PDA

View Full Version : ** Save the Date! ** - Silverstone Classic 2017 - 28th to 30th July 2017

tommundy
9th January 2017, 06:11 PM
Hi all,

Welcome to the official thread for the 2017 Silverstone Classic!

Tickets
As usual, the Mk1 club has secured a great deal on tickets, which means that you get 2 tickets for the price of 1! Why not make a weekend of it and get the best value by buying a 3 day ticket? :) Many people arrive on Thursday evening and enjoy 3 full days and nights of racing, rocking and laughs!

The table of prices can be seen below:

All of the above ticket prices include 2 tickets plus 1 in-field car pass.

The above prices are based on booking by 31st May. After that date, ticket purchases are no longer available.

These prices are only available to club members, so if you're not already a member and are wanting to come, it's well worth the £10 joining fee as you'll save way more than this by taking up our ticket price offer. You can join or renew from the following link: http://www.mr2mk1club.com/payments.php

Camping
Camping is paid for separately and by yourself direct to Woodlands or another camp site if you choose so. It's a great laugh on Woodlands, as we normally co-ordinate setting up together. It's £49 per person, but that covers you from Thursday, and you can stay until Monday I think if you like. The facilities are excellent and it's probably the craziest campsite you'll ever see in terms of the cars on show. You can buy the tickets online by following the guide below:

Buying Camping Online Guide (http://www.mr2mk1club.com/uploads/CampingTicketsGuide.pdf)

Friday Night Music
The Friday night line-up has now been confirmed with a special Summer of Love celebration planned. The Bootleg Beatles, widely hailed as the world’s premier Fab Four tribute group, will be topping the Friday night bill and further #1 live tribute acts – Who’s Next and Are You Experienced? – will be joining The Bootleg Beatles, celebrating the hits of The Who and Jimi Hendrix respectively.

Saturday Night Music
Spandau Ballet’s former front-man Tony Hadley is topping Saturday night’s bill at the Classic this year and The Dire Straits Experience, formed when original sax-playing band member, Chris White, teamed-up with singer-songwriter Terence Reis, will also be taking to the stage on Saturday evening. The unforgettable music of Spandau Ballet and Dire Straits defined the eighties and it’s going to be very special to hear all those timeless songs performed again at this summer’s Silverstone Classic.

Cheers,
Tom

Club Chairman

************************************************** ******************************

** TICKET SALES NOW BEING PROCESSED **

To purchase tickets, please private message me with the following information:

Name
Address
Landline and/or Mobile Number
Car Registration
Ticket required (see table above)
Preferred payment method (PayPal, Bank Transfer or Cheque/Cash)

Once I've received payment, I'll add your tickets to our order, confirming with you once that's done.

This event just gets better and better each year. If you're thinking about taking part, don't hesitate and get signed up!

*** Official Attendees List ***
1. Tom Mundy - tommundy - Weekend - Camping - PAID
2. Daniel Simpson - Sillyhatday - Weekend - Camping - PAID
3. David Lycett - Mister2.2 - Weekend - Camping - PAID
4. Tommy Ogle - coverco - Weekend - Camping - PAID
5. John Dawson - jed - Saturday - PAID
6. Rachel Seed - Rach - Friday - PAID
7. Graham Wilkinson - Lakelad - Weekend - Camping - PAID
8. Bill Mitchell - Wi11iAMR2 - Weekend - Camping - PAID
9. Peter Scatchard - Weekend - PAID
10. Dave Pressler - Weekend - PAID
11. Anthony Currie - Gilles27 - Weekend - Camping - PAID
12. Ken Salmon - Weekend - PAID
13. Clive Etheridge - Sunday - PAID
14. Gordon Salmon - Fri/Sat - PAID
15. Shane Reid - Shaner - Weekend - Camping - PAID
16. Scott Temple - Crossle - Weekend - Camping - PAID
17. Stuart Gregory - sTuArT - Saturday - PAID
18. Gary Mellor - mk1 dal - Weekend - Camping - PAID
19. Bill Hulme - bill hulme - Weekend - Camping - PAID

Sillyhatday
9th January 2017, 06:19 PM
Attendees
1. Tom Mundy - Thur/Fri/Sat/Sun - Camping
2. Dan Simpson - Thur/Fri/Sat/Sun - Camping

Is the price of camping separate, from memory? Is that included in the ticket price?

tommundy
9th January 2017, 06:23 PM
Is the price of camping separate, from memory? Is that included in the ticket price?
Hey up Dan!

Yeh, camping is paid for separately and by yourself direct to Woodlands or another camp site if you choose so. It's a great laugh on Woodlands as we normally co-ordinate setting up together. :+: It's £49 per person, but that covers you from Thursday, and you can stay until Monday I think if you like.

Any other questions, just ask.

Cheers,
Tom

Sillyhatday
9th January 2017, 07:37 PM
Thanks.

I stayed on woodlands last year, and I did see all the MR2s together. I'll be joined and may convoy down with someone else not in a MR2, so I'll try get with the club and other folks nearby too.

Just had a quick look about campsite booking. For anyone wondering, you can still do it online without buying an entry ticket.

While I was there last year I ended up taking almost 2000 photos with the DLSR. I hope to get some good stills coverage for everyones car while I'm there. I've got some examples on my Flickr profile. I'm no pro, just a hobbyist but I'll dish them out after the event if all is well.

Looking forwards to it now :) Plus as I've just found out, I need to pack light...

Oh hows the payment system going to work? :confused:

coverco
9th January 2017, 09:31 PM
Attendees
3. Tommy Ogle - Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun - Camping

coverco
9th January 2017, 09:39 PM
We will be going down the M1 on the Thursday, possibly with Anthony. You are more than welcome to join us but we normally go around mid day. We will organise meeting points nearer the time. We will be camping in the electric hook up section though.

tommundy
10th January 2017, 08:36 AM
Just had a quick look about campsite booking. For anyone wondering, you can still do it online without buying an entry ticket.
I've now created a guide and added it to the main opening post for purchasing camping via the Silverstone website as it's not the most intuitive process.

I hope to get some good stills coverage for everyones car while I'm there. I've got some examples on my Flickr profile. I'm no pro, just a hobbyist but I'll dish them out after the event if all is well.
That's a nice offer! I'm sure people would appreciate that.

Oh hows the payment system going to work? :confused:
You'll have the option of paying by PayPal, Bank Transfer or Cheque/Cash. I'll put up details within the next few weeks. :+:

Cheers,
Tom

Gilles27
10th January 2017, 10:04 AM
Please add me for the whole weekend. We'll be taking the caravan and awning and having electric hook-up again. I've started getting into cocktail making, so we might set up a bar! :cool:

coverco
10th January 2017, 04:07 PM
Please add me for the whole weekend. We'll be taking the caravan and awning and having electric hook-up again. I've started getting into cocktail making, so we might set up a bar! :cool:

That could get very messy :-)

Gilles27
10th January 2017, 04:23 PM
That could get very messy :-)

Yep!

Sillyhatday
10th January 2017, 04:48 PM
I've now created a guide and added it to the main opening post for purchasing camping via the Silverstone website as it's not the most intuitive process.
Tom

Thanks for answering the questions :)

It fooled me too. The option being right at the top of the page. Doh!

The only thing that should be in whiskey, is another whiskey. Can someone manage to mix one of them? :D

Vistalite
10th January 2017, 06:31 PM

Bit of a bleedin shame that I'm going to miss it this year, especially when cocktails have been mentioned. I'll be driving the Bid Sur and thinking of you all.

jed
10th January 2017, 09:26 PM
Hi Tom
Put me down for Sat only
Look forward as ever
Jed

Mister2.2
10th January 2017, 10:30 PM
[QUOTE=tommundy;175616]Attendees
3. Tommy Ogle - Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun - Camping
4. Anthony - Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun - Camping
5. David Lycett - Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun - Camping

ReDorDeD
11th January 2017, 10:05 PM
How do I get a child tickets?
And is anyone doing the retro run? Do we get a deal on that?

coverco
12th January 2017, 10:01 PM
Our ticket prices are cheaper than child tickets!

tommundy
13th January 2017, 07:14 AM
Our ticket prices are cheaper than child tickets!
You been on the special sauce again Tommy? :lol:

tommundy
13th January 2017, 07:18 AM
How do I get a child tickets?
You're best off ordering these direct from Silverstone. They're currently £12 for a 6-16 year old for the full weekend and free for 0-5's (but you still need to order a ticket).

