PDA

View Full Version : Project Car Wanted

Donesy
5th November 2016, 12:25 PM
HI Everyone,

I've just posted this is in introductions but I thought I'd put it here too. I cant seem to start a thread in classifieds for some reason.

I've got a motorsport itch that needs scratching so I've been thinking of buying a Mk1 for a few years now for use in the mk1 championship or maybe/probably a rally car and I'ts finally starting to look like I might have some budget to go racing with by next year. So I thought I'd join the club with a view to finding the right base vehicle in the next few months.

If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great. I'm probably going to need a 1B (the later the better) sunroof/solidroof (if the solid roof ones even exist in the UK). I dont want to buy anything that would be shame to take off the road, so if it's had multiple owners, plenty of miles, a bit of work done and the interior is scruffy that's fine all fine as long it not completely rotten. I weld for a living so it's the time I'm afraid of losing rather than the cash on a rotter. Budget is up to £1500 for the right car but a grand or less would be ideal.

I would definitely consider unfinished projects and rolling shells with a decent engine.

Great to meet you all:thumbup:

Dave