PDA

View Full Version : Various Mk1a parts Wanted Please.

Vistalite
19th September 2015, 06:13 PM
Hi all, I am in need of a few parts, so if you could have a look in the darkest depths and advise if you have any please?

1. Pair of front mud flaps.
2. Steering wheel.
3. Radio.
4. Bonnet badge.
5. Entire car body, lol.

The items need to be in as good a condition as possible ideally.

Thanks
Jonathan

superwhite90
23rd September 2015, 11:34 AM
Hi Jonathon,

I have item no2 and a radio.

I'll PM you.

Alex

STUAW11
24th September 2015, 04:02 PM
I've got a blue steering wheel in good condition.

Vistalite
24th September 2015, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the offer, but I'm after a 1a version in black.

cchrysos
24th September 2015, 08:30 PM
Hi Jonathan.

I think i have the wheel nut covers. Ill check.

As you know, i have the brand new valances. If you want to try to get them copied you are welcome to borrow them?

Vistalite
24th September 2015, 08:55 PM
Hi Chrys

Thats very kind of you to offer. I have managed to source various bits from Paul Sims including a complete front valance excluding the lip spoiler, although he says 'it needs a bit of work'. Before I fit it on I think ask my uncle how much it would cost to make the tooling for it, just out if interest.

Paul also has a pretty decent bumper bar, a number plate support strip and a pair of side spats in average condition.

I'll update the original post but will have be patient for a steering wheel and radio.

As you've probably guessed, I'm having a go at getting the new one ba k on the road but sourcing 1a specific parts is no mean feat, and just proves how much rarer they are.

cchrysos
24th September 2015, 09:18 PM
I went to see Paul Sims earlier this week. It was great to meet him for the first time - top bloke. He has a great collection of parts. He had some cracking bumper bars there!

It certainly is proving harder to get MK1a spares now. There have been a few MK1a steering wheels on ebay over the last few months so one will turn up soon enough.

Good luck with the search. If i see anything, i will let you know :-)

Cheers

Chrys

mk1 dal
2nd October 2015, 05:18 PM
Hi have no. 4 on your list mate , hens teeth springs to mind .