PDA

View Full Version : N/S Front Wing

Bingodingo75
31st October 2015, 04:20 PM
Does anyone have a N/S front wing in good condition? Car is Mica blue but will respray if not.

cchrysos
31st October 2015, 06:26 PM
I will have one next week. I am taking mine off and replacing them with new as part of a resto. Ill assess the condition when its off and let you know. Externally it looks excellent...ill have a look at the inside when its off.

Its metallic sky blue so will need spraying

charged
31st October 2015, 08:00 PM
I've just ordered some fibreglass wings from carbenfibrecreations.co.uk . £150 for the pair , hopefully they'll be a good fit.

Martin42006
31st October 2015, 09:22 PM
I've just ordered some fibreglass wings from carbenfibrecreations.co.uk . £150 for the pair , hopefully they'll be a good fit.
Thats a good price, hope they fit well as i might be interested in a set myself. :)

sunsetjoe
1st November 2015, 05:00 PM
very interested in how they go on. I was disappointed to find I had missed the chance of picking up new steel from Mr T so when mine come off will have to see if they can be repaired before looking at glass. now looking at next year though so no rush

charged
1st November 2015, 06:07 PM
The fibreglass wings I have purchased were moulded from a set of original wings that I still have (saving for rainy day project/resto) so I am also interested to see how the fit, I will report back. Forgot to mention, I was given a slight discount on the purchase from carbenfibrecreations.

Also worth mentioning that they stated they would be happy to make other Mk1 products on a group buy basis.

Bingodingo75
1st November 2015, 07:42 PM
Yes please let me know how you get on when you remove the wing. It looks like you aren't too far away distance wise which always helps. Thanks.

cchrysos
1st November 2015, 07:58 PM
Will do :-)

cchrysos
4th November 2015, 01:09 AM
Hi there.

I took my wings off today. I couldnt remember which was the better of the two. Unfortunately it was the drivers side that is excellent condition. The passenger side is not so good with rust at the bottom in front and behind the arch. If its any use to you, just let me know and its yours for a drink. If not, sorry i couldnt help.
If you need a drivers one, mine is excellent and would just need prepping and painting...no welding.

Passenger wing....

Cheers

Chrys

Bingodingo75
4th November 2015, 08:18 PM
Hi there

I am still interested in the wing or possibly both. I will message you about coming to see them, thanks.

Bingodingo75
8th November 2015, 10:40 PM
Both wings purchased... cheers Chrys!

cchrysos
8th November 2015, 10:58 PM
My pleasure. Nice to meet you both today. Good luck with the resto...hope to see more details as it progresses.

Cheers

charged
23rd February 2016, 08:33 PM
The fibreglass wings I have purchased were moulded from a set of original wings that I still have (saving for rainy day project/resto) so I am also interested to see how the fit, I will report back. Forgot to mention, I was given a slight discount on the purchase from carbenfibrecreations.

Also worth mentioning that they stated they would be happy to make other Mk1 products on a group buy basis.

These wings are now fitted. Quality is reasonable. Driver's side fitted fairly easily but passenger side took a lot of fetteling and still isn't perfect.

superwhite90
24th February 2016, 11:12 AM
These wings are now fitted. Quality is reasonable. Driver's side fitted fairly easily but passenger side took a lot of fetteling and still isn't perfect.

I have a passenger side one as well mate, fitment isn't great but hey ho. I may even replace it if I can get a hold of a pair of steel wings. Mine sits up too high going down the bonnet :/