PDA

View Full Version : Wanted mk1 supercharger

Knocker
1st May 2016, 07:08 PM
Hi just sold my Mk2 and looking for a supercharger, must be in really good condition with history, I have the funds for the right car in the best condition. Willing to travel based in South Wales. Thanks Graeme

mk1 dal
1st May 2016, 07:38 PM
Hi welcome to the club , i been Abergavenny once to buy a red Tbar very nice place i must return one day . Ive had a quick look and chargers are thin on the ground to buy at the moment but i did find this and it looks stunning . https://www.gumtree.com/p/toyota/supercharged-mr2-mk1-tintop-very-rare-/1167122117

Johnso
1st May 2016, 08:06 PM
Hi, there are a couple on eBay that are on their way from japan. A white manual Tbar and a blue auto.
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/1986-TOYOTA-MR-2-T-BAR-SUPER-CHARGER-INVESTABLE-CLASSIC-FRESH-IMPORT-/351721992489?nav=SEARCH

Boondougal
2nd May 2016, 09:53 AM
they do seem to be rising in price... quite tempted to get one really.

superwhite90
3rd May 2016, 08:24 AM
import one

Knocker
4th May 2016, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the replies the white manual is classed as a R which could mean repainted or repaired so keeping well away from that one. Please keep me updated if you here of one. Thanks

MylesHSG
4th May 2016, 07:07 PM
Best is to get one imported. Will be lower mileage and better condition than what you'll find over here.

adamstanford
4th May 2016, 08:42 PM
The white one has been repainted, it says that in the description. With a car of such age it's pretty common. Worth asking if he has images of this process if you think it may have been damaged.

Just making a point that if a repainted mk1 is a no no you may struggle unnecessarily to find a nice car.

Knocker
4th May 2016, 08:53 PM
I asked for further info and photos but they have sent no info up to now thanks

mr2stew
6th May 2016, 07:05 PM

hi I own the white and silver one on gumtree the guys over here no the car and can tell you that it is mint her first show in carling ford Ireland it won first prize and is in the mr2 mk1 Callander 08. Car is cared needless off cost give me a call will be happy to tell you all about the car the ones on eBay are no were near the condition off this one and my car has nearly every after market part available phone 07715857533

mr2stew
6th May 2016, 07:14 PM

sorry ment to say that the car has never Been damaged repainted due to paint fade i have photos to prove this before painting thanks stew

mk1 dal
7th May 2016, 10:56 PM
Fantastic car mate love it , i had a tin top charger and regret selling it . It was as clean as your car and rust free and why because it was a tin top with no silly drain tubes in to sills like for sun roof model and leaking t bars . The re paint wouldn't worry me if its been repaint the car was worth doing and spending money on . Good luck with the sale fantastic looking rare car .

mr2stew
8th May 2016, 08:53 PM
Fantastic car mate love it , i had a tin top charger and regret selling it . It was as clean as your car and rust free and why because it was a tin top with no silly drain tubes in to sills like for sun roof model and leaking t bars . The re paint wouldn't worry me if its been repaint the car was worth doing and spending money on . Good luck with the sale fantastic looking rare car .

thanks very much I am in to minds what to do every one who knows the car tells me I'm mad!! Selling it . But I have owned it 12years and fancy a change would love her to go to someone who will look after her and get the enjoyment out of her as I did thanks stew