PDA

View Full Version : Manual 2 tone Supercharger for £2000!

Gilles27
2nd February 2017, 04:10 PM
This looks like it's worth looking at. The bodywork is not great and the car is incredibly dusty in a couple of the pics, but he says the reserve is £2K which looks like a great price for manual Supercharger.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/toyota-mr2-mk1-supercharger-/332111873905?roken=cUgayN

coverco
2nd February 2017, 04:19 PM
Looks like a nice project for somebody :+:

Sillyhatday
2nd February 2017, 04:50 PM
Does indeed. I see potential, and a place to put your beer apparently :)

MylesHSG
2nd February 2017, 05:38 PM
Oooof. Must resit bidding. I'm meant to be saving for a 6 speed and respray of my currant car!

jimi
2nd February 2017, 05:43 PM
It's got the wrong steering wheel ;)
or more accurately the wrong horn push.

Vistalite
2nd February 2017, 06:43 PM
Oooof. Must resit bidding. I'm meant to be saving for a 6 speed and respray of my currant car!

Mortgage on the back burner now Miles? :D

MylesHSG
2nd February 2017, 07:21 PM
Mortgage on the back burner now Miles? :D

Well that too. Hope my numbers come up tomorrow!!

coverco
2nd February 2017, 07:38 PM
It has an MR2 MK1 club sticker in the rear quarter window as well!

coverco
2nd February 2017, 10:13 PM
I have just done DVLA check on this car, last MOT expired May 2012 and first registered in 1998 (when it was imported I guess). Someone needs to have a look at it!

mk1 dal
2nd February 2017, 10:43 PM
Very tempted , 2 tone , manual and supercharges its ticking all the right boxes :think:

Gilles27
2nd February 2017, 11:17 PM
Very tempted , 2 tone , manual and supercharges its ticking all the right boxes :think:

Go on, go on! You could give it a good home. :D

cchrysos
3rd February 2017, 12:13 AM
Looks great!

Martin42006
3rd February 2017, 08:14 AM
Hmm wish I could afford it, if it was closer I might be tempted. Although I hate to say it but I see rust on the bottom of the A post on the DS so it will need work possibly new sills? Would still be a good investment though.

superwhite90
3rd February 2017, 09:48 AM
I'd have it if I had the cash.

Boondougal
3rd February 2017, 12:09 PM
Me too... oh and the fact that my wife already thinks I have too many cars. Always wanted a super charger

superwhite90
3rd February 2017, 02:16 PM
I am looking to import one myself in the summer. Will wait for the right one to come along, I'd love an SE SC, ultimate charger.

MylesHSG
3rd February 2017, 02:41 PM
I am looking to import one myself in the summer. Will wait for the right one to come along, I'd love an SE SC, ultimate charger.

Yes, a fresh import that's spent nearly 30 years away from British road salt.

autobody
4th February 2017, 09:06 AM
I know of one white over gold SE which will be going on sale soon. It was imported a few years and not been driven yet. Not sure how much he wants but guessing would be 5-6k. Looked a solid car too

superwhite90
4th February 2017, 10:36 AM
That's Jon on IMOC.

chasmundo
5th February 2017, 04:22 PM
What's an SE ?

coverco
5th February 2017, 04:50 PM
Super Edition :thumbup:

chasmundo
5th February 2017, 06:03 PM
Thx

A Supercharged Super Edition...wow that must be Super rare

coverco
5th February 2017, 07:13 PM
There were only 270 made I think. There was a white/gold version and a midnight blue version, there were a couple of other special editions over the years a white one and a black one, there is a bit of information about them on the net if you are interested.

chasmundo
5th February 2017, 08:00 PM
I did have a look on the net but there is very little info about Super Edition

jimi
6th February 2017, 05:45 PM
Some info here on SE's and other models, http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/jlawson/MK1%20MR2%20Unusual%20Models/ (http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/jlawson/MK1%20MR2%20Unusual%20Models/) Still a W.I.P so not completed yet.

