PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust System Wanted

smaxer
15th August 2015, 09:33 AM
I'm looking for a replacement exhaust system as my standard system has cracked and is blowing, I'm looking for a performance system preferably or a really good condition standard one.

preferably in the Yorkshire area.

Martin42006
15th August 2015, 06:55 PM
I have one and it is a bit rusty but no holes and i reckon it will last another year or so, just took it off last night as i have a magnex one now :)

smaxer
16th August 2015, 08:52 AM
Thanks Martin, will hold out a bit longer to see if anyone comes along with a newer or a performance version.

dylbie
16th August 2015, 06:53 PM
A couple on ebay right now:

Magnex:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-MR2-MK1-STAINLESS-STEEL-MAGNEX-EXHAUST-4A-GE-AW11-not-Mongoose-janspeed-/252047250873?fits=Model%3AMR+2|Plat_Gen%3AMK+I&hash=item3aaf2fd5b9

Janspeed which looks like it's had the flexi fix
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-mr2-mk1-exhaust-/301709522927?hash=item463f49f7ef

Martin42006
17th August 2015, 06:07 AM
From the research i have done i would not buy a janspeed as they dont seem to last and are very loud. Stick to mMongoose or Magnex

That magnex one is knackered the flexi needs replacing and it has rusted all down the weld and in the tail pipe end definatly not worth £175, total rip off as usual from our well known wales friend.

superwhite90
17th August 2015, 08:34 AM
Janspeed are crap.

Mine has been welded quite a few times and they always crack the pipe around the brackets as there is no flexi.

Adi64gt
17th August 2015, 05:50 PM
Definitely wouldn't be spending £175 on that magnex one, those ebay prices only ever seem to go up and up.
I bought a complete running car with a power flow stainless exhaust 2 weeks ago for £200!!!

dusty m
18th August 2015, 09:57 AM
The mongoose&magnex are the same units & are discontinued. Some are available but the single pipe only as I found out in my search recently which is why im having a custom build.

charged
18th August 2015, 10:26 AM
Definitely wouldn't be spending £175 on that magnex one, those ebay prices only ever seem to go up and up.
I bought a complete running car with a power flow stainless exhaust 2 weeks ago for £200!!!

Magnex/mongoose at under £200 is reasonable, it should last. Buying a car for £200 with a stainless exhaust fitted is incomparable to the price of a second hand exhaust unit , you just got a bargain, that's all.

superwhite90
18th August 2015, 10:58 AM
When mine is back together again, i'm going to have an Elise back box fitted to a mk1 standard downpipe.

Martin42006
18th August 2015, 11:21 AM
Magnex/mongoose at under £200 is reasonable, it should last. Buying a car for £200 with a stainless exhaust fitted is incomparable to the price of a second hand exhaust unit , you just got a bargain, that's all.
For the condition of that Magnex it is unreasonable. I picked up an immaculate Magnex from someone on here for £100. I would just keep an eye out for a good condition second hand one at a more reasonable price.

smaxer
19th August 2015, 11:40 PM
Thanks for all the input guys, will keep on looking. Will probably just weld mine up for the time being.

charged
20th August 2015, 08:40 AM
For the condition of that Magnex it is unreasonable. I picked up an immaculate Magnex from someone on here for £100. I would just keep an eye out for a good condition second hand one at a more reasonable price.

The price you paid is great! However I would have no hesitation in making a reasonable offer on the £175 one and then give it a wire brushing and a thorough autosoling. Not quite as good a new but definitely fit for purpose and will last.
Edit: I would look carefully at the flexipipe to check it is sealed.

Martin42006
20th August 2015, 01:08 PM
The price you paid is great! However I would have no hesitation in making a reasonable offer on the £175 one and then give it a wire brushing and a thorough autosoling. Not quite as good a new but definitely fit for purpose and will last.
Edit: I would look carefully at the flexipipe to check it is sealed.
The flexi pipe on the £175 one is definatly not sealed as it is in several pieces, or were you reffering to the one i got in which case yea the flexi is still in good condition..