PDA

View Full Version : one MR2 Mk3 Roadster Rear wheel

Evo4Jon
1st September 2016, 12:22 AM
Hi

I am on the look out for an MR2 Mk3 Roadster 15" rear alloy wheel as one of the ones I bought as part of a set of 4 is cracked, so unsafe to use.

I am planning to refurb the set myself so it can be tatty - as long as its not damaged.

I live in Warrington so I ideally it would be handy if the wheel was located in the northwest as I could collect.

Cheers !

Johnso
2nd September 2016, 08:32 PM
There are a lot of not full sets of mk3 wheels on eBay. The sellers are often not clear what the actual wheel size is, so search for "mr2 wheels" and check the pictures for tyre sizes.

Evo4Jon
2nd September 2016, 09:28 PM
I bought the current set off ebay and the seller wasnt very accurate with describing the condition. I will keep looking on there for ones near me but I posted here incase there was one sitting in someones shed. Cheers for posting though

bill hulme
3rd September 2016, 07:37 AM
If you are interested you know I have a set for £100.00.

Evo4Jon
3rd September 2016, 03:01 PM
Thanks Bill.... I should have bought the set off you in the beginning but I had already bought the set I have currently.

I don't know what to do for the best... The current plan is to buy one wheel to make 4, then refurb the set of 4 and get decent tyres fitted... Originally the plan had been to get a set of reasonable wheels and tyres try them out on the car and then spruce them up a bit and experiment.

Its all gone a bit wrong and I only have enough paint for 4 wheels.

Are your wheels corroded / bubbling ? these ones were very bubbly and corroded until I sanded them. I would have been OK if I hadnt found the cracked wheel :(

Vistalite
3rd September 2016, 04:15 PM
There are a set of four rims that was posted on Gumtree a week ago located in Goldthorpe going for £40 if they're any good to you (assuming they're still available)?

The ad is titled 'Toyota mr2 alloys', advert ID 1184722868.

Jonathan

Evo4Jon
3rd September 2016, 05:40 PM
After a trip to barnsley and back it would prob end up being £65 and they look like they have lived in the sea ! I reckon I would need acid to get them prepp'ed

Thanks for looking for me though. Very kind of you !! :D