And is anyone doing the retro run? Do we get a deal on that?
You can either buy the full Retro Run package from Silverstone for £198 + fees, but we can't guarantee that you'd be able to park your car on the club stand. Alternatively, you can purchase your event tickets from us and the Retro Run add-on from Silverstone for £99 + any fees.

Hope that helps! :)

For anyone else that's interested, the Retro Run includes the following:

* A place in the RetroRun classic car run on Saturday 29th July
* Two adult three-day event tickets for the Silverstone Classic.
* An infield pass giving special access to the RetroRun display area for all three days.
* A ‘Tulip’ style Road Book for your chosen route.
* Entry to Stowe House with a welcoming tea or coffee on arrival.
* Refreshments for two at Coventry Transport Museum (entry is free).
* Rally plaque for your car.
* A parade lap of Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit on Sunday 30th July.

Cheers,
Tom

coverco
13th January 2017, 12:56 PM
You been on the special sauce again Tommy? :lol:

I have indeed mate but you get a free ticket with each adult ticket, can't get cheaper than that :-)

When Mike was younger I never bothered with a child ticket for entry I just used my free one! I did however buy the kid camping tickets lol

tommundy
31st January 2017, 10:06 AM
** BUMP **

Roll up, roll up, put your name down if you're interested in attending this years Silverstone Classic with the MR2 Mk1 Club.

I'll be posting up payment details and starting to process ticket sales this coming weekend.

Cheers,
Tom

coverco
31st January 2017, 12:19 PM
Can I send the money now mate?

tommundy
31st January 2017, 12:37 PM
Can I send the money now mate?
All good things mate, all good things. 8-)

Just want to get a few other things out of the way this week if that's alright.

coverco
31st January 2017, 01:22 PM
No problem Tom, I noticed I still had the payment details in my bank payments so thought I would get it sorted. Will send the money when you want.

Lakelad
31st January 2017, 06:52 PM
Hi Tom

Please add me for all days - will be camping but bringing the motorhome rather than the MK1 - will probably ticket share with Gary.

Graham

coverco
31st January 2017, 07:23 PM
I guess we don't know if Bill will be going, I hope he is fit. However if not I am happy to bring the gazebo and flags like last year, I can always pop over and get them from Bill, even if he is going I can do this :thumbup:

Lakelad
31st January 2017, 09:09 PM
I guess we don't know if Bill will be going, I hope he is fit. However if not I am happy to bring the gazebo and flags like last year, I can always pop over and get them from Bill, even if he is going I can do this :thumbup:

Likewise I can also transport anything as required.

tommundy
1st February 2017, 09:18 AM
Cheers chaps! :+:

Lakelad
1st February 2017, 06:30 PM
Cheers chaps! :+:

Thanks Tom - please add me to the list at the top of the thread.

Cheers.

tommundy
1st February 2017, 06:40 PM
Thanks Tom - please add me to the list at the top of the thread.

Cheers.
Et voila! :-)

tommundy
6th February 2017, 07:45 AM
Hi folks, I'll be starting to take payment tomorrow. It's my first wedding anniversary today, so hope you all understand the slight delay. :)

For those of you still thinking about whether to attend this event, go for it. It's an unforgettable experience!

Cheers,
Tom

Gilles27
7th February 2017, 04:45 PM
Friday Night bands have been announced: Hendrix, The Who, and The Beatles!

https://www.silverstoneclassic.com/whats-on/livemusic

The Friday night line-up has now been confirmed with a special Summer of Love celebration planned. The Bootleg Beatles, widely hailed as the world’s premier Fab Four tribute group, will be topping the Friday night bill at the 2017 Classic and #1 live tribute acts – Who’s Next and Are You Experienced? – will be joining The Bootleg Beatles on the nostalgic Friday night Summer of Love bill.

Saturday evening’s live music line-up will have more of an eighties feel to it and full details will be announced shortly. Watch this space!

coverco
7th February 2017, 04:49 PM
Well that is a bit rubbish :mad:

Let's hope Saturday is a bit better!

tommundy
7th February 2017, 04:55 PM
Sounds like fun to me! :)

tommundy
8th February 2017, 08:35 AM
Didn't get in from badminton until late last night, so will post up tonight folks. It's pretty much the same deal as in previous years with payment methods etc. though. :+: :)

tommundy
8th February 2017, 07:40 PM
Roll up, roll up, ticket sales now being processed! :D

All the information on how to order tickets is now in the opening post on the first page of this thread.

I'm travelling down to a conference tomorrow evening and am spending the weekend in London, so apologies if I don't reply until early next week to your PM's. :)

Come on folks, this is a great event; we need more names down! :D :D :D

coverco
8th February 2017, 08:32 PM
Just paid £101 by bank transfer Tom :+:
You don't need my details do you lol

coverco
8th February 2017, 08:44 PM
Come on folks, this is a great event; we need more names down! :D :D :D

Tom is right everyone, Silverstone Classic is one of the best car events in the UK. The racing is amazing and the pits are all open access including the pits used by the Formula 1 teams under the wing. The range of owners cars is also amazing, I have never seen 200 or 300 Ferraris in one place apart from the Silverstone Classic. Even my wife loves it and she is really not that interested in cars :D
The camping in Woodlands is great fun as well and the club get togethers are epic, going on until the early hours. So get your names down and come and have a great weekend :cool:

Sillyhatday
8th February 2017, 08:53 PM
I'll pay up tomorrow. Just running to the pub quiz tonight

tommundy
15th February 2017, 06:46 PM
Just paid £101 by bank transfer Tom :+:
You don't need my details do you lol
Great, cheers mate! Got all your details and you're on the official list! :)

tommundy
15th February 2017, 06:46 PM
I'll pay up tomorrow. Just running to the pub quiz tonight
Details sent. :+:

Sillyhatday
15th February 2017, 07:40 PM
PM sent. I forgot about this last week :O

coverco
15th February 2017, 07:43 PM
My payment has cleared mate, I got the MK1 club statement the other day :D

tommundy
17th February 2017, 05:23 PM
Official list of attendees updated on the first page! :D

Come on people, this is a great event and not to be missed out on.

Lakelad
17th February 2017, 08:43 PM
PM sent

Philbar
21st February 2017, 02:53 PM
Sadly I'm going to give it a miss this year, having planned to attend other events in Europe (and at much less cost), and having been to the Classic for the last 12 years - last 3 with the MR2Mk1 - I just feel its out pricing itself, and last year, the Sunday by mid morning, a lot of the static displays were packing up, only stayed on to watch the Group C race on the Sunday. The live music is frankly getting worse each successive year, even the mighty Quo couldn't rescue it, doing only a short set. Less said about the Stranglers the better!

This is my opinion, and I know many, if not all will disagree with me (and I know its not the clubs fault or are to blame), but walking around seeing hundreds of similar Porsches (2016) or BMW's (2015) as static displays, over priced and poor quality food stalls, doesn't appeal to me any longer. So going further afield to see how our European neighbours do these things.

coverco
21st February 2017, 03:54 PM
I have to disagree strongly with Philbar here. The total cost for 2 people for the weekend is just over £200, that is camping from Thursday until Monday and entry to the circuit on Thursday (to set up), Friday, Saturday and Sunday. If you attend an event in Europe surely just to get across the water with your car will cost over £100?
Music is obviously very subjective, personally I loved Bonnie Tyler, Status Quo (1 hour set), The Boomtown Rats and The Stranglers. Having said that from a value for money point of view tickets to see Status Quo outside Silverstone were well over £100 for 2 people. The Bootleg Beatles who are playing this year sell out tours all over the world. They are playing the Royal Albert Hall in June and the cheapest tickets left (only 11 left) are £87 per person. So again value for money wise Silverstone is pretty good.
As to the static displays I have only ever seen 2 Ferrari Enzos and they were parked beside each other at Silverstone last year. There are always loads of Lambos as well so not all Porsches or BMWs. Last year I went drifting in an F Type jag and did the off road course in a Range Rover (obviously as a passenger lol). I even got to shake Mike Brewers hand (he approached me I was not stalking him). There is a lot to do without even looking at car racing and it is all included in the entry ticket price.
However the car racing is fantastic and even though the cars are worth millions it is proper racing with bumps and scrapes. The all access pit experience is absolutely great as well. My highlight from 2016 though was Mika Hakkinens old Mclaren F1 car screaming down the Wellington straight, it was spectacular.
Obviously I respect Philbars opinion but I had to put a balanced side to the discussion and if you have not been before you will love it, this will only be my fourth year but I still look forward to it every year :-D

