PDA

View Full Version : All Mk1s need some love too

phomotions.dt
21st April 2015, 06:54 AM
Well its my second mk1 in 10 years and after my first one i needed to get my hands on one again. Time arised last month when my supervisors son had his one up for sale. I didnt even look at the car before putting my comfortable 5 seater family fast car (3 of us at home) up for quick sale just to have the funds to buy it. Car was sold and i got a look at it and thought "i can see past the bad styling and horrible paintwork"
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/20/fd3c1e875c6c0f5e4dee79663f6600bd.jpg

Yes its been painted badly and who would put a carbon gay wing and horrible 17" tsw venoms on a classic! I almost cried!
Oh and a Ferrari style gear box plate!

Luckily there was plenty of spares, a second center console, original spoiler, original alloys.
So it all came off.. and restore starts

So thats some back ground,
Hi im dan, now n owner of an 85' mk1a and im from dartford area.
:o

BIGBOYZJUNK
21st April 2015, 07:51 AM
Hi Dan, Welcome to the club!
Great to hear another one is getting some love :p
What make is the exhaust? not seen one come out of that side before??

PS. I do like that look :cool:

phomotions.dt
21st April 2015, 08:04 AM
Haha its alll been removed now.
The exhaust was a straight section of pipe off the middle box. But its all been put bk to the normal one.
But thanks. It needs restoring but with its own touches, nothin wrong with some lowering n nice alloys but thinkin about keeping the spoiler off aswel

BIGBOYZJUNK
21st April 2015, 08:21 AM
I was originally think have two boot lids, std for 98% of the time and then one like yours for modified shows, feeling outrageous etc

phomotions.dt
21st April 2015, 08:42 AM
Yeh thts a good idea. Or a track/road car... one standard and one with a stupid great wing lol. Draws less attention when parked outside. But my BGW (big gay wing) got sold for £50 quid and went on new parts all thanks to neil at mk1mr2 parts. Has already stripped me of money for the next year lol. :eek: :cool:

tommundy
21st April 2015, 08:58 AM
Yeh thts a good idea. Or a track/road car... one standard and one with a stupid great wing lol. Draws less attention when parked outside. But my BGW (big gay wing) got sold for £50 quid and went on new parts all thanks to neil at mk1mr2 parts. Has already stripped me of money for the next year lol. :eek: :cool:
It's always worth asking here for parts; you may find them a lot cheaper!

Welcome to the forums too! :)

AW11mike
21st April 2015, 09:00 AM
Hi Dan,welcome to the club. I like the wing!:D

phomotions.dt
21st April 2015, 09:02 AM
Thanks tommundy.. erm ill put it lightly.. i need basically everything lol.

Lots of bits and pieces needed. Need to get it bk up to scratch! Thr wheels on the car (tsws) ruined! 2 flat spots and a crack in one alloy.. dunno how they drove it.
But on the plus side.. the boot is filled with everything! New steering column, new speedo cable, new light units, new bits and pieces.

superwhite90
21st April 2015, 09:15 AM
I have a box of spares I need getting rid of, so if you let us know what you need we can help you out. Neil is banned from this website as he is a...*fill in the blank*

BIGBOYZJUNK
21st April 2015, 09:27 AM
I have a box of spares I need getting rid of, so if you let us know what you need we can help you out. Neil is banned from this website as he is a...*fill in the blank*

able?
anal?
arse?
aarh??

lol:D

phomotions.dt
21st April 2015, 01:55 PM
Haha ok i cant comment on that as he is the first person i spoke to regarding parts and done me deals so im on the fence till im shown differently. But i wont join sides. Im here for the community and cars :)
And i have tonnes of spares.
I wana get hold of a diff rear number plate surround thou. The only bit i hate is the sticky out number plate lights. I like the one tht 'i think its goodwood' was sorting out.