PDA

View Full Version : Crash / Reinforcement Bar (Front)

Markle
12th May 2015, 08:54 AM
Does anyone have or know where I can get front reinforcement bar in decent(ish) condition?

Thaaanks.

Boba Fett
12th May 2015, 10:43 AM
Try Paul Simms,
http://www.mr2mk1toyotaspares.com

He might have some good second hand ones in stock

Snowtigger
12th May 2015, 04:08 PM
He did have new old stock but I think those have gone now, all his stuff is pretty decent though so should be able to find a decent ish one.
Apparently it was supposed to be a 10year life span part then replaced.

Markle
12th May 2015, 07:51 PM
I did have one lined up through Paul Sims but the bleedin' courier managed to lose it! Scratchin' my 'ead what to do now.

Thanks for the suggestion. :)

BIGBOYZJUNK
12th May 2015, 07:58 PM
Can you weld/repair yours up???

sTuArT
12th May 2015, 08:44 PM
Does PSims have any more. This time collect in person

paulmannion
12th May 2015, 10:29 PM
Haha, Stuart was that supposed to be a joke or a suggestion? Not very helpful for the poor guy!

sTuArT
13th May 2015, 05:27 PM
That's what I would do after contacting the courier for compensation for the lost delivery.

Boba Fett
13th May 2015, 10:20 PM
How the hell do you lose something that big!?

paulsims2001
15th May 2015, 05:35 PM
Thats not the only thing they have lost, an exhaust!!! alternator .................I think I may start my own delivery service, have emailed you Mark needing a phone number have the one I mentioned but lightened so you can have a look at it , its only around 3 months old and i am in Whitefield next Sunday

Markle
26th May 2015, 10:40 AM
Paul, thanks for coming around with that bar. Delivered in person to my door, can't ask for more than that!!!
Was nice seein' ya. You'll have to keep us all posted on how you get on with restoring that MR2 you showed me.

Cheers everybody else for the suggestions. :)

paulsims2001
26th May 2015, 02:27 PM
No Problem Mark there is a brand new one floating around the country somewhere in a Parcel warehouse !!!!
Nice car by the way , glad it got sorted .

Red 5
16th July 2015, 11:48 AM
I'm new to here and see this is an old thread but I have a few bumper irons, front and back, A and B and mostly in good nick which I've taken out of the race cars. Not sure what they are worth but if anyone wants a look at them or needs one I can take photos. I'm not sure how to identify them. I think the rear B has two towing eyes?

kevs aw11
16th July 2015, 01:01 PM
Hi
I would say theres a niche in the market for someone with welding/fabrication skills to make these, they are getting very rare now just a thought
kev

superwhite90
16th July 2015, 01:20 PM
Yes the rear mk1b has two tow eyes.

Red 5
16th July 2015, 01:34 PM
I'll root mine out and stick them on for sale then. Are there any restrictions on selling by newbies?

tommundy
16th July 2015, 02:19 PM
Hi Dave,

Welcome to the forums!

You have to be a paid member to advertise items for sale, but it only costs £10 per year and gives you wider access on the forums to technical articles etc. It also entitles you to access to free/reduced priced tickets to shows and other advantages.

You can join up at the below link using PayPal:

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/payments.php

Cheers,
Tom

PS: I'll reply to your PM later tonight.

cchrysos
16th July 2015, 04:25 PM
Hi there. I am interested in a MK1a front if you have a decent one at a good price. i am not in need of one now but think it would be to have a spare.

Cheers

chrys

Alex_tartu
20th July 2015, 01:34 PM
Sounds like there's someone at Crewe sorting office reverse engineering his own MR2 : D

I'd also gladly buy a spare, for when the time comes.

Red 5
21st July 2015, 08:38 AM
Hi Dave,

Welcome to the forums!

You have to be a paid member to advertise items for sale, but it only costs £10 per year and gives you wider access on the forums to technical articles etc. It also entitles you to access to free/reduced priced tickets to shows and other advantages.

You can join up at the below link using PayPal:

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/payments.php

Cheers,
Tom

I'll make sure I have a tenner with me on Sunday

tommundy
21st July 2015, 08:53 AM
I'll make sure I have a tenner with me on Sunday
:+:

KeithG
31st July 2015, 12:38 PM
Hi Red 5,

If you've got one left then I'm in need of a front one for a MK1B. Got some awful crunching noises when I had to change my indicator bulb...

Cheers

Red 5
31st July 2015, 08:07 PM
As a fully paid up member I now feel justified in replying, I got kicked off the VR4 forum for replying to a wanted ad before I paid my subs so wasn't sure how lenient this one was. VR4 for sale by the way!

I have a guy coming to see me after seeing this (Paul I think he's called, from Sheffield) who has a few cars so might take my job lot, so I will root them all out tomorrow and try and correctly identify them and see what he wants then list the rest for sale if there are any left. I removed another one at the weekend as I set the bumper on fire when the exhaust exploded at Cadwell Park.

Red 5
1st August 2015, 12:13 PM
I have 5 rears and 2 fronts. All in reasonable condition, some better than others. Here's pictures of them. I have taken close ups of the dodgy bits if anyone wants more details.

Paul says he's after a couple of fronts. One has rotted a bit round the side of the indicator well but apart from that, both are mint but I'll give Paul first refusal on them.

Note that R5 (codenamed, that's posh innit) has been lightened at some point and the plastic bumper cover has been on fire a little bit.