PDA

View Full Version : A Pillars Wanted (don't laugh!)

Vistalite
10th November 2015, 03:09 PM
Hi all

Can anyone advise if they have a donor car that has a pair of A pillars in good condition going spare? It's slightly easier than having some fabricated, so I'm told.

Thank you
Jonathan

cchrysos
10th November 2015, 03:30 PM
I looked at this Jonothan and it wasnt easier. The second hand pillars were inconsistent in quality, you may not get enough good metal in them and they are quite thin if they has some surface corrosion on the inside. They rust from the inside out and the ones i saw looked good on the outside but not so on the inside and i was worried that by the time the paint was stripped etc, they would not weld very well without blowing holes in them.

If you still want some, both Paul Sims and our friend in wales seem to sell them
Cheers

Vistalite
10th November 2015, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the advice Chrys. I know that the chances of getting rust free A pillars are pretty low, and my resto man can fabricate replacements but I thought I'd ask, as you never know what's lurking in members backyards.

Snowtigger
10th November 2015, 05:35 PM
The ones with good A pillars people keep for themselves as rust free ones are like hens teeth, also when buying them send photos of exactly were you want them cut from, as you need as much good steel as possible, get them to send you pics of the ones there cutting out as well then both parties can be happy.

paulsims2001
22nd November 2015, 08:34 AM
Hi did you manage to get any a pillars in the end
Paul