Monkeymax
6th February 2017, 05:49 PM
The white over gold SEs are very rare. Really would be nice to have one though!
I regret selling my SC (having never gotten to drive it after doing a complete engine rebuild) and would love another if I had the space (and wasn't trying to save money!). But given this has been sat for a while and there is no paperwork, my opinion is to be wary of this one unless you were ready to spend money on it, personally. The two-tone is a fantastic look though, and I'm sure I recognise the numberplate from a club event from years gone by.

Myles, where in London are you? I sometimes drive my Mk1 up to the South West side, if you want to see what a 6-speed 'box on a 4AGE is like before saving up for it! :) (Though I'm not driving much in the current weather)

coverco
7th February 2017, 05:06 PM
Some info here on SE's and other models, http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/jlawson/MK1%20MR2%20Unusual%20Models/ (http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/jlawson/MK1%20MR2%20Unusual%20Models/) Still a W.I.P so not completed yet.

Great information Jimi.

chasmundo
7th February 2017, 11:06 PM

WOW some fantastic pics and info from the original Japanese sales brochures.

Love the black rally version - looks like a cross between a Lancia stratos and Renault 5 Dimma Turbo.

ayresyboy
8th February 2017, 10:58 AM
So who bought it?!?!?

Gilles27
8th February 2017, 11:36 AM
This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available.

Hmm, does that mean he had an offer he couldn't refuse or it didn't look like it was going to sell for enough?

Boondougal
8th February 2017, 11:58 AM
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/jlawson/MK1%20MR2%20Unusual%20Models/6.%20Group%20S%20Rally%20car/white/index.html

and they after say modern Japanese interiors are a bit busy.... I think this one takes the biscuit.

chasmundo
18th February 2017, 11:03 PM
I know of one white over gold SE which will be going on sale soon. It was imported a few years and not been driven yet. Not sure how much he wants but guessing would be 5-6k. Looked a solid car too

Are there any other details / pics/ pricing on this SE ?

MylesHSG
18th February 2017, 11:15 PM
Are there any other details / pics/ pricing on this SE ?

Buy it. Please. Purely for selfish reasons of course, I want to see it :)

Jiffowe
11th March 2017, 08:34 AM
Not been on here for quite some time but I was the one who snapped this car up��
Definitely a project car, but very solid base to start. I've had many mk1s over the years and this ones in rather good shape! This will be a keeper for sure so engine is already out and off for a full rebuild ��

Jiffowe
13th March 2017, 05:50 PM
A big thank you to Patrick chambers aka "head case" for his help, time and enthusiasm to get this engine sorted!
As soon as this car was purchased we, (myself and my legend of a friend known only as "Dan") but in honesty, it was only really "Dan" had overhauled the brakes, cleaned fuel/pipes, sorted out the dodgy after market immobiliser etc etc and got the old girl fired up after 4+years of being off the road. ("coverco" mentioned in a previous post after a mot check.)
Passed mot, no problem but a slight knock we noticed on the engine?? That's where Patrick helped out and a full engine rebuild underway, a big thank you to him and "Dan". ;-) Will keep you all updated but I'm not great at this internet stuff. Lol, but I am a huge mk1 mr2 fan. :thumbup:

coverco
13th March 2017, 08:06 PM
Good luck with getting it sorted, it will make really nice car when finished :thumbup:

Jiffowe
14th March 2017, 05:14 PM
Thanks coverco:thumbup

Jiffowe
13th May 2017, 12:28 PM
After what seemed to be a very long time but really only 4-5 weeks, the engine is back from full rebuild! ( thanks to headcase for his help with this!) Its now fitted back where it belongs in the car and after a little tweaking and setting up it's running absolutely sweet. (Thanks to "Dan" for his help with this too!) Engine looks visibly so much better than before thanks to Patrick's spit and polishing as well. Got to go easy for a while and run it all in nice and gently. There's loads of pictures of all the progress and some of which I will try to update soon. Sunday tomorrow, so a nice cruise out planned to get some miles on the clock! Can't wait :p