PDA

View Full Version : Silverstone Classic

Philbar
2nd January 2017, 07:30 PM
Happy New Year all,

Just wondering if the club will be attending this Silverstone Classic this year, looked around the forum but can't see anything. Just so I can book sometime off make sure can make it.

Thanks

Phil

Vistalite
2nd January 2017, 09:09 PM
The official event website indicates it's 28th - 30th July, and its something the club usually attends.

Tom will no doubt be along shortly to verify this.

tommundy
3rd January 2017, 09:45 AM
Happy New Year all!

Jah, we're attending! I should be posting up details by mid-January once I have pricing etc. :)

Gilles27
3rd January 2017, 10:14 AM
We loved it last year, but decided to do the Grand Prix this year instead. Over Christmas we had a chat and are now doing both!

tommundy
3rd January 2017, 10:17 AM
We loved it last year, but decided to do the Grand Prix this year instead. Over Christmas we had a chat and are now doing both!
Sounds like a productive chat! :)

Philbar
3rd January 2017, 12:33 PM
Good stuff Tom :D,

This year is going to be a busy one as doing the Spa Summer Classic - as its still free to enter - and all being well the Zandvoort Historic Grand Prix (http://historicgrandprix.nl/english/)

coverco
3rd January 2017, 03:40 PM
Can we camp together again, your enormous lit erection really helped us find our van (can't beat a good double entendre :-))

Gilles27
3rd January 2017, 04:19 PM
Can we camp together again, your enormous lit erection really helped us find our van (can't beat a good double entendre :-))

Yes we can certainly camp together, although I have bad news on the erection front. A windy day in East Yorkshire caused it to shatter - must be an age thing! I'll try to get it up using a splint and some tape. :-?

coverco
3rd January 2017, 04:39 PM
Yes we can certainly camp together, although I have bad news on the erection front. A windy day in East Yorkshire caused it to shatter - must be an age thing! I'll try to get it up using a splint and some tape. :-?

It's a date then, sorry to hear about your misfortune mate they are just not made to last forever!
Carolyn was very impressed with yours so I have been looking at getting my own but there is so much choice, I will keep looking though. Are the telescopic ones any good?

Gilles27
3rd January 2017, 04:58 PM
This is what I had. I went for the 10m one. To be fair the wind was pretty extreme and it had 2 big flags on it: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Telescopic-poles-for-flag-pole-wind-socks-in-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-mtr-lengths-/360809904708?var=&hash=item5401f23a44

Sillyhatday
4th January 2017, 05:02 PM
I've been looking forward to this event again this year

I saw all of the MR2s last year. At the time I was in the market for some kind of fun car. I think seeing all these tidy examples swayed me to the MR2.

Excited to go with my own classic now :)

tommundy
5th January 2017, 01:10 PM
Got the joining pack through last night, so I'll put together a thread over the weekend, woo, woo! :D

Lakelad
6th January 2017, 10:28 PM
Dates booked off work already and looking forward to a great weekend.

Sillyhatday
7th January 2017, 04:34 PM
Got the joining pack through last night, so I'll put together a thread over the weekend, woo, woo! :D

Looking forward to getting this booked. I'll be booking time off next week.

Next thing is I need to figure out how to go camping in an MR2. Pack light!

tommundy
7th January 2017, 10:03 PM
Just pack smart. You can fit loads in! :-D

tommundy
9th January 2017, 09:56 AM
Just a quick update.

For those of you that I'm not friends with on Facebook, I've been chasing a leak in my kitchen this weekend, pulling down ceiling etc., so will get the thread posted up tonight hopefully. :)

Sillyhatday
9th January 2017, 04:53 PM
Looking forward to it!

Just took the days off. Going to see how much camping equipment I can fit in an MR2 later on. Excited much :D

tommundy
9th January 2017, 05:29 PM
Looking forward to it!

Just took the days off. Going to see how much camping equipment I can fit in an MR2 later on. Excited much :D
You can make good use of the space behind the seats by putting your camping chairs, table, cooker etc. there. :+:

tommundy
9th January 2017, 06:12 PM
Official thread here now:

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread.php?17765-**-Save-the-Date!-**-Silverstone-Classic-2017-28th-to-30th-July-2017

:D :D :D

Cheers,
Tom