PDA

View Full Version : Le Mans 2016

MelR2Mk1
6th October 2015, 08:03 AM
Having FINALLY got a car that has half a chance of getting there and back without breaking down, the time has come to do the run to Le Mans. Is anyone else planning on attending next year? I'm told the first club outing was in 2000, making this the 15th Anniversary of the Mk1 club at Le Mans!

Camping (along with classic car show, I'm told!):
http://en.chateau-de-chanteloup.com/

Let Dominique know you're there with the MR2 Mk1s and you'll be pitched with us :)

tommundy
6th October 2015, 10:11 AM
Hey up Mel!

I've been looking at going for years; it looks like a great trip!

Unfortunately (or not), with a wedding, 2 honeymoons and a house move planned for next year, my holiday allowance is in short supply and very precious.

Hopefully 2017... :)

Cheers,
Tom

MelR2Mk1
6th October 2015, 11:39 AM
Aaaarrrgghhh! Yeah I've wanted to since I got a 2, but the old one wasn't trustworthy enough ;) With the tiny boot camping looked a bit frill-free, so I've blagged my (Francophile) parents into driving their motorhome across with us for luxury-but-cheap accommodation ;)

tommundy
6th October 2015, 12:32 PM
You should come to a weekend camping car show such as Silverstone or Tatton Park. It's amazing what you can fit into a Mk1!

I easily fit:

4 man tent (big one designed to have 2 separate bedrooms) with a porch tall enough to stand up in and seat 4+ people comfortably
Double air bed
Air bed pump
Roll mat
Double duvet
Sleeping bags
Camping lights
Shelving for food stuffs
Gas cooker and spare gas cans
Cooking equipment including pans, plates, bowls, cutlery etc.
Camping chairs
Clothes for the weekend
Loo roll (never forget that! :))
Driver and passenger

That's just off the top of my head too! :)

Knowing that there's great facilities at the Chateau, you wouldn't even need some of the above. Go for it! :)

celica1600gt
6th October 2015, 07:36 PM
Did le mans in 2013 and the classic in 2014 so know the way there and back again without too much trouble. would be up to do it next year , either in mr2 or another old toyota. probably worth a get together as you are just down the road, i am leckhampton, cheltenham. malcolm.

Lakelad
17th November 2015, 11:10 PM
How's the planning going Mel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MelR2Mk1
18th November 2015, 04:30 AM
How's the planning going Mel?

All fairly painless so far :) My A Level French was apparently good enough that the motorhome pitch is booked (without having to pay deposit), and I'm registered for tickets... Just waiting to see if that ACTUALLY worked, which I won't believe until I've paid for them lol

MelR2Mk1
26th November 2015, 02:15 PM
1st-tickets have their allocation of tickets, so if anyone's dithering...STOP, and go buy them ;)