PDA

View Full Version : Newbie.

Maff_666
5th May 2015, 05:12 PM
Hi
Just joined, thought i would say hello.

Just bought myself self a little project. It's a 1989 white sunroof model it's done 132000 miles but has full history and every single MOT from it's first onwards. Mechanically the car is very good, every thing works as do all the electrics. However body work not so good, structualy its very good but all the outer panels are not so.
It's not been on the road since 2009 so needs quite a bit of tlc, but thats what i bought it for something to restore and enjoy. No doubt i will in the very near future have many questions and be swatting up reading many threads.

Thankyou

Maff.

AW11mike
5th May 2015, 05:26 PM
welcome to the club Maff. lets see some photos.:D Mike

tommundy
5th May 2015, 05:54 PM
Welcome to the forums!

Sounds like you've got a good project there. :)

There's lots of helpful people and information on these forums. If you like it here and would like to join as a paid member, you can do so via the below link:

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/payments.php (or by clicking on Join the Club at the top of the screen at any time).

Joining gives you wider access to the technical areas of the forum, gives you free or reduced price entry into events and has several other benefits.

Cheers,
Tom

BIGBOYZJUNK
5th May 2015, 07:43 PM
Good to see another sunroof saved!! Welcome to the club

Maff_666
6th May 2015, 08:33 AM
Just become a paid member. Thanks can't go wrong for that price, i'm sure it will be well worth it.

Maff_666
6th May 2015, 08:40 AM
Hopefully that worked as some pictures of the car as i bought her. Looks a little better in the pictures if it's worked. Most of the front is panels are stripped now, wings,front quarter valances,bumber,front spoiler and crash bar as they were all goosed, well apart from the bumber skin i will save that.
Thanks for the replies guy's.

mr2mk1mad
6th May 2015, 08:45 AM
Welcome to the club

warny1
6th May 2015, 08:48 AM
Some white panels (front/rear bumpers, doors, bonnet) on Gumtree (Cambridge) and Piston Heads now, if that helps.

Cheers,

Mark

Maff_666
6th May 2015, 01:10 PM
Thanks guy's.
I've just been given a contact who i've now spoken to, he's up here a few miles from where i live which is handy and seems to have quite a few mk1 spares including panels. If that fails i will check the Gumtree and Piston Heads out.
Thanks.

superwhite90
7th May 2015, 03:44 PM
Welcome Maff_666

Just to let you know your paintcode is Superwhite 043 as I too have a 1989/1990 model

You need to make sure wherever you get your panels from the paintcode is the same, as I assure you there is a definite difference in colour and you can easily tell the difference!

Looks good though!

Maff_666
7th May 2015, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the paintcode. I'm planning to paint the car after i panel it up anyway so that will come in handy mate.
But i have many little restoration bits to do first, can't wait to get started. Got the hallway to decorate first this weekend or the wife will kill me.