PDA

View Full Version : Greddy eManage for aw11

Evo4Jon
16th June 2016, 11:44 PM
I am looking to experiment with a Greddy eManage blue if anyone has one they would like to sell.

Thanks

superwhite90
17th June 2016, 11:39 AM
I've heard that the blue versions are crap for the 4AGE and the ultimate is the one to have.

Evo4Jon
17th June 2016, 10:05 PM
Yes I heard this, but then I wondered why ? I only want to trim fuel map and ignition. The Blue seems to be able to do this ? The Ultimate has more advanced featured like Autotune and stuff like VTEC adjustment for Honda's, Antilag / Launch control etc. I don't want any of the other stuff just to tune IGN and Injectors. I read that eManage doesn't like low impedance injectors - which our cars have, but MK1b has a ballast box which increases the impedance of the injectors, so I am a bit stumped as to the exact reasons why eManage Blue is no good ? If it can allow for ignition advance and retard at various loads and I can alter the fueling tables, which apparently it can, then I don't understand why its crap ?

I also don't want to have a blue box which is of no use to me and doesn't allow alteration of fuel and ignition maps.... No one seems to have a straight answer for this :confused:

The Ultimate is a piggyback like the Blue isn't it ?

superwhite90
18th June 2016, 10:02 AM
Yes I heard this, but then I wondered why ? I only want to trim fuel map and ignition. The Blue seems to be able to do this ? The Ultimate has more advanced featured like Autotune and stuff like VTEC adjustment for Honda's, Antilag / Launch control etc. I don't want any of the other stuff just to tune IGN and Injectors. I read that eManage doesn't like low impedance injectors - which our cars have, but MK1b has a ballast box which increases the impedance of the injectors, so I am a bit stumped as to the exact reasons why eManage Blue is no good ? If it can allow for ignition advance and retard at various loads and I can alter the fueling tables, which apparently it can, then I don't understand why its crap ?

I also don't want to have a blue box which is of no use to me and doesn't allow alteration of fuel and ignition maps.... No one seems to have a straight answer for this :confused:

The Ultimate is a piggyback like the Blue isn't it ?

I have an APEXI SAFC which gives you the ability to change the fuel ratios...

Evo4Jon
18th June 2016, 10:45 AM
I have an APEXI SAFC which gives you the ability to change the fuel ratios...

I used to have one of those, but I want the ability to alter ignition timing as well. When I mapped my Honda b16a2 engine on a Bosch dyno using original chipped ECU and CROME, I found that I could gain about 10hp from leaning off map and increasing ign timing over 6000 rpm providing I used Hi octane V power to stave off detonation. From research, I think there is as much as +5degs advance which can be added at the top of the 4A-GE and dropping fuelling from 0.81 lambda (11.9:1) to 0.88 (12.9:1) should give good gains. The 4A-GE over fuels to compensate for lower octane fuel and areas of the fuel map are far too rich considering the load at that point on the fuel map. Because the AW11 is not turbo powered then thermal build up doesn't happen to the extent it does on the turbo motors, but just to be sure I will fit an EGT gauge sender in the exhaust manifold once I have tuned it to ensure that the tune is not too lean but producing stable power. Throttle response should be excellent after I alter the IGN and INJ maps. I just want the challenge :)

superwhite90
20th June 2016, 02:42 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Greddy-Emanage-Blue-ECU-SW20-AW11-EP82-EP91-AE86-3SGTE-4AGE-4EFTE-MR2-Starlet-/131854047297?hash=item1eb31d1841:g:I8QAAOSwepJXZ98 0

Evo4Jon
20th June 2016, 09:34 PM
Just missed out on that !! Its sold.
Thanks for the heads up :)