PDA

View Full Version : Selling my Beautiful showroom condition Mk1 White T bar leather interior G reg

marc
23rd June 2015, 10:31 AM
Before I bought this vehicle I set about a massive search of the UK for the best one
I was fully aware of the issues/problems such as rotting wheel arches, 5th gear popping out etc
For me it had to be the T bar version which can easily be taken out and stored behind the seats
And I thought that the white was very current
I searched for over a year for the right one and I saw some dogs even after I vetted them over the phone. I must have viewed over 20 cars
When I found this model I was amazed
This car is immaculate. The previous owner had this for 14 years and had rebuilt the car from the chassis up including a full immaculate body spray.
Everything works in perfect order as if it had just come out of the showroom! (none of the issue that I had heard about)
Everything is completely original, none of this suped up, boy racer carry on
Even comes with the original tool kit bag and leather enclosures for the T bar glass and sun visors for the T bar. I also have the original owners portfolio files and owners manual plus original warranty documents plus all old MOTs
The private plate is included in the sale. They are the initials of the previous owner. According to new reg this is worth £450
I use her at least once a week
I regularly take her on the M1 up to Watford from London. I travelled to Swindon and Oxford with no problems at all at an average speed of 85 mph (could easily do more)
And no issues at all
The car is kept covered when not in use and only used in dry conditions.
I have had a full service and 2 mots. Tax and MOT to 13/3/16
The car is perfect and I will be sorry to have to sell her
I am sure that the first person to see her will buy.
The reason for sale is that we need I need a 4 seater for my kids as I cant fit a 3 year old and 5 year old in her!
The down sides:
The wheels need a refurb ( I have enclosed the pictures)
You might want to upgrade the stereo system as it only plays casettes and the radio ( I have fitted a auxiliary cable so u can listen to you tube or internet radio
The mileage is 113’000. (if you speak to anyone in the trade they will confirm the engine is bulletproof so I don’t think this is a massive issue)
The seats have been replaced in an aston martin leather

These models are increasing in value and one dealer suggested that I just put her in a garage for a few years and she will appreciate in value but I think she was meant to be used
The insurance and running costs are very low. Its £40 to fill her up and I get on average 220 miles out of that. Classic insurance for me is £163 per year!
She dives amazingly, nice and nippy with no problems

£3000

Gilles27
23rd June 2015, 10:53 AM
Any pics of the interior?

sTuArT
23rd June 2015, 11:07 AM
Looks very nice. Good luck with the sale

AndyB
23rd June 2015, 12:52 PM
Looks nice. Sometimes I look at these lovely examples and think it'd be easier for me (and cheaper) just to upgrade/swap.. But where is the fun in that?!

Good luck with the sale!

marc
23rd June 2015, 03:17 PM
Any pics of the interior?

marc
23rd June 2015, 03:18 PM
Hope you can see those ok, just click on the Attachments above

Marc

andyroo104
23rd June 2015, 04:25 PM
Pics not working of seats but car looks great.

John Brentnall
22nd July 2015, 09:42 AM
Hi, car looks good in the photos.
I had a white 89 Tbar for 10 years and still miss it.