Philbar
21st February 2017, 04:39 PM
I have to disagree strongly with Philbar here. The total cost for 2 people for the weekend is just over £200, that is camping from Thursday until Monday and entry to the circuit on Thursday (to set up), Friday, Saturday and Sunday. If you attend an event in Europe surely just to get across the water with your car will cost over £100?
Music is obviously very subjective, personally I loved Bonnie Tyler, Status Quo (1 hour set), The Boomtown Rats and The Stranglers. Having said that from a value for money point of view tickets to see Status Quo outside Silverstone were well over £100 for 2 people. The Bootleg Beatles who are playing this year sell out tours all over the world. They are playing the Royal Albert Hall in June and the cheapest tickets left (only 11 left) are £87 per person. So again value for money wise Silverstone is pretty good.
As to the static displays I have only ever seen 2 Ferrari Enzos and they were parked beside each other at Silverstone last year. There are always loads of Lambos as well so not all Porsches or BMWs. Last year I went drifting in an F Type jag and did the off road course in a Range Rover (obviously as a passenger lol). I even got to shake Mike Brewers hand (he approached me I was not stalking him). There is a lot to do without even looking at car racing and it is all included in the entry ticket price.
However the car racing is fantastic and even though the cars are worth millions it is proper racing with bumps and scrapes. The all access pit experience is absolutely great as well. My highlight from 2016 though was Mika Hakkinens old Mclaren F1 car screaming down the Wellington straight, it was spectacular.
Obviously I respect Philbars opinion but I had to put a balanced side to the discussion and if you have not been before you will love it, this will only be my fourth year but I still look forward to it every year :-D

I do agree to some extent to what Cover has said, however as the years have gone on the quality of the show has got worse. Especially the music, again it is subjective, and Bonnie Tyler was a low point, with her obviously drunk 'ha ha's' every touch and turn and wanting to show off her 'beautiful brother' were irksome.

As for the costs, part of going to somewhere like Spa, in Belgium is the adventure, the Spa summer Classic, also a 3 day event, is a free entrance to spectators and open access to the paddock and pits (http://spasummerclassic.com/en/), Something Silverstone needs to learn from. This will be our second time to the Spa Summer Classic, and there are only a handful of race circuits worldwide which are as historic and as provocative as Spa.

The racing can be good, however some smaller circuits such as Cadwell and Croft offer much better closer racing, down in the lowly club levels, with equally good access to paddocks and pit lane garages for a tiny amount compared to the costs involved at Silverstone. I did notice last year that many of the garages in the International wing at Silverstone were roped off, and none of the mechanics or teams had time to even nod at any of the fans. Completely different to the club levels were drivers etc have time for all.

Its each to their own as I said in my first post, I have become weary of seeing the same things year in - year out. It is time for a break, those who go will no doubt enjoy it, just not for me this year.

Phil

Lakelad
21st February 2017, 07:56 PM
I think this is each to their own on this one. I have been to Silverstone the last two years and thoroughly enjoyed the whole event from the great company, the racing, the music, the stands and loved mooching around the pits.

I am sorry Phil is not coming this year and as I have not been to the events he references I cannot comment on them but £49 for four nights camping and £50.50 for a full weekend ticket does not strike me as bad value for money and I am very much looking forward to another great weekend.

Graham

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2016/07/30/silverstone-classic-the-worlds-biggest-motor-racing-event-trumps/

coverco
21st February 2017, 10:37 PM
Anthony and Sonia are making cocktails and I have a bottle of Fireball whiskey Graham ....... what could possibly go wrong :D
Socialising is one of the best bits of the whole weekend.

tommundy
1st March 2017, 09:26 AM
Official list updated on the first page! :)

tommundy
1st March 2017, 09:27 AM
Only four weeks to go until the ticket prices go up. Grab this chance to get a great deal with 2 for 1 tickets through the club! :D

paulandchez
2nd March 2017, 12:20 AM
Anthony and Sonia are making cocktails and I have a bottle of Fireball whiskey Graham ....... what could possibly go wrong :D
Socialising is one of the best bits of the whole weekend.

Oh dear..... :-D Gutted we won't be there to enjoy the sampling! Hope you have great fun

coverco
2nd March 2017, 12:27 PM
Shame you will miss it Paul, maybe next year.

They have announced Saturday nights groups......
Tony Hadley from Spandau Ballet and the Dire Straits experience. Last year was always going to be hard to follow, I just hope Hadley does all the classics. Dire Straits without Mark Knopfler will be interesting :o

Lakelad
2nd March 2017, 07:31 PM
Sorry to hear Pand and Cheryl wont be there.

I agree with Tommy Friday night music did not really do it for me but much more like the sound of Saturday night - used to really enjoy Dire Straits so I know all the words and with or without Mark Knopfler it will still be good fun! Spandau Ballet will take me right back to my school days!

Shame you will miss it Paul, maybe next year.

They have announced Saturday nights groups......
Tony Hadley from Spandau Ballet and the Dire Straits experience. Last year was always going to be hard to follow, I just hope Hadley does all the classics. Dire Straits without Mark Knopfler will be interesting :o

coverco
2nd March 2017, 09:29 PM
We will be there Friday and Saturday Graham, I love the Beatles but am not a great lover of tribute groups. Anyway who cares when we get back to Woodlands we will just get very drunk :D

tommundy
4th March 2017, 08:29 AM
Official list on the first page updated again! :)

coverco
4th March 2017, 10:07 AM
Not many going this year. It really is a great event, what a shame :(

tommundy
13th March 2017, 11:35 AM
Just over two weeks left of the cheapest rate of tickets. If you're intending on coming, please get in touch with me asap. :)

Cheers,
Tom

Sillyhatday
14th March 2017, 05:30 PM
Has anybody taken part in the Retro Run that's on the Saturday? I quite like the idea of doing it, but is it worth the money? I'm not sure how it will work out, being that I already have a position on the club stand also.

coverco
14th March 2017, 07:12 PM
A few members have done the retro run over the years, I believe the club used to pay for one member to do it (this was when we paid £25 to join lol). To be honest if you enjoy a drink and are on Woodlands driving in the morning is not a great idea :p we regularly carry on until 3am so come and join us.

tommundy
15th March 2017, 08:11 AM
Has anybody taken part in the Retro Run that's on the Saturday? I quite like the idea of doing it, but is it worth the money? I'm not sure how it will work out, being that I already have a position on the club stand also.
I've done it before and it was enjoyable, but it does take you away from the circuit for a good half day. We dropped lucky and had a private tour of the Aston Martin coach works, which was amazing. Of course, the Retro Run does also give you the chance to do a lap of the track if you've not experienced that before. :+:

You can purchase your event tickets from us and the Retro Run add-on from Silverstone for £99 + any fees, so getting back on our stand won't be a problem afterwards.

Sillyhatday
15th March 2017, 05:19 PM
Thanks for the advice.

I've decided against it this year, as it will be my Dads first time going to this. It would be unfair on him to miss out on the busiest day of the weekend. So probably a thing for next time.

Gilles27
22nd March 2017, 01:03 PM
PM sent and then another PM sent as I changed my mind on how many tickets were needed!

tommundy
22nd March 2017, 05:57 PM
Official list updated on the first page again. A last minute flurry! :)

Vistalite
22nd March 2017, 08:34 PM
Great to see Ken in attendance this year.

Gilles27
23rd March 2017, 03:32 PM
It was the media launch day today at Silverstone. Lots of pics and vids on the twitter site: https://twitter.com/Silverclassic

tommundy
24th March 2017, 01:04 PM
It was the media launch day today at Silverstone. Lots of pics and vids on the twitter site: https://twitter.com/Silverclassic
Some cool photos and videos there! :+:

Gilles27
24th March 2017, 01:11 PM
Over 50 Jaguar XJ220's will be there! I didn't know they made that many!

tommundy
24th March 2017, 01:16 PM
That, I am looking forward to!

