PDA

View Full Version : 1989 White Mk1b For Sale

Daryl B
8th May 2017, 07:26 PM
Hi Folks,

The time has come to sell my MK1, reason being, I've crossed over to the dark side and taken delivery of a MK2 Turbo.

I'll have had the MK1 for 3 years in August, I bought it from a friend of mine who'd had it for 20 years. It was MOT'd last week, so has just over 12 months MOT on it, It's recently had a new master and slave cylinder (Jan'17), I haven't done anything to the car since I bought it, except for fitting a performance air filter, the previous owner fitted a s/s Mongoose exhaust, which makes a nice noise without being stupid, other than that, the car is standard.

Bodywork wise, the car is a little tatty and could do with some TLC, two of the arches need repairing and the drivers side front wing needs replacing (a very good one included in the sale), the front crash/bumper bar needs replacing at some point (again, a very good one included in the sale) and the plastic front grille needs replacing (one included in the sale), any other bits of rust are mainly surface rust. The wheels are standard, but need refurbing or replacing. The interior is pretty good except for the seats being tired, worn in places and a couple of rips, the passenger side window is slow to open and close (there's a complete door with window, mechanism and door mirror included in the sale). Other than that, it's a solid car that I use every day, and has been totally reliable for the duration of my ownership.

I bought it as a fun daily driver, never intended to restore, or do anything to it, however,it has been looked after whist I've had it, It's an ideal car for someone to use and restore/improve/modify as they go along, or just run as it is. There are a few other spares included such as: Bonnet, spoiler, boot lid, a couple of standard wheels with tyres and a box of misc bits.

I would advise anyone interested to have a look, I'll show you around the car and give you an honest appraisal of the work that I think needs doing.

I'm looking for £1500, the car can be viewed in either Bolton or Freckleton (near Preston).

PM me if you're interested, and we can arrange a viewing.

Thanks, Daryl.

Daryl B
8th May 2017, 07:27 PM
Sorry the pics are at the wrong angle - no idea how that happened :-)

Jeremy
8th May 2017, 07:43 PM
Pm'd you buddy

mlhs
8th May 2017, 07:51 PM
Sent pm ����

Jeremy
8th May 2017, 08:42 PM
Replied mate cheers

Daryl B
10th May 2017, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the PMs - Deposit taken!!