27
3rd June 2017, 12:27 PM
Ah brill thank you! I am going to try and get over to the show tmrw too.

Bring your car. Bet we can get it sold for you!

ayresyboy
3rd June 2017, 12:36 PM
I'm so tempted to get this. I'm mk1-less at the mo. Are you around tomorrow? Do you think it would be up to a 220 mile journey? Andy

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

paulmannion
12th June 2017, 12:11 PM
Car sold.

Boondougal
12th June 2017, 03:10 PM
Glad you got it shifted.. I do think I will regret not getting this one....but then as they say, timing is everything.

Gilles27
13th June 2017, 08:21 AM
Was it sold to anyone on here? It's a real shame you had to get rid. Hope it went to a good home.

paulmannion
13th June 2017, 10:00 AM
Yeh I believe so Anthony. Bill and Michael who were at Tatton with you? I was happy it's gone to an enthusiast and someone who knows the car. I had so many time wasters asking me stupid questions.

Monkeymax
13th June 2017, 10:29 AM
I'm amazed you had time-wasters at that price to be honest. A real shame really! I know how difficult it is though; I too moved from a place with a garage to a place without in a different city (and even just with 1 parking spot when I have a diesel commuter box as well as the MR2) and sometimes I really consider selling up as it's a huge pain. I feel for you. Glad it's gone to a club member though!

Gilles27
13th June 2017, 10:43 AM
Yeh I believe so Anthony. Bill and Michael who were at Tatton with you? I was happy it's gone to an enthusiast and someone who knows the car. I had so many time wasters asking me stupid questions.

Oh, at least that's a bit of good news! I found selling mine very frustrating as I got some ridiculous offers and I was about to give up on selling it when someone responded to my GumTree ad and turned up with the money I wanted. It's especially hard to get a decent price if you want to sell relatively quickly. Looking at Tom's chart the numbers of these is falling very quickly, so maybe one day we'll get to really see prices go up as demand out-strips supply.

paulmannion
13th June 2017, 01:07 PM
I hope you're right Anthony but I was amazed. I was confident I would get £2k at least, that's how I persuaded the Mrs to let me keep it as long as I did!

My general takeaways are that people like the car but they want it for the same price they paid 10 years ago (which ironically I pretty much sold mine for), they want the paint to be perfect and no rust over the mechanics being in good order or the interior being clean, and the oddest thing I found was people making offers without seeing it! I got countless £500 and I'll take it today..."

One guy came from London with his mate in a Mk1 Mx5 and was stood there saying "do you want that for £1,500 or you could get mine for £1,500"... I had to bite my tongue. Like comparing apples and pears.

Gilles27
13th June 2017, 03:17 PM
I had a guy drive up from London to see mine. We went for a test drive and he seemed impressed. I offered to let him drive and he wasn't keen as he 'didn't like cars without power steering'! I didn't hear from him again!