PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 1986 Mk1a/b (cross-over) White & Grey sunroof model. Used daily. Offers

HORNEY
12th April 2015, 09:01 PM
1986 Toyota MR2 MK1a/b cross-over
1.6 petrol manual Twin cam
110,000 miles (in daily use so will continue to increase)
MOT until May ‘15
Sun-roof model
Stainless steel exhaust system & CD player
Electric windows and electric wing mirrors
Pop-up headlights and has the original iconic triangular alloy wheels – 7 in total (x4 on the car and x3 spares).

Reluctant sale – unfortunately no where for baby seat and wife at the same time!

I have owned this car for almost 4 years and it has been nothing but a pleasure.

Eligible for classic car insurance (£150 fully comp plus European breakdown cover). Easily get 40+mpg (get 45mpg on long runs if you drive it sensible)

Only issue I have had is a slow puncture (and the usual age-related rust).

I found it has plenty of room in the two boots for the weekly shop and our luggage when going away on holidays. We used this for our wedding car and honeymoon trip around the Yorkshire Dales. Also regularly used on 3+ hour non-stop journeys to the North East and North West.

Mountain of paperwork and service history.

Previous owners:
1st from new - 6 months
2nd 1987 - 2011 lady who looked after it very well (child-substitute)
3rd 2011 - 2011 she sold it as payment to the guy who installed a sound system into her new car (a Mk3 MR2) but he only had it for a couple of weeks as his wife didn't like it
4th 2011 - Present (me) used daily come rain or shine

Has had rear brake calliper refurbished and new pads for MOT last year.

Only advisories on last MOT were slight misting on a rear damper and some sign of rust on one sill.

I have removed the side skirts so you can see what will need doing for the next MOT.

In terms of the condition, all mechanical aspects are in excellent working order. Good engine, clutch and gearbox. Regularly serviced, with all fluids and filters done last summer.

Not so good points:
• Windscreen is cracked but is outside of swept area of wipers so is legal. Has been cracked all the time I have owned the car. However, in very heavy rain there has been a little water ingress which has discoloured part of the headlining.
• Rust on sills which will require some welding for next MOT (extesive welding done for previous MOTs). Will be covered by the side skirts once done.
• Wheel arches showing signs of age & previous repairs
• Bottom of front wings damaged by rust could be repaired or panels replaced.
• Slight cracking to paint on section of bonnet
• Bolster on drivers seat worn from getting in and out
• Occasionally there is noise from engine bay upon start-up after rain which I presume are the alternator bearings(?) - no loss of charging capability an noise stops after a couple of minutes
• Usual scuffs and stone chips on paintwork to be expected
• FM signal is not very strong on the radio, but AM is good

I have tried to be as honest as I can with the description of the car.

Please come and view the car if you are interested. Car located in Bedfordshire. A showroom model it is not, but a reliable fun and surprisingly practical car it certainly is. Best car I have ever owned and very sad to be parting, but need a family car now.

OPEN TO SENSIBLE OFFERS

tommundy
13th April 2015, 06:19 AM
Good luck with the sale!