PDA

View Full Version : 20V throttle body

Monkeymax
15th November 2016, 12:28 AM
Many years ago (well, nearly 9 years ago in fact) I first heard a 4AGE engine with ITBs. I fell in love with the sound. It was amazing. I wanted that sound.
Just under a year later, after some scouring online, I managed to source myself the intake from an AE101 engine. I had wanted one that was clean and which I knew the throttle position sensor worked. I imported it from Japan.

I subsequently managed to source some trumpets for it. They are the red anodised ones from Techno Toy Tuning. I bought them second hand as, when I was doing a purchase from TTT, they were out of the red ones. And I like red. Sadly they arrived with some scratches on them (you can see these in the photos). They're not perfect, but still pretty.

I did buy a couple of other bits including an adapter to bolt this onto the MR2 4AGE. I even did a dummy fit to a spare head I had, but I never fit these parts to an actual running engine.

Sadly life got in the way, and other projects came up. It's a long and boring story, but leads to me still thinking about fitting ITBs to my car, but not being able to beard as much as I used to. However, I currently live in a teeny tiny flat, and my MR2 bits have been spread between a shed and storage. I came across these and many other parts in the storage unit and have decided I need to clear the unit out, so I've decided if I haven't fit them by now, maybe I won't ever. Maybe someone else should try it (and hopefully I'll still get to hear them running one day).

Now, the good news is that since I bought these, they've been indoors or in the storage unit (which is surprisingly well temperature controlled and very dry). They've also been wrapped up. So they're used, but in good condition. I haven't tested the TPS since the inlet plenum arrived from Japan in 2008, but it was working as far as I could tell with my voltmeter back then.

The bad news is that although I made up an adapter to the MR2 engine, it was pretty awful. I'm no expert parts fabricator. I decided to buy one from TTT as mentioned earlier. Sadly someone decided I no longer needed the parts box they were taking care of for me (based on some rusty bits on top). Guess what was in the parts box? Yep. As well as some nice valve springs and Toda cams...

I'm selling throttle body and trumpets as a set. I have another set of cams I'm debating selling too, but that's a harder talk I have to have with myself.
I don't really know what these are worth. They don't come up often. I'd like £300 but I understand that's dependent on interest. I can post them if need be.

I'm advertising them here for a week. If there's no interest, I'll start putting them up on other forums.

pistol pete
2nd January 2017, 10:49 PM
Whats needed to make these work on a 4age?

superwhite90
3rd January 2017, 04:52 PM
standalone? megasquirt?

Monkeymax
11th March 2017, 12:45 AM
I have a Dastek Unichip I was gonna use for it or I was going to put together another MegaSquirt... Either should do.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

Monkeymax
11th March 2017, 12:46 AM
(Sorry, didn't get an update to this earlier!)
I wrote a PM reply to someone about what's needed. I'll copy that here when I'm at a computer

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk