PDA

View Full Version : who remembers pink floyd?

scoobyblue
14th July 2015, 12:49 PM
"is there anybody out there?"

Gilles27
14th July 2015, 01:53 PM
"is there anybody out there?"

Does anybody here remember Vera Lynn?
Remember how she said that
We would meet again
Some sunny day?

scoobyblue
14th July 2015, 02:16 PM
thats a bit optimistic on the weather forecast

Gilles27
14th July 2015, 02:29 PM
thats a bit optimistic on the weather forecast

Maybe she was just saying it'll be a long time till we do meet again?

scoobyblue
14th July 2015, 02:32 PM
about 5 years,car was in a garage all that time,i was on the dark side of the moon.

fastblatt
14th July 2015, 05:11 PM
Can't forget them. So good.

dylbie
14th July 2015, 06:09 PM
They were a bit before my time... but at the age of about 15/16 I raided my dad's record collection.

David Gilmour was the reason I first picked up a guitar :)

jimi
14th July 2015, 06:26 PM
Who could forget them !!
The first time I heard Floyd was around 1967 when they released their first single, Arnold Layne, heard it on Radio Luxembourg. I and few of my friends used to listen to Luxembourg every night to hear the latest music, we talked about Floyd for days afterwards.
I'm still a fan now :cool:

sTuArT
14th July 2015, 08:22 PM
Just watched the Arnold Layne video and it had the band arriving to a beach in a vw beetle, wearing face masks of girls and playing with a fashion manikin. catchy song!

jimi
15th July 2015, 05:08 AM
Their second single, "See Emily Play" was good as well :cool:

scoobyblue
15th July 2015, 06:54 AM
i was only made aware of them by 1977, so i feel relatively young in this company,so animals would have been their first new release for me, what an introduction!
lost touch in recent years,so might take a saturday night listening to a few oldies .

scoobyblue
19th July 2015, 04:36 PM
i assume the ireland/northern ireland contingent are on holiday

Mutley00
20th July 2015, 09:24 PM
i assume the ireland/northern ireland contingent are on holiday

......or perhaps like me they find Pink Floyd very boring?

scoobyblue
21st July 2015, 06:43 AM
i think everyone missed the point to this one, i was trying to see who was still active in ireland/northern ireland thus "is there anyone out there", the reference to pink floyd was to encourage a response,and wash your mouth out sir,how could you find them boring?

scoobyblue
10th August 2015, 02:42 PM
am i to assume that the ireland/northern ireland contingent has now retired ,or in those immortal python words "'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!!"

rockinhorse
1st October 2015, 06:28 PM
alright pat how you keeping, not been on in a while, acting the family man now with child rearing and all that..havent heard much from the guys here since the great mark 1 recession of 2010..done my bike test so its a run to newcastle or portaferry for a fry now on a sunday morning and home for lunchtime..pm me and ill send you my no. for a yarn..

scoobyblue
2nd October 2015, 08:54 AM
hi Ronnie, so it is not true, there is still life on this side of the pond! glad to hear all is going well for you and your family, pm sent

MR2MK1
2nd October 2015, 10:12 AM
hi Ronnie, so it is not true, there is still life on this side of the pond! glad to hear all is going well for you and your family, pm sent

Hi all still alive and well but very busy with work .
Have been in England working a lot over the last few years but still out on the road in the 2 when I get the chance .

scoobyblue
2nd October 2015, 10:14 AM
and then there were 3....

rockinhorse
2nd October 2015, 06:31 PM
wait for it...wait for it...one thinks the bumblebee might buzz in..hello colin hope your keepin well...give me a bell someday when the boss is out to lunch..

scoobyblue
3rd October 2015, 09:43 AM
wait for it...wait for it...one thinks the bumblebee might buzz in..hello colin hope your keepin well...give me a bell someday when the boss is out to lunch..

would that be mark? starting to look like a famous western film...keep guessing!
I love cryptic clues