PDA

View Full Version : 1 owner car & 52 Service Stamps

chasmundo
7th February 2017, 11:15 PM
This is got to be a rare sight...1 owner car and 52 service stamps on 23/02/2017 H and H Classics

http://www.handh.co.uk/buy/1989-toyota-mr2/13671

iankelly
8th February 2017, 01:12 PM
It looks very nice !

There are more appearing now with 52 owners and 1 service....
:p

tommundy
8th February 2017, 02:38 PM
It looks very nice !

:lol:

Looks like a nice example though; will be interesting to see how the auction goes.

MylesHSG
8th February 2017, 02:42 PM
This one doesn't still have the original dealer sticker, unlike mine :)

chasmundo
8th February 2017, 03:10 PM
It looks very nice !

:D

Vistalite
8th February 2017, 07:30 PM
If you look at the MOT history, there were lots of references in the last one for corrosion, but miraculously nothing mentioned on the current one. So has all been rectified or . . . . ?

chasmundo
8th February 2017, 10:29 PM
I have been told that an MOT can sometimes a little subjective...

MOT stations sometimes feel the need to add something for fear of dvla checks.
Some are more sympathetic towards classics and let some small things go.

MOT is no substitute for looking underneath yourself or getting the owner to take it to a local kwik fit for a free health check and take a few snaps of the underside.

iankelly
9th February 2017, 08:39 AM
I'll see your dealer sticker and raise you a matching key fob !:D

ayresyboy
9th February 2017, 04:51 PM
So it got serviced twice a year?!?!

Sillyhatday
9th February 2017, 06:50 PM
So it got serviced twice a year?!?!

Thats what I thought. Car smells a little fishy to me, along with the amount of corrosion that vanished.

Or it's just me

mk1 dal
10th February 2017, 09:49 PM
It looks a good car to me but would need to see it in the flesh . Its been woman owned so 52 stamps could be quite genuine as she most probable won't be getting her hands dirty fixing it . The rear arches look like they have had work but most have so wouldn't bother me . The thing what says this car been looked after is the small details hence the gear knob its still the original leather one with nice clean seats .anyone got the past mot details

MylesHSG
10th February 2017, 11:04 PM
Seems according to the MOT records that it spend quite a lot of time getting repaired for the rust. 1st August it failed at 104,209 miles and it only passed on the 11th November at 104,219

phaeton
11th February 2017, 05:06 PM
It looks a good car to me but would need to see it in the flesh . Its been woman owned so 52 stamps could be quite genuine as she most probable won't be getting her hands dirty fixing it . The rear arches look like they have had work but most have so wouldn't bother me . The thing what says this car been looked after is the small details hence the gear knob its still the original leather one with nice clean seats .anyone got the past mot detailshttps://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

mk1 dal
11th February 2017, 08:23 PM
The penny as dropped on this car , it must have been brought off the lady when it failed the mot because of the massive cost to repair it . i wouldn't buy it with the corrosion on the front chassis , even repaired the mk1 is on borrowed time as it always spreads like a cancer through the rest of chassis .

Sillyhatday
11th February 2017, 08:42 PM
I knew it.

Got it for scrap and now making a good chunk on it. Patched up to look 'mint' along with a gleaming documented history. Ticking timebomb.

Well done mk1 dal

MylesHSG
12th February 2017, 12:56 AM
Must have done something to get it through the MOT?