PDA

View Full Version : MR2 MK1b For Sale - Genuine 51k miles - stored for 20 years - beautiful original car

Bill the Badger
9th January 2016, 03:58 PM
I have decided to sell my MR2 :-)) Ive gotten back into motorbikes and theres not enough room in my garage for all my toys.

Its a genuine 3 owner car which was first registered in 1988. The second owner dry stored it for over 19 years waiting for when he retired and when he retired he bought a Morgan - he started it and ran it up and down his drive every month to keep it running. I bought it from him 3 years ago. Its been kept garaged all its life (except for the last 3months when its been evicted from my garage to make space for another motorbike).

About the car:-
- everything works (even the electric ariel) - i can't vouch for the cassette player because i don't have any cassettes any more
- its totally original (including the exhaust!) except for service items and: new windscreen, radiator and water pump (replaced with Toyota OE)
- Super bodywork and interior - as you would expect with such low mileage and enthusiast owners
- oil pressure, amps and water temperature are perfect
- never been welded or painted and as far as i can see rust free
- no advisories at the last MOT in June 2015
- I have had garages do:- new cam belt kit, water pump (OE), oil/filter service (x2), all brake pads changed, 4 new continental tyres, engine coolant changed (x2), transmission oil changed, brake and clutch fluid changed. I put a new HD battery with 4 yr guarantee on it in 2015 and also changed the air filter in 2013.
- It does not jump out of any gear or make any mechanical strange noises
- Bad points:- some light corrosion on the alloys and exhaust tail pipes, occasional speed related buzzing from the instrument binnacle and ventilation system, small fingernail size stain in rear boot and some slight play in one front and rear wheel bearings (sometimes appear as advisories on MOTs)

Basically its an opportunity to by an original car that you can drive away and enjoy the driving experience as an appreciating asset. Dealers would do a little 'titivation' and sell one like this for over £7,000. Its not the car for someone who loves welding, spraying or rebuilding mechanicals, its the car for someone who will appreciate owning a beautiful original car like this - ones like this don't come up that often.

I have tried to add some photos of the car, but if they don't appear send an email to bill brace@hotmail.com so i can email them to you plus a complete detailed log of the work done on the car that I have compiled. I would like £4,500 for the car.