Sillyhatday
24th March 2017, 03:43 PM
WOW! There was two there last year. Which I thought was awesome, I'd never seen one before!

tommundy
24th March 2017, 06:04 PM
List updated on the first page again.

For anyone that's umming or arring about whether to come, go for it, it's an amazing event!

You can read through past events in the below threads:

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread.php?17202-**-Save-the-Date!-**-Silverstone-Classic-2016-29th-to-31st-July-2016

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread.php?16567-Silverstone-Classic-2015-24th-to-26th-July-Club-Event-of-the-Year!

Any questions, just ask! :D

Cheers,
Tom

tommundy
30th March 2017, 08:00 AM
I'll be ordering the first lot of tickets tonight, so if you want the guaranteed cheapest price, please get in touch before this evening! :)

Shaner
30th March 2017, 09:16 AM
I'll be ordering the first lot of tickets tonight, so if you want the guaranteed cheapest price, please get in touch before this evening! :)

Hi Tom - I think I'm going to come over with my SC again (from Dublin), for this!

I haven't booked the ferry yet, but want to take advantage of the cheapest tickets for the event - can you add me to the list please? I'd like the full 3 day weekend ticket without camping. I can't remember how much that is, but if you can let me know I will send a PayPal payment this evening.

Many thanks!

Shane.

Shaner
30th March 2017, 09:27 AM
Hi Tom - I think I'm going to come over with my SC again (from Dublin), for this!

I haven't booked the ferry yet, but want to take advantage of the cheapest tickets for the event - can you add me to the list please? I'd like the full 3 day weekend ticket without camping. I can't remember how much that is, but if you can let me know I will send a PayPal payment this evening.

Many thanks!

Shane.

Hi again Tom - OK have now read the instructions on the first page! Will PM the info required shortly.

Shane.

tommundy
30th March 2017, 09:50 AM
Hi again Tom - OK have now read the instructions on the first page! Will PM the info required shortly.

Shane.
PM replied to! :)

It'll be great having you over again Shane.

Cheers,
Tom

tommundy
30th March 2017, 07:13 PM
£1400 worth of tickets just ordered! :+:

Sillyhatday
30th March 2017, 08:13 PM
Fantastic. Getting excited again!

superwhite90
1st May 2017, 08:27 AM
I'm looking to come this year but waiting to collect and make sure my mr2 is going to be reliable.

tommundy
6th May 2017, 09:22 AM
Just over three weeks to go if you want tickets for this fantastic event! :-D

Crossle
12th May 2017, 11:20 AM
Hi Tom, Any space for me mate?

tommundy
12th May 2017, 11:48 AM
Hi Scott, sure!

To purchase tickets, please private message me with the following information:

Name
Address
Landline and/or Mobile Number
Car Registration
Ticket required (see table on first page)
Preferred payment method (PayPal, Bank Transfer or Cheque/Cash)

I'll then reply with the payment details. :)

Look forward to having you aboard.

Cheers,
Tom

Crossle
12th May 2017, 02:35 PM
Whoop!! Money sent make way for the late entry lol. Looking forward to this

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2017/05/mr2-1.jpg (http://s237.photobucket.com/user/ff2000/media/mr2.jpg.html)

tommundy
15th May 2017, 06:11 PM
Welcome aboard! :D

Sillyhatday
15th May 2017, 06:15 PM
Ace picture. Had my other car photographed in front of the Lancaster bomber!

Crossle
16th May 2017, 10:04 AM
Thanks mate, its Turweston Aerodrome near Silverstone. I'm running a series of summer car meets there so going to be plenty of opportunity for more photos like this!

Shaner
18th May 2017, 10:41 PM
Hi Tom,

Slight change of plans for me, as my wife is not able to come over to Silverstone this year. However I am definitely still coming over, as I now also have a quick visit to Drift Limits planned on the Thursday - to get my SC serviced - while I drive around their track in a selection of awesome cars!

Anyway, this means that I now have a spare 3 day ticket for Silverstone, for one person. I'm not sure of how you are distributing the tickets this year, or if you have even received them yet - but am I allowed to offer my spare ticket for sale on this thread?

Shane.

tommundy
20th May 2017, 10:49 AM
Yes, perfectly fine Shane! :)

Anyone need an additional single ticket, or fancy joining us?

Cheers,
Tom

tommundy
20th May 2017, 10:51 AM
A bit of fun from Silverstone - vote for your favourite sounding car from this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtHk1oIKUkQ

Facebook vote here - https://www.facebook.com/events/1208682312547919/permalink/1339809656101850/

:+:

superwhite90
21st May 2017, 11:08 AM
My SC conversion seems to be running fine. Just go to plumb in the air filter as running without at the moment, but I am definitely going to come this year.

Is there any passes to be bought to drive on track?

Shaner
21st May 2017, 06:16 PM
Yes, perfectly fine Shane! :)

Anyone need an additional single ticket, or fancy joining us?

Cheers,
Tom

Thanks Tom,

So - if anyone out here needs a spare full 3-day ticket for Silverstone then please let me know. I'll need the ticket with the car pass to bring my car onto the club stand, so the ticket will only suit someone who's bringing an extra person I guess. Anyway I'll be happy to sell it for £45 as I'm not going to be able to use it. I imagine Tom could send the ticket out directly to whoever may buy it (once he has received them all), but if not I can post it anywhere required when I receive it.

Shane.

tommundy
23rd May 2017, 07:14 AM
List on the first page updated. :+:

tommundy
23rd May 2017, 07:17 AM
My SC conversion seems to be running fine. Just go to plumb in the air filter as running without at the moment, but I am definitely going to come this year.

Is there any passes to be bought to drive on track?

Hi Alex, see my comment from earlier below:

You can purchase your event tickets from us and the Retro Run add-on from Silverstone for £99 + any fees, so getting back on our stand won't be a problem afterwards.

Details in the below file:

http://mr2mk1club.com/uploads/SilverstoneClassic2017-RetroRun.pdf

I'm away next week, so if you can get in touch about purchasing tickets this week, that'll be better for me. :+:

tommundy
31st May 2017, 05:19 PM
Right, final tickets ordered just now, so ticket sales are OFFICIALLY CLOSED.

Final list off attendees for the 2017 Silverstone Classic from the MR2 Mk1 Club below:

Woo, woo! :D :+: :)

Counting down the days already!!!

Cheers,
Tom

coverco
31st May 2017, 08:13 PM
Already ordered and paid for my camping tickets, can't wait :thumbup:

Shaner
31st May 2017, 10:00 PM
Right, final tickets ordered just now, so ticket sales are OFFICIALLY CLOSED.

Final list off attendees for the 2017 Silverstone Classic from the MR2 Mk1 Club below:

Woo, woo! :D :+: :)

Counting down the days already!!!

Cheers,
Tom

I still have a spare ticket if anyone's interested!:)

Crossle
2nd June 2017, 08:53 AM
Hi Tom,

Can you help me ref camping booking please. Have to say I think the camping booking systems a bit poor. All I simply want to do is book myself onto Woodlands camping so I thought it would be a simple case of an online booking. I found there is no facility to do that. I called up and they will only let you book it alongside your ticket so you need a booking reference or a reference off your ticket none of which I've got as it was booked through the club. Seems like the system works fine if you have a lump sum of money to book it all in one go at the same time. For those that are trying to spread the cost a bit the system then doesnt work

tommundy
2nd June 2017, 09:08 AM
Hi Scott, yes, sure, it's not the most intuitive system to book camping.

However, on the first page on my opening post, I've created a how to guide. :+:

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Tom

Crossle
2nd June 2017, 09:29 AM
Thanks mate- would have been handy if I would have read your great information first wouldnt it lol. I will have a go at that later on.

belgibrit
7th June 2017, 03:32 PM
Hi there
Can i book for the weekend without giving the reg because i still have to registrer my car over in belgium and don't have the plates yet.
I will be comming in a black 1987 mk1 t-bar
Kind regards

coverco
7th June 2017, 05:27 PM
Hi there
Can i book for the weekend without giving the reg because i still have to registrer my car over in belgium and don't have the plates yet.
Kind regards

Hi all,

Welcome to the official thread for the 2017 Silverstone Classic!

The table of prices can be seen below:

All of the above ticket prices include 2 tickets plus 1 in-field car pass.

