PDA

View Full Version : 1989 Mk1b T-bar White. Needs work...

Willybob
29th April 2015, 12:26 PM
It is with deep and woeful regret that I find myself in this situation...

My marriage has fallen apart and will soon find myself being a single father. As such my beloved car has to go. I need something more practical. So with that in mind...

Welcome to the sale of my white 1989 Mk1b t-bar.

97,000 miles,
MOT till August (no advisories),
Part service history,

Bodywork is pretty good. Except one corner. More on that later...

Bought the car in October '14. Since then I've done the following to it...

New cam belt and water pump

Alternator belt

Plugs, filters and fluids

Replaced front left lower suspension arm, front arm and drop link

Alignment sorted too

Fixed drivers side door lock. Kept locking itself shut. All sorted now

Refurbished Racing Hart sprint CP's and Toyo Proxies. 14" front, 15" rear. Original pepperpot spare

MAJOR welding work to the rear left quarter. New inner arch fabricated and new repair panels welded in. Top quality work. Currently awaiting paint. And my current affairs mean it won't get done anytime soon. I hate leaving a job half finished, but I don't have the time/funds to get it finished. Still got the body kit and fixings. Just needs paint and kit remounting and you're good to go...

Other than that, she pulls, stops and steers just how she should. T-bar doesn't leak. Interior is pretty good, but there's a minor tear in the drivers seat. All electrics work, and I've got the original radio cassette to go with her. There's also a nice crescent shaped scratch on the windscreen. Been there since I bought it and apparently went through its last MOT with it.

There are a few niggly areas I never got round to touching up. The odd spot of rust here and there. Nothing major. Crack in the front bumper and a bit of crazing in the lacquer on the rear bumper. Engine bay could use a clean, but its honest as is. Got 5 original alloys to go with the car. All need a refurb, but if you want them, they're yours. I'll have no use for them.

Erm... I think that's everything. Need to know anymore, just give me a shout.

After the bodywork was completed, I was looking for £2600 but as I'm selling it as it sits, I'm open to offers.

I'm having to do this listing on my mobile, so uploading pictures is problematic. If you want to see ANYTHING on the car, PM me your email address and I'll send you many pictures. Or contact me on my mobile and I'll WhatsApp you them. 07883 878 199

Thanks guys...

Willybob
30th April 2015, 06:29 AM
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C609348

Got some pictures on this listing. Plenty more available.

Willybob
16th May 2015, 04:14 PM
Ok guys. I need a new car as soon as possible. Desperation has forced my hand. £1500. I need it gone and I need new wheels. Someone help me out here...

Willybob
31st May 2015, 11:14 AM
Car now sold. Thanks guys

kevs aw11
31st May 2015, 11:41 AM
hope everything works out for you good luck for the future
kev

Kyri
15th June 2015, 04:16 AM
Aaarrrrgggghhhhh missed it!!!