PDA

View Full Version : Seat Runners Wanted

phaeton
6th March 2017, 01:07 PM
Would like to do a trackday in the MK1 but I can't fit in with a helmet on, there's not enough headroom. I'm after a set of runners to see if can modify & fit a seat lower in the car.

gonae86
7th March 2017, 02:12 PM
I had the same problem.
I solved buy getting an Elise seat...
That seat fits between the rails and allows extra head room.
Ask any of the mk1 breakers for the runners and try and look for Elise seats on ebay

phaeton
7th March 2017, 02:39 PM
Funnily enough I have Elise seats in the buggy, but they are an arm & a leg these days.

Been offered a set of runners by Paul Cheshire breakers on Fleecebay but he's wanting £45 for them, just thought somebody might have an old set of seats laying around. I gave away my last set of leather ones, typical isn't it

Deadly_smell
8th March 2017, 02:17 PM
I have an old set of cloth seats sitting in my shed. These came out after I fitted Mk2 MX5 seats which are cheap, not to difficult to fit (just needs a couple of brackets made) and will give a good improvement in head room and seat travel.

phaeton
8th March 2017, 02:40 PM
I have an old set of cloth seats sitting in my shed. These came out after I fitted Mk2 MX5 seats which are cheap, not to difficult to fit (just needs a couple of brackets made) and will give a good improvement in head room and seat travel.Didn't try to modify the bases & put bucket seats in, the MX5 ones are lower?

phaeton
8th March 2017, 02:49 PM
Just picked up a cheap set of MX5 seats from Fleecebay Thanks everyone