PDA

View Full Version : Steam and Transport Festival - Easter Weekend 2016

Mosh
31st March 2016, 07:23 PM
So, where to start...... With Storm Katie making her presence known, and the A2 being closed between Dartford and Gravesend, things had been made a little trying to say the least. 6 Mk1s where set to attend, 5 of which got caught out by the above.
My wife Sarah and I are fortunate enough to live less than a 5 minute drive from the venue (Chatham Historic Dockyard) so despite the unpleasant/dangerous driving conditions we ventured out.

Sunday was pretty wet, but at least we got to test out my new T-bar seals! Although we did have to spend more time than we would have liked hiding from the rain. Despite this we had a good time and there wasn't a bad turn out in general.

Bank Holiday Monday was a little dryer :+: but the Storm has caused damage to the venue, so we all had to stay outside in the guest car park for almost an hour and a half while they made the show-ground safe. On the flip side we did manage to nip in at the front of the queue when they opened the gate, so we got a nice prominent spot on the show area. Once in, there was obviously far fewer exhibitors, probably due to the weather, and all the various classes of vehicle were condensed into one area.

We still had an enjoyable weekend, Mister 2 got some adoring looks from visitors, and we met some nice MR2 fans too!

Alan SE
1st April 2016, 01:19 PM
Well done for venturing out Alex, very brave of you and Sarah. I was one of the other 5 who didn't make it as the road and weather conditions were awful that weekend. We did start out on Sunday morning but the rain was so heavy we got soaked;- and we were still inside the car!! Thanks for the photos and look forward to meeting up with you soon.
Alan