The above prices are based on booking by 31st May. After that date, ticket purchases are no longer available.

tommundy
7th June 2017, 09:00 PM
Hi there
Kind regards
Hi there,

Unfortunately, ticket sales through the club ended at the end of May. You can still get tickets through Silverstone, or Shaner on here is selling one if you're coming on your own.

We may be able to get your car on the stand, but you'd need an entry ticket sorted first.

Cheers,
Tom

Shaner
8th June 2017, 08:01 AM
Hi there,

Unfortunately, ticket sales through the club ended at the end of May. You can still get tickets through Silverstone, or Shaner on here is selling one if you're coming on your own.

We may be able to get your car on the stand, but you'd need an entry ticket sorted first.

Cheers,
Tom

Am happy to sell on my spare entry ticket, but will obviously need the in-field pass for my own car.

Tom - have you got all the tickets yet? Are you posting them out to everyone beforehand? If I sell my spare one, would you be able to send it on to belgibrit - or would I need to do this myself?

Shane.

belgibrit
8th June 2017, 05:12 PM
Hi shane
I would be happy to buy your ticket.
But how can i get my car on to the stand ?
Kind regards

celica1600gt
8th June 2017, 08:38 PM
Any one needing a silverstone ticket, i have a 3 day pass which i won't use, it was bought under the discounted scheme so looking for £50 for it, which is half current ticket prices , if anyone needs it .
Let me know malcolm 07975718146, can post , tickets have not come yet but will hold for someone , normally turn up a couple of weeks before the event.

tommundy
9th June 2017, 11:44 AM
Am happy to sell on my spare entry ticket, but will obviously need the in-field pass for my own car.

Tom - have you got all the tickets yet? Are you posting them out to everyone beforehand? If I sell my spare one, would you be able to send it on to belgibrit - or would I need to do this myself?

Shane.
Hi Shane,

Pft, already have the tickets, no chance with Silverstone. :lol:

I usually get them a fortnight or so before the event. They really pushed it a few years ago when I only received them on the Monday or Tuesday before the event, but hopefully that's not the case this year! :)

If you do sell your ticket, just let me know their address and I'll send it out directly to them, unless they're camping and I can just bring it down with me to give to them directly on the Thursday.

Cheers,
Tom

tommundy
9th June 2017, 11:46 AM
Hi shane
I would be happy to buy your ticket.
But how can i get my car on to the stand ?
Kind regards
We wouldn't be able to guarantee getting your car on the stand now that the official ticket sales through the club have finished. We do have a couple of car passes leftover, but they're already assigned to number plates of cars that can't make it. It would be entirely up to you if you wanted to chance getting in on one of these passes.

Cheers,
Tom

coverco
9th June 2017, 12:02 PM
In the past they have never checked the registration numbers, I got my motorhome in to the circuit with my car pass a few years ago :D

belgibrit
9th June 2017, 01:49 PM
I have one ticket now from malcolm , so i'm looking for 3 more single tickets if anybody has any available.
And i would like one car pass please if thats possible and try at the gate.

celica1600gt
9th June 2017, 04:12 PM
Ticket now sold

Shaner
9th June 2017, 05:03 PM
I have one ticket now from malcolm , so i'm looking for 3 more single tickets if anybody has any available.
And i would like one car pass please if thats possible and try at the gate.
Hi Victor,

You can definitely have my spare ticket - for £45 as discussed. I'm on holiday at the minute with limited internet access. I will PM you about payment etc when I'm back next week. Hope this is OK.

Shane.

superwhite90
10th June 2017, 12:19 AM
I have contacted the silverstone classic ticket website (official) and have been told to send them my confirmation email when I buy the tickets and they will send me an in field pass, so I can get on the stand as long as I'm allowed, Tom?

My reg has been checked before, so I am unwilling to take the risk.

tommundy
14th June 2017, 05:02 PM
No problem Alex! :)

@belgibrit - This will probably be the best method for you to get a pass as well, as then there's no problems with wrong number plates. :+:

Just over 6 weeks; can't wait!!! :D :D :D

belgibrit
14th June 2017, 07:52 PM
4270What do you think about this just for meetings and events ?

coverco
14th June 2017, 09:04 PM
Just noticed your location belgibrit my best mate from university days lives on Cotswold Lane, Old Sodbury. He is going to the Silvestone Classic with his daughter, small world. He will be at our camp over the weekend come and meet us :thumbup:

tommundy
22nd June 2017, 12:05 PM
For anyone that is camping, don't forget to purchase your camping tickets if you haven't done so already! :)

Camping
Camping is paid for separately and by yourself direct to Woodlands or another camp site if you choose so. It's a great laugh on Woodlands, as we normally co-ordinate setting up together. It's £49 per person, but that covers you from Thursday, and you can stay until Monday I think if you like. The facilities are excellent and it's probably the craziest campsite you'll ever see in terms of the cars on show. You can buy the tickets online by following the guide below:

Buying Camping Online Guide (http://www.mr2mk1club.com/uploads/CampingTicketsGuide.pdf)

belgibrit
22nd June 2017, 06:15 PM
Anyone still selling tickets ?
Kind regards

coverco
22nd June 2017, 08:44 PM
Hmmm

tommundy
22nd June 2017, 09:45 PM
Anyone still selling tickets ?
Kind regards
You can buy them through Silverstone.

Sillyhatday
23rd June 2017, 05:15 PM
Hey Tom,
I can't recall if you had posted where our club stand location was yet. I was just having a look on google maps, wondering if we knew where we were setting up. Do we know yet?

tommundy
27th June 2017, 01:32 PM
Hey Tom,
I can't recall if you had posted where our club stand location was yet. I was just having a look on google maps, wondering if we knew where we were setting up. Do we know yet?
Hi there,

I usually get this information when I receive the tickets, which is usually a couple of weeks before the event. I'll share whatever information I have as soon as I have it. :)

Cheers,
Tom

tommundy
2nd July 2017, 04:12 PM
Overview of the racing schedule below! :)

Racing Schedule 2017 (https://www.silverstoneclassic.com/whats-on/motor-racing)

tommundy
6th July 2017, 09:28 AM
Hi all,

I received notification at the beginning of the week that they've started posting out tickets, but that they'll take up to two weeks to arrive. :) If they do arrive by the 14th, I think that'll be the earliest they've been sent out, which will make a welcome change.

As ever, I'll keep you posted (bu-dum) regarding any updates. :)

Cheers,
Tom

coverco
6th July 2017, 11:15 AM
I got a message saying the camping tickets were starting to be sent out as well. Not long now :D

superwhite90
6th July 2017, 08:58 PM
Tom, I have decided not to attend this year.

My car needs the suspension fitting and the first date I can get this done is the 5th August. I don't feel comfortable driving to work with it anymore let alone a 200 mile round trip. I will do the car proud at JAE though as I have not attended there for 4 years. It's a shame the MK1 club do not attend, so I'll be on the IMOC stand instead.

tommundy
8th July 2017, 02:13 PM
Couldn't resist this when I saw it. A suitable tipple for Silverstone! :)

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2017/07/42c0e06944495ff330b7d26ed8b251e9-1.jpg

coverco
8th July 2017, 02:34 PM
Anthony is doing cocktails, I have a bottle of Fireball whiskey and now chairmans rum, this could get very very messy :D

Gilles27
8th July 2017, 08:27 PM
Camping tickets have arrived!

Lakelad
8th July 2017, 10:23 PM
I ordered camping ticket last night.

Sent from my K109 using Tapatalk

coverco
8th July 2017, 11:38 PM
Ah so your kids are going Anthony, good to know :D

Sillyhatday
9th July 2017, 11:05 AM
My tickets arrived yesterday too. Just waiting for the ones from Tom :)

coverco
9th July 2017, 11:08 AM
I don't know if Tom has asked this year yet but last year rather than post the tickets he gave them out in Woodlands, it saves the club postage and means they can't get lost in the post. I will go first and say I am happy to collect my tickets in Woodlands on Thursday :D

Sillyhatday
9th July 2017, 12:53 PM
I'm happy to pay a few quid postage to cover it. One less thing to worry about going with them.

