PDA

View Full Version : Nice grey car..looks like a bargain

cchrysos
17th January 2016, 07:38 PM
My second favourite colour. Looks like a bargain too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1988-Toyota-MR2-Coupe-/172057860498?hash=item280f729992:g:7PEAAOSwKtlWksE Q

MylesHSG
17th January 2016, 10:38 PM
Nice find. Looks very clean and if he has actually done what he has said looks a good car. Near me too, might have to check this one out....when my employer finally pays me the £3000 they owe me!

cchrysos
17th January 2016, 10:45 PM
yes it does look great. good luck!

MylesHSG
17th January 2016, 10:55 PM
High mileage, but that suspension and brake work could ease any fears.

BTW you up near Saffron Walden? Saw a Mk1 there on New Years day when I was up visiting family.

jumpman33
18th January 2016, 09:21 AM
Listing ended, did you get this?

MylesHSG
18th January 2016, 11:37 AM
Seems like it went unsold. Still waiting for my employer to get their finger out there arse and pay me :D

Plus those wheels are awful :eek:

cchrysos
18th January 2016, 07:07 PM
Seems like it went unsold. Still waiting for my employer to get their finger out there arse and pay me :D

Plus those wheels are awful :eek:

If you are looking seriously, I think you may regret missing out on that one!

cchrysos
18th January 2016, 07:08 PM
High mileage, but that suspension and brake work could ease any fears.

BTW you up near Saffron Walden? Saw a Mk1 there on New Years day when I was up visiting family.

I'm not too far but that would not have been me. My car is in for restoration at the moment.
Hopefully you will see it around in the spring :-)

MylesHSG
18th January 2016, 07:49 PM
If you are looking seriously, I think you may regret missing out on that one!

Sent him an email via ebay asking if it was still for sale and if I could take a look this weekend with strong view to purchase, looks to good to turn down so can borrow the cash if needs be.

MylesHSG
18th January 2016, 08:46 PM
Sold :-:

cchrysos
18th January 2016, 09:01 PM
That's a shame. I had a feeling the buyer would have to move quick.
Good luck in finding one. I'll post if I see any more.

Vistalite
18th January 2016, 09:18 PM
This one is up for sale in the same colour, but may need a little more work: eBay item no. 161943798291

MylesHSG
18th January 2016, 09:49 PM
Yeah saw that as well. Obviously looking at photos is suspect, but going by them and the fact the seller says it needs attention draws red flags. It's sat outside for 6 months as well. Jumpman has one for sale, but with it being in Norwich i can't view it I'd have to go with intention of buying there and then.

Just wish I had £7000 to drop on this beast http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Mr2-Mk1-Supercharger-1987-/272104065312?hash=item3f5aaa8920:g:zukAAOSwCQNWfVB D

Vistalite
18th January 2016, 10:02 PM
What is important to remember is that when cars have been spotted for sale and listed on this forum, there are probably a few lurkers out there that are also looking for a car and pounce rather more quickly.

It's an annoying position to be in when you are not quite ready to buy or don't have available funds and see examples get snapped up, but be patient, something will crop up.

MylesHSG
18th January 2016, 10:13 PM
Exactly, but I'm in no 'desperate' need, I can wait for the right car to pop up. Still need to get my Rover ready for sale which will take at least a weekend of graft. Shame when one goes by, but that's life.

jumpman33
18th January 2016, 10:37 PM
Yeah saw that as well. Obviously looking at photos is suspect, but going by them and the fact the seller says it needs attention draws red flags. It's sat outside for 6 months as well. Jumpman has one for sale, but with it being in Norwich i can't view it I'd have to go with intention of buying there and then.

Just wish I had £7000 to drop on this beast http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Mr2-Mk1-Supercharger-1987-/272104065312?hash=item3f5aaa8920:g:zukAAOSwCQNWfVB D

You wouldn't be disappointed, just saying ;) .....Would love it to stay in the club to be looked after.

MylesHSG
18th January 2016, 11:13 PM
I'm sure I wouldn't....just a quick question do you have the stock gear knob?

jumpman33
19th January 2016, 09:46 AM
I'm sure I wouldn't....just a quick question do you have the stock gear knob?

Unfortunately not, came with a custom aluminium one, quickly swapped for a TRD one.

Alan SE
19th January 2016, 06:19 PM
Exactly, but I'm in no 'desperate' need, I can wait for the right car to pop up. Still need to get my Rover ready for sale which will take at least a weekend of graft. Shame when one goes by, but that's life.

Myles, I may know of a Helios Blue MK1 with sun roof that may be for sale in Chatham Kent if you're interested. I am seeing the owner next weekend. I'll ask him if he wants to sell it and let you know on this post. It has been in his garage for over 12 months. He doesn't use it as it is the 3rd MK1 he has so doesn't use it.

MylesHSG
19th January 2016, 06:38 PM
Myles, I may know of a Helios Blue MK1 with sun roof that may be for sale in Chatham Kent if you're interested. I am seeing the owner next weekend. I'll ask him if he wants to sell it and let you know on this post. It has been in his garage for over 12 months. He doesn't use it as it is the 3rd MK1 he has so doesn't use it.

Cheers Alan, that would be great appreciated.

Alan SE
1st February 2016, 01:16 PM
Myles, I may know of a Helios Blue MK1 with sun roof that may be for sale in Chatham Kent if you're interested. I am seeing the owner next weekend. I'll ask him if he wants to sell it and let you know on this post. It has been in his garage for over 12 months. He doesn't use it as it is the 3rd MK1 he has.

Myles,
Have you found a suitable Mk1 yet or are you still looking?