PDA

View Full Version : Back after a hiatus

Monkeymax
15th November 2016, 12:43 AM
Hi all,
Some of you know me, many probably don't. I was more actively involved in the MR2 scene a number of years back. Then, I wasn't. :)

I've had my red Mk1 for just over 10 years now. Her and I first saw each other over 20 years ago though. She's not a show-winner but I still love her.
Since first buying Aiko, I've actually owned 3 other MR2s (each a different story) but they've come & gone and she's stayed.

Deciding to finally sort out some issues the MR2 has, I also decided it was time to get a little more involved again. Not hugely, but at least enough to catch up with old friends again.

I also figured, if I'm going to post back here again, I may as well reintroduce myself!

coverco
15th November 2016, 08:22 AM
Welcome back Max, the forum is not as active as it was in the past. I guess a single marque club is always going to have a finite life, however the events scene is still very good. Silverstone Classic is our big event and if you get a chance I highly recommend it, great cars, good groups and loads to see and do.

Sillyhatday
15th November 2016, 09:25 AM
Welcome back. Only just getting involved myself.

Just been poking about your profile to see your MR2. Some stunning pictures there. Looks like a great car

Monkeymax
15th November 2016, 09:44 AM
Hi Both!
Yes, Tommy; I've noticed all the forums are a lot quieter than they used to be. I guess that's inevitable, even if only because of the dwindling number of cars.
Good to hear the events are still going strong! I've been to Silverstone classic 6 times (4 times with the club). This year I decided to go to the Goodwood Revival instead; living much closer and never having been it made more sense!

James, thanks for that. That was her in her prime. :) I'm hoping to get her back at that level or better soon. I have a nice photo from France from more recent years with a bunch of kids around it too - I should probably upload that. I forget how novel a car like this is still can be here where it was sold, but in France it's really rare! :)

superwhite90
15th November 2016, 11:09 AM
I remember you Max ;)

Monkeymax
15th November 2016, 11:16 AM
Oh... Drat. :lol:

tommundy
15th November 2016, 01:07 PM
Welcome back Max!

Looking forward to the updates on your car and having you around again. :) :+:

Sweetpea
16th November 2016, 01:27 PM
Don't know if you remember me but it's good to see you back!
James

Monkeymax
16th November 2016, 04:33 PM
Hi James! (Waves) Yes, I remember your username from a few years back!