Gilles27
9th July 2017, 12:55 PM
Ah so your kids are going Anthony, good to know :D
Emily & Alice are coming with us. Luckily they are both still under 16, in fact Alice has been 15 for 5 years! :angel::angel::angel:

Happy to get our tickets at Woodlands too.

tommundy
9th July 2017, 01:16 PM
Yep, as Tommy said, I'm happy to bring down tickets for people that are camping. :)

I think this calls for a list!

tommundy
9th July 2017, 01:17 PM
Tickets Being Collected at Silverstone Woodlands
Tommy - coverco
Anthony - Gilles27
Dan - Sillyhatday

Sillyhatday
9th July 2017, 01:57 PM
I'm easy Tom. If it's easier to collect on the day. That's fine :)

tommundy
9th July 2017, 02:13 PM
I'm easy Tom. If it's easier to collect on the day. That's fine :)
Great stuff, yeh, makes sense to hand them over in person if we can. :)

coverco
9th July 2017, 03:20 PM
Emily & Alice are coming with us. Luckily they are both still under 16, in fact Alice has been 15 for 5 years! :angel::angel::angel:

Happy to get our tickets at Woodlands too.

That is good news Anthony, as I said my best mate from uni days won some tickets and is coming with his 16 year old daughter. I thought about trying to get Carolyn in as an under 16 but there are a few problems with that :D

tommundy
11th July 2017, 05:29 PM
The Jags are back! :)

https://www.silverstoneclassic.com/get-involved/jaguar-art-of-performance-tour?utm_source=Silverstone+Classic+newsletter&utm_campaign=7df6ab0a1f-2017_10+July_+latest+news+to+non-ticket+buyers&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_976f63a488-7df6ab0a1f-15820457

https://www.silverstoneclassic.com/__media/Content-Images/CarClubs-119.jpg

"We are once again partnering with Jaguar to provide the chance to experience an F-type being pushed to the limit with their Art of Performance Tour. Visitors aged 12 or older will have the chance to enjoy all the heart-pumping thrills of drifting in an F-type with a professional driver at the wheel! The experience will be recorded on video to be taken home and relived after the event.. and is FREE.

If you're not interested in an adrenaline rush (or are under 12), you can test your skills with remote-controlled scale replica Jaguar F-types on the mini drifting circuit, also for FREE."

coverco
11th July 2017, 05:44 PM
Brilliant :D
Mind you my video was hilarious :p
Don't forget the 4x4 course which is free as well, really good fun and you can bypass the queues at the main gate !

Mister2.2
11th July 2017, 07:02 PM
[QUOTE=tommundy;178578]Tickets Being Collected at Silverstone Woodlands
Tommy - coverco
Anthony - Gilles27
Dan - Sillyhatday
David - Mister 2.2

coverco
11th July 2017, 07:53 PM
Have you got Anthony or my mobile number David?

tommundy
12th July 2017, 07:22 AM
Tommy - coverco
Anthony - Gilles27
Dan - Sillyhatday
David - Mister 2.2

Mister2.2
12th July 2017, 02:56 PM
Yes thanks, I'll be in touch for recharging. See you there.

coverco
12th July 2017, 04:09 PM
:thumbup:

Wi11iAMR2
15th July 2017, 05:16 PM
Tom, I've just read the posts about the tickets. If you haven't posted ours out yet we'll be happy to collect them from you at Woodlands too.
Thanks, Bill & Mike

tommundy
15th July 2017, 05:21 PM

Tommy - coverco
Anthony - Gilles27
Dan - Sillyhatday
David - Mister 2.2
Bill and Mike - Wi11iAMR2
Graham - Lakelad

tommundy
15th July 2017, 05:21 PM
Tom, I've just read the posts about the tickets. If you haven't posted ours out yet we'll be happy to collect them from you at Woodlands too.
Thanks, Bill & MikeNot received them yet, so no problem. :+:

Cheers,
Tom

coverco
15th July 2017, 05:55 PM
Watching the F1 qualifying earlier today and they showed a helicopter view of Woodlands, I am really getting in the mood for the Classic now :D

coverco
17th July 2017, 06:18 PM
According to the Silverstone Classic website we are in area Green 15 which is at the Brooklands end of the Wellington straight. I think we were in area Grey 13 last year which is just next to Green 15.

Shaner
17th July 2017, 10:26 PM

Tommy - coverco
Anthony - Gilles27
Dan - Sillyhatday
David - Mister 2.2
Graham - Lakelad

Hi Tom,

I'm not camping, but am staying nearby.

I could potentially pick my tickets up from you on Thursday night - but I'd probably need to meet you outside the campsite somewhere.

Alternatively, I could meet you on Friday morning outside the venue?

If you don't have the tickets yet, then I don't think there will be time to post them to me - I'm leaving Dublin on the Tuesday morning (25th), to catch the ferry to Holyhead.

I've also verbally committed to selling my spare ticket to Belgibrit - so I still have to arrange how to get this ticket to him as well.

Let me know what you think is best.

Shane.

tommundy
18th July 2017, 07:30 AM
According to the Silverstone Classic website we are in area Green 15 which is at the Brooklands end of the Wellington straight. I think we were in area Grey 13 last year which is just next to Green 15.
Yep, a good spot I reckon.

Can anyone remember if this area was hard standing or grass? From Google Maps, it looks like sand, which doesn't help us tell either way.

We're bang next to the Jaguar experience, so should get a good amount of foot fall to our stand also. :)

tommundy
18th July 2017, 07:33 AM
Hi Tom,

I'm not camping, but am staying nearby.

I could potentially pick my tickets up from you on Thursday night - but I'd probably need to meet you outside the campsite somewhere.

Alternatively, I could meet you on Friday morning outside the venue?

If you don't have the tickets yet, then I don't think there will be time to post them to me - I'm leaving Dublin on the Tuesday morning (25th), to catch the ferry to Holyhead.

I've also verbally committed to selling my spare ticket to Belgibrit - so I still have to arrange how to get this ticket to him as well.

Let me know what you think is best.

Shane.

Hi Shane,

Tickets not arrived yet, so Thursday night would be much better for me. I don't mind meeting you outside of the campsite barriers. :+:

PM me if you don't still have my mobile number.

Looking forward to having you over again.

Cheers,
Tom

tommundy
18th July 2017, 07:34 AM

Tommy - coverco
Anthony - Gilles27
Dan - Sillyhatday
David - Mister 2.2
Graham - Lakelad
Shane - Shaner

coverco
18th July 2017, 07:46 AM
We're bang next to the Jaguar experience, so should get a good amount of foot fall to our stand also. :)

Although the smell of burning rubber may be a bit distracting :p

tommundy
18th July 2017, 07:50 AM
Although the smell of burning rubber may be a bit distracting :p
That and the tyres screeching! :lol:

coverco
18th July 2017, 07:53 AM
That and the tyres screeching! :lol:

Drifting in an F Type was great fun though, highly recommended :thumbup:

tommundy
18th July 2017, 06:54 PM
Right, it's confirmed that we're on grass, which is always nicer.

Also, call it a coincidence, but 10 minutes after chasing up where the tickets were today, I got a despatch notification for them. I should therefore have them by Thursday, and so will have them sent out by the end of the weekend. :+:

Cheers,
Tom

Sillyhatday
18th July 2017, 07:29 PM
Figured it out. I did ask a silly question that I've answered myself. Looks like really nice place to park up :)

Shaner
18th July 2017, 10:28 PM
Hi Shane,

Tickets not arrived yet, so Thursday night would be much better for me. I don't mind meeting you outside of the campsite barriers. :+:

PM me if you don't still have my mobile number.

Looking forward to having you over again.

Cheers,
Tom

Hi Tom,

If your mobile number hasn't changed since two years ago - then I still have it! Will send you a quick text to confirm anyway.

I'm not sure what time I'll be getting to Silverstone at on Thursday evening yet - what time will you be at the campsite from approximately?

Shane.

Wi11iAMR2
20th July 2017, 01:08 PM
Hi Guys, quick question.

Is it worth us bringing the club fire-pit, will we be allowed to use it and if so there's not much wood lying around 'woodlands' site, is there? :confused:

Bill

tommundy
20th July 2017, 01:25 PM
Hi Tom,

If your mobile number hasn't changed since two years ago - then I still have it! Will send you a quick text to confirm anyway.

I'm not sure what time I'll be getting to Silverstone at on Thursday evening yet - what time will you be at the campsite from approximately?

Shane.
Still the same mobile number, yep, but didn't receive your test text?

I'm hoping to get to the campsite for around 5pm. :+:

tommundy
20th July 2017, 01:26 PM
Hi Guys, quick question.

