PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Black Country

SarAW11
12th December 2016, 08:19 AM
Hi everyone I have just joined up as I put a post on your facebook page and had some really helpful comments. I'm Sarah and have inherited an 85 plate Sherwood Toning with 33K on the clock. My Nan recently passed away and bought it from brand new, it was her pride and joy and has been well looked after. Due to ill health she had to SORN her little MR2 for 10 years but has been kept safe and sound in her garage so is in good condition :)

We are getting the MR2 trailered up to our local garage tomorrow as she will need a lot of TLC to get her running. I know my Nan would be happy that her pride and joy is being restored and kept in the family as I am not planning to sell her!! :cool:

I have a modified Focus ST and love cars and I'm looking forward to working on a classic motor as well, very excited :crazy:

Boondougal
12th December 2016, 09:11 AM
Seen your car on your other post... you have a very nice example there and i'm sure you will do your nan proud in restoring it.

Plenty of help on here form loads of knowledgeable people (not me) so i'm sure you get even more help if needed.

mikeaw11
12th December 2016, 10:17 AM
Hi All, i am new to the club as well and Sarah's husband. Been on the facebook group a while now since we found out we were getting the MR2. I am looking forward to working with Sarah getting the car looking good and driving well. My other car is just a Ford Kuga but i have owned many Ford ST models and Suburu Imprezza, my first Toyota though and looking forward to learning about the car.;)

Gilles27
12th December 2016, 01:53 PM
Hello! Hope you get the car all sorted and ready for Spring. Then you can join us on a run. Have a look at the list here: http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread.php?17717-2017-north-west&p=175153#post175153

You're not quite in the North-West, but some of the runs aren't too far from you.

SarAW11
12th December 2016, 02:36 PM

She's on her way up to us :grin:

SarAW11
12th December 2016, 02:40 PM
Thanks Gilles27 :D

superwhite90
12th December 2016, 03:17 PM
Hi everyone I have just joined up as I put a post on your facebook page and had some really helpful comments. I'm Sarah and have inherited an 85 plate Sherwood Toning with 33K on the clock. My Nan recently passed away and bought it from brand new, it was her pride and joy and has been well looked after. Due to ill health she had to SORN her little MR2 for 10 years but has been kept safe and sound in her garage so is in good condition :)

We are getting the MR2 trailered up to our local garage tomorrow as she will need a lot of TLC to get her running. I know my Nan would be happy that her pride and joy is being restored and kept in the family as I am not planning to sell her!! :cool:

I have a modified Focus ST and love cars and I'm looking forward to working on a classic motor as well, very excited :crazy:

Very different to a Focus :)

coverco
12th December 2016, 04:52 PM
Hi and welcome to the club. The Facebook site called The MR2 MK1 club is actually nothing to do with this MK1 club though :o

Looking at the picture of your car the bodywork looks great, this is the main problem on MK1s. Mechanically they are normally pretty good, it should not take too much to get your car roadworthy :p

Sillyhatday
12th December 2016, 07:15 PM
Your car already looks superb. I'm sure to just get it rolling, will not take much effort. I look forward to seeing a proper project thread for another sherwood toning MK1 :D