PDA

View Full Version : My old 1.5

jumpman33
4th April 2017, 09:53 PM
My old 1.5, I'd love it back, just couldn't justify the new price tag. Plus want to fulfill my black top desire.

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=192293

gonae86
5th April 2017, 08:35 PM
That is a price tag there!!! I have a blacktop and want a 1.5 [emoji14]

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

jumpman33
6th April 2017, 01:20 PM
That is a price tag there!!! I have a blacktop and want a 1.5 [emoji14]

I want your blacktop haha :)

I sold it to him for £4K, he's done a wee bit to the car since, but I couldn't justify the extra £2.5k. I know AW11 have risen in price over the last couple years but perhaps that applies mainly to stock cars?

superwhite90
6th April 2017, 01:49 PM
Think he's taking the pi$$ a bit to be honest.

tommundy
6th April 2017, 02:03 PM
Even owning a Mk1.5 myself and liking the idea of good ones being worth £6-7k, I think that it should sit around £4-5k. Mk1.5's aren't for everyone and they do cost more to run and insure than a standard Mk1, but he may find a buyer at or near that price if the right one comes along.

jumpman33
6th April 2017, 03:13 PM
Even owning a Mk1.5 myself and liking the idea of good ones being worth £6-7k, I think that it should sit around £4-5k. Mk1.5's aren't for everyone and they do cost more to run and insure than a standard Mk1, but he may find a buyer at or near that price if the right one comes along.

This is what i thought re the price.

I'd say £4.5k would be a fair price, unfortunately I don't think with it be modded as it has that it can reap the same benefits of increasing mk1 prices. I'm assuming the price he has decided is based on wanting to recoup some of the dosh he has ploughed in, but we all know unfortunately it doesn't work like that.

tommundy
7th April 2017, 09:52 AM
I'm assuming the price he has decided is based on wanting to recoup some of the dosh he has ploughed in, but we all know unfortunately it doesn't work like that.
If only! :lol:

chasmundo
7th April 2017, 01:56 PM
would you buy it back for £4.5k ?
or are you sticking to a black top ? what ever that is ??

superwhite90
7th April 2017, 05:38 PM
Blacktop is the 20v 4AGE.

I am still shocked that many people (no offence) haven't heard of the other 4AGE derivatives that are available.

Guys on twobrutal hadn't heard of the small port!

jumpman33
7th April 2017, 05:48 PM
would you buy it back for £4.5k ?
or are you sticking to a black top ? what ever that is ??

Nah I wouldn't to be fair, I myself prefer NA power, so would love to go with a blacktop conversion. Personally I think it'll make for my perfect mk1 :)

It is or was a lovely car whilst I had it mind, if anyone is contemplating it, though that opinion is based on 2 years ago.

jimi
7th April 2017, 06:18 PM
Guys on twobrutal hadn't heard of the small port!

That should read "some Guys on twobrutal hadn't heard of the small port" out of 4 peeps on your post one is a MK2 guy (so not surprising), one has a small port fitted to his MK1 and I've been well aware of the small port for many years ;)

chasmundo
7th April 2017, 06:56 PM
wow - learn something new everday !
i didnt know about a 20v version, which is factory standard.

Can you actually notice the difference between the std N/A and a blacktop ?
Are they easy to source and fit ?
is it only the engine that is different and all other bits wire up and connect up exactly the same ?
As reliable as the std n/a ?

Time for some more research... :confused:

gonae86
7th April 2017, 07:14 PM
How can you own a 4age and not be aware of all its versions?
http://www.billzilla.org/4agstock.htm

The blacktop has about 40bhp more and runs on 4 throttle bodies, 20v and VVT on the intake camshaft.

Coupled with a short ratio 6 speed box like in my mk1b it makes a lot of difference....
The mk1 with the black top and 6 speed short box goes side by side with a stripped out and mapped clio sport 182...

Having said that I also own a 2zz-ge with the same gearbox on a mk3 and that is another step above

chasmundo
7th April 2017, 07:19 PM
Embarrassing I know.
I thought it was only supercharger and n/a std.

And thought all other versions .. v6, turbo, blacktop were mods.

I have been schooled

gonae86
7th April 2017, 07:20 PM
:) sorry if my post sounded aggressive, now after reading it might be interpreted that way, it wasn't my intention

chasmundo
7th April 2017, 07:21 PM
No it's fine. All good here