Is it worth us bringing the club fire-pit, will we be allowed to use it and if so there's not much wood lying around 'woodlands' site, is there? :confused:

Bill
Fire pits are a no go unfortunately. :(

You can have a BBQ, so long as it's raised off the ground.

Hope that helps.

Wi11iAMR2
20th July 2017, 01:32 PM
Thought so but just thought I'd ask, Ta

coverco
20th July 2017, 06:16 PM
Firepit will not be needed Bill, we have central heating if it is cold :D

Wi11iAMR2
21st July 2017, 02:51 PM
Show off! We'll have some firewater instead :p
Firepit will not be needed Bill, we have central heating if it is cold :D

tommundy
22nd July 2017, 12:51 PM
Game on!

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2017/07/241b51b48b749ee999b0b977f719e322-1.jpg

They'll be in the post first class this afternoon. :)

Cheers,
Tom

coverco
22nd July 2017, 01:23 PM
Ooooh exciting :D

Sillyhatday
22nd July 2017, 01:33 PM
Excellent. See you on Thursday. Think were getting there about 3 - 4PM

coverco
22nd July 2017, 05:45 PM
Hopefully we will be meeting at the Watford Gap services around 1pm. Anthony and I are hoping to hit the M1 at Jnct 37 around 11am so we should be at Watford Gap around 1pm. It is another 30 to 40 minutes to Silverstone from there, so McDonalds lunch and head to Silverstone for around 2 or 3pm. Are you joining us Graham, Gary and Bill?

Lakelad
22nd July 2017, 07:35 PM
Hopefully we will be meeting at the Watford Gap services around 1pm. Anthony and I are hoping to hit the M1 at Jnct 37 around 11am so we should be at Watford Gap around 1pm. It is another 30 to 40 minutes to Silverstone from there, so McDonalds lunch and head to Silverstone for around 2 or 3pm. Are you joining us Graham, Gary and Bill?I will meet you at Watford Gap at 1pm - sounds like a plan.

Sent from my K109 using Tapatalk

mk1 dal
22nd July 2017, 07:43 PM
See you all at Watford Gap at 1pm :thumbup: roll on Thursday

coverco
22nd July 2017, 09:00 PM
Excellent, Anthony is bringing his car so Sonia will be towing the caravan, we all have each others mobiles so any problems we will be able to contact each other :D
I will give Bill a call just to see if he can make it and let you know, fingers crossed.
Roll on Thursday :thumbup:

Lakelad
22nd July 2017, 09:08 PM
Excellent, Anthony is bringing his car so Sonia will be towing the caravan, we all have each others mobiles so any problems we will be able to contact each other :D
I will give Bill a call just to see if he can make it and let you know, fingers crossed.
Roll on Thursday :thumbup:

In have sent 'new' Bill a message asking him if he would like to meet at Watford Gap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coverco
22nd July 2017, 09:13 PM
Everyone is welcome to meet at Watford Gap, it is easy to convoy in together and we can all camp together. Anthony and I are on ehu so have to arrive together.

coverco
23rd July 2017, 11:29 AM
To all those who have not been to the Classic before please come and see us on the Thursday night for a few beers. We have electric hook up and are happy to charge phones or anything else. Also it is useful to be prepared as there is so much to do at the show, Friday tends to be the quietest day so you need to take advantage of the smaller queues at certain things. Getting to the wing is easy if you know how but it took me 3 years to find out how :p
The 4x4 experience is great but it is not well signposted and the Jaguar drifting is great. The drifting is very close to our stand so should be easy to find. It is well worth buying a program and ear radios as they make the races much more followable (not sure that is a word lol). The programs are massive and have so much useful information in them. Security is supposed to be more stringent this year so there may be queues on the gates but hopefully not too bad.
Anyway enough waffle but please do try to get to either Gary, Tom and Grahams camp or Anthony and my camp to meet up :D

Gilles27
23rd July 2017, 02:59 PM
Security is supposed to be more stringent this year so there may be queues on the gates but hopefully not too bad.

There were no queues at the Grand Prix. They seemed to check about 1 bag in 5. Looking forward to heading back again soon!

coverco
23rd July 2017, 03:27 PM
There were no queues at the Grand Prix. They seemed to check about 1 bag in 5. Looking forward to heading back again soon!

Good to know, I got an email from Silverstone to say there would be armed police and more checks but if the Grand Prix was OK the classic will be fine. Are you OK for hitting the M1 around 11am, well Sonia really because we will be slower than you in your MR2 :p

Gilles27
23rd July 2017, 03:34 PM
Are you OK for hitting the M1 around 11am, well Sonia really because we will be slower than you in your MR2 :p
Yep!

Lakelad
24th July 2017, 06:54 PM
It look like I have two spare tickets for Friday and Sunday - a friend was coming for the weekend can now only makes Saturday so if anyone can use them let me know.

Wi11iAMR2
24th July 2017, 07:57 PM
Right, just spoken to Graham, all sorted and we'll see you at Watford Gap, 13.00

Bill

coverco
24th July 2017, 08:16 PM
Right, just spoken to Graham, all sorted and we'll see you at Watford Gap, 13.00

Bill

Great news Bill, looking forward to meeting you :D
Just been loading the camper and turned on the fridge, not sure if 40 cans of Strongbow will be enough :o

Wi11iAMR2
24th July 2017, 08:30 PM
Great news Bill, looking forward to meeting you :D
Just been loading the camper and turned on the fridge, not sure if 40 cans of Strongbow will be enough :o

Only 40?

coverco
24th July 2017, 08:34 PM
Yeah you might be right Bill, I have 6 bottles of red wine as well and a bottle of Fireball whiskey.... oh and 4 cans of pop, might have overdone the pop :D

tommundy
25th July 2017, 07:08 AM

Remember Tommy, the MR2 Mk1 Club supports responsible drinking. :lol:

See you all Thursday! :D

Gilles27
25th July 2017, 10:35 AM
The MR2 Mk1 Club supports responsible drinking.
In that case I would like to tender my resignation! ;)

tommundy
25th July 2017, 10:36 AM
In that case I would like to tender my resignation! ;)
Hehe, I try to lead by example. ;)

coverco
25th July 2017, 03:20 PM
I was just checking on the dog Tom :D

coverco
26th July 2017, 10:23 AM
The weather forecast is not looking great, should make for some great track action though :+:

I might have to turn the central heating up :D

Gilles27
26th July 2017, 12:27 PM
Tommy, we're dropping pets off at various places tomorrow so going in convoy from 11 won't work. We'll be at Watford Gap for 1 pm though

coverco
26th July 2017, 02:27 PM
Tommy, we're dropping pets off at various places tomorrow so going in convoy from 11 won't work. We'll be at Watford Gap for 1 pm though

No problem mate, we might see you on the M1 but you will have to push it to keep up with the mighty Hymer :D

I need to fill up with diesel so will drop in to Silkstone garage before setting off. There are quite a few people meeting at Watford gap so we will probably not get away until 1.30 or 2pm anyway. Gary reckons the spray on the motorway might be bad so speeds will be steady anyway.

tommundy
27th July 2017, 02:59 PM
All packed up and ready to go!

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2017/07/19aba3480f44f651726265e5c9ea60a9-1.jpg

Lologee
27th July 2017, 04:38 PM
I really hope the weather is better at Silverstone!!!!http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2017/07/8293f096df7407ab3604e2d21a1b47d2-1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sillyhatday
27th July 2017, 05:59 PM
Looking forward to seeing your hair cut Tom :D

tommundy
27th July 2017, 07:51 PM
Glorious!

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2017/07/15e479eb5f70db4d6f9308caf38f5be0-1.jpg

Master-B
27th July 2017, 09:50 PM
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2017/07/b95efa70e631f60fe6aca234652f6a45-1.jpg

My favorite view at woodlands. Nothing says motorsport better than bright yellow bog cubicle doors [emoji1]

Have a great time

Martin42006
27th July 2017, 10:32 PM
Wish i could have made it this year but so much to do. Hope you all have a great time maybe next year will be less manic.

Sillyhatday
28th July 2017, 05:07 AM
Sampling those doors this morning :rolleyes:

Gilles27
28th July 2017, 11:32 AM

tommundy
29th July 2017, 07:28 PM
Silverstone crew!

