PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Front Bumper Skin Fixing Strips + Rad Clips (see pic) Please.

Vistalite
2nd January 2016, 01:44 PM
HNY to all.

Unfortunately Father Christmas didn't appear to get my letter for gift ideas, hence I continue my search for parts to replace those that have rusted to oblivion. Does anyone have the following in good condition surplus to requirements please?

1. The three metal strips that secure the top of the front bumper skin, c/w nuts.
2. A pair of 'J' shaped clips that support the radiator hoses where they pass through the front wheel arches, hidden by the plastic covers. I need the fixing bolts as well. See pic below.
3. All the screws to secure the centre console.
4. Front grille (with two eyelet cut outs).

This is for a mk1a but I expect these items to be the same as a mk1b, with the exception of the front grille.

I am also still trying to source a Mk1a steering wheel and original radio, but may well have to procure from Wales.

Many thanks
Jonathan

michaeljapp
2nd January 2016, 11:21 PM
Have an original 1a radio you can have when I pull it out of my car - missing a knob. Might be a few months until it is ready but if it is any use to you you are welcome to it.
Your still not having the steering wheel though.....

This style?

Vistalite
3rd January 2016, 09:46 AM
Hi Michael & HNY.

That is very good of you, yes please, and a few months is fine. I'm trying to get the bits ready for when the welding has been done to the shell, but the guy hasn't started doing it yet, annoyingly.

Waiting for your car to be mended by someone else is like waiting to shag your girlfriend for the first time - unbearable. Did I just say that out loud?

Thanks again

Jonathan