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2017/07/02cd4cb51a5cf6218b792f953bd8bd11-1.jpg

Vistalite
29th July 2017, 07:56 PM
Great pic Tom, looks like you're all having a great time.

Jonathan

Lakelad
30th July 2017, 08:52 AM
We have put in a request to Tom that this might be useful for next year as the club van http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2017/07/22dda1d5f16b283213dbc6b155ff72c4-1.jpg

Crossle
30th July 2017, 10:19 AM
Sorry for the let down on my part for the second year running. I booked my holiday right over the top of the weekend lol. My Dad bought my car on my behalf yesterday but he had a hospitality suite so would imagine he left the car on the pitch and buggered off up there for the day.

Extremely sad to be selling mine. I've tried every way possible to keep it but we are the agonising 5k short of getting on the property ladder so its got to go. So sad to sell it that I'm going to pass it on to my Dad to sell for me as I won't be able to bare completing the sale. On the plus side I don't physically need the money until October so not going to rush to list it. There will have been a for sale sign on it there yesterday just because it seemed silly to miss the opportunity

tommundy
31st July 2017, 02:54 PM
I'll post up a more comprehensive post at the weekend as I'm currently whizzing through Germany on a train for work, which is rather weird after spending 3 1/2 days at Silverstone.

Thank you to all of those that brought cars, provided camper hospitality, conversation, laughs and assistance on the stand.

The weather held up during the days most of the time, if not a bit breezy, but the evenings were pretty horrible. Nevertheless, we made the most of it and had a cracking time.

Thanks to Tommy (coverco) for helping me sort the welding on my exhaust bracket at the last moment. Silverstone is the sort of event that encourages you to make the effort, even if that means me being underneath the car at 10:30pm last Wednesday night, haha.

Cheers again.

Chairman Tom

coverco
31st July 2017, 03:29 PM
Was your exhaust OK mate? Great weekend apart from the weather, it really is useful having a couple of camper vans at the event :D
The cars were excellent this year, 120 McClarens on the track and Mansells old Williams at full speed down the international straight were highlights for me. The groups were really good as well, we watched The Who tribute, The Bootleg Beatles, Dire Straits experience and Tony Hadley, we did get very wet but they were all very entertaining. I think this event just gets better every year!

Sillyhatday
31st July 2017, 03:57 PM
Once again Tom thanks for organising the event. I really appreciated that you used my picture in the program, even if it's so small. I'll be first to get my name down for next year.

I need to do some more sitting down next time and not spend all day walking around. By three in the afternoon we were exhausted. Once again falling asleep with a glass of whiskey, before the evening music had even started!

Highlights for me were watching the Lotus Cortinas and Minis racing together. The Mini's were on three wheels pretty much all the time! Getting to stand in a small room with the Williams F1 car while the engineers revved it's nuts off :o Along with seeing 50 XJ220s lined up together, something I'll never see again.

Your a credit to the club Tom. Here's some of my pictures from it all. There's hundreds I've yet to sort through.

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2017/07/35437528374_03c9f541b9_b-1.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/VZuAyw)
MR2 Stand (https://flic.kr/p/VZuAyw) by Dan Simpson (https://www.flickr.com/photos/128984231@N08/), on Flickr

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2017/07/36269565795_9b30d372b9_b-1.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Xg21ii)
MR2 Stand (https://flic.kr/p/Xg21ii) by Dan Simpson (https://www.flickr.com/photos/128984231@N08/), on Flickr

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2017/07/36269583085_0985ceb12c_b-1.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Xg26rp)
MR2 Stand (https://flic.kr/p/Xg26rp) by Dan Simpson (https://www.flickr.com/photos/128984231@N08/), on Flickr

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2017/07/35437605654_cb2c2305f6_b-1.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/VZuZwW)
MR2 Stand (https://flic.kr/p/VZuZwW) by Dan Simpson (https://www.flickr.com/photos/128984231@N08/), on Flickr

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2017/07/36136619811_1b09c9dbd0_b-1.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/X4gC6a)
MR2 Stand (https://flic.kr/p/X4gC6a) by Dan Simpson (https://www.flickr.com/photos/128984231@N08/), on Flickr

Lakelad
31st July 2017, 09:01 PM
Once again a great weekend. Great company as always so a big thanks to all especially Gary, Bill and Mike who bore the brunt of my company! Thanks to Tom as always for getting us all organised and good to catch up with Lois as well. Sorry I did not manage to have a jar with Tommy and Carolyn and Sonya and the girls - thought we had missed a natter with Anthony but he turned up with beer on Sunday evening and we had a good catch up.

Dan is correct there is loads to see that you end up spoilt for choice and what's that about drinking in the afternoon!

Already looking forward to 2018!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Sillyhatday
1st August 2017, 05:46 PM
My favourite one of our cars so far :D

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2017/08/36125978802_ee4d3b809f_b-1.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/X3k5Tu)
MR2 Stand (https://flic.kr/p/X3k5Tu) by Dan Simpson (https://www.flickr.com/photos/128984231@N08/), on Flickr

And one of those crazy Jags!

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2017/08/36291888675_eca1823f3d_b-1.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/XhZq7x)
Jaguar Experiance (https://flic.kr/p/XhZq7x) by Dan Simpson (https://www.flickr.com/photos/128984231@N08/), on Flickr

Gilles27
2nd August 2017, 10:36 PM
Was a really fun weekend. Here's some of my pictures.

This miniature Tyrell was on the campsite.

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2017/08/09c1bcd51cdd949d28522d73c5aea3b3-1.jpg
Not all the cars were old. The Honda NSX club were next to us and had this on their stand.
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2017/08/14a4675c3703eadfce236c58767886c8-1.jpg
But a lot of the cars were old, and beautiful!

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2017/08/6ff28afcc508709c20220a0c5eb5181e-1.jpghttp://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2017/08/3da8c73b95f4fd4c2a1f6b1c1a780b8e-1.jpghttp://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2017/08/df57e3cd0b0e00d6fad8dc8228a6105b-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2017/08/a5238e7ea23af25739bcef4989a5a30e-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2017/08/2c9f38203f6d5f5000e845fe32759a14-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2017/08/cd7878f5dd0a205ed44fcf07be01ef3c-1.jpghttp://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2017/08/8932e77a23357f179234d8c8e73119e8-1.jpg
There was a celebrity race. One of the competitors was Howard Donald who the commentator described as "the drummer from Take That"!
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2017/08/f93d02673b398c606e71d40dadbabc08-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2017/08/204a2233a6fabdfcb99469ee5574a8f0-1.jpg
The floor in the pit garages was still painted from when the F1 had been here 2 weeks ago. Here's the Haas garage.
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2017/08/d5d91ce9c0c6cc347cbd1e73f18bcb85-1.jpg
Nigel Mansell's Williams had some wheels missing.
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2017/08/a33c7d19895dde1796c54624de78742f-1.jpg
This Williams had more than enough wheels.
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2017/08/b26a1a44545bbdeb71ef2323c67ba35d-1.jpg
My wife's friend told us that her husband was racing. This is him.
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2017/08/ba93f8d05b3cfcc57f8211dd27378354-1.jpg

Lologee
2nd August 2017, 10:38 PM
My favourite one of our cars so far :D

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2017/08/36125978802_ee4d3b809f_b-1.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/X3k5Tu)
MR2 Stand (https://flic.kr/p/X3k5Tu) by Dan Simpson (https://www.flickr.com/photos/128984231@N08/), on Flickr

And one of those crazy Jags!

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2017/08/36291888675_eca1823f3d_b-1.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/XhZq7x)
Jaguar Experiance (https://flic.kr/p/XhZq7x) by Dan Simpson (https://www.flickr.com/photos/128984231@N08/), on FlickrLove you photo of the MR2s [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Gilles27
3rd August 2017, 05:07 PM
Here's some of the F1 cars on the main straight.

https://youtu.be/8Gbk04CZNCA

Mister2.2
6th August 2017, 03:14 PM
A big thank you to everyone for making my son and I so welcome. Special thanks to Tom for organising the event and to Anthony and Tommy for there hospitality and for recharging my respirator battery. See you next year, David and Paul.

tommundy
8th August 2017, 06:48 PM
** NEWS **

Highlights of this years Silverstone Classic will be on ITV4 at 8pm on Thursday 10th August! :D

tommundy
1st October 2017, 11:14 AM
Full highlights here! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlu3rhfzD0E