PDA

View Full Version : 1989 helios blue mk1b for sale - in beautiful condition

Gilles27
19th February 2015, 08:51 PM
Hi everyone. I hope I'm allowed to post on behalf of someone else. As you may know I used to own an mr2 this colour and I occasionally saw this one when I was out and about in the Penistone area. Last week I met Stephen who owns this and he told me he wanted to sell. I'm very happy with the car I have, but I went for a look and took a few pics. Here's one:
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2015/02/IMG_2817-1.jpg (http://s1264.photobucket.com/user/AnthonyGilles27/media/Steves%20mr2/IMG_2817.jpg.html)

and here's a link to many more: http://s1264.photobucket.com/user/AnthonyGilles27/library/Steves%20mr2

Stephen's son is a qualified Toyota mechanic and they have done all the servicing between them. This car has been very well looked after and I'm pretty sure that the first to view will buy. The car is kept in a garage and is only driven in the dry. It has a stainless steel exhaust, but other than that is pretty much in original condition. There are a couple of slight blemishes which I took pictures of, but I have to say that this is the cleanest mr2 I have seen for years. It's done just over 140K. Stephen is looking for £3000, which I think is very reasonable, but he's mainly hoping that it goes to a home where it will be properly appreciated and looked after. I'm not on any commission or anything. I just want to see a great car going to a good home. If you need to know any more then just ask on here or if you want to contact Stephen directly send me a PM and I'll let you know his contact details.

Gilles27
17th March 2015, 09:13 PM
Just bumping this. A lovely car for the approaching summer. :)

Gilles27
13th March 2017, 09:40 AM
Well I bought this car last year as my dark blue car had rotted beyond help. This is a very good, solid car, but it doesn't tick all my boxes. I want to put different wheels and suspension on it etc which seems a shame on such an original example. Therefore I'm selling it with a view to buying a car that has already been modded in the way I want. You can see the ad here: https://www.gumtree.com/p/toyota/toyota-mr2-mk1-aw11-in-beautiful-condition/1223272045

I admit that it is optimistically priced, but it's worth a shot. I'm happy to negotiate on that with any club members. ;)

jimi
13th March 2017, 11:18 AM
Nice car, good luck with the sale.
With my anorack on I have to say it's not Helios Blue, it may look the same, but Toyota never offered the MK1 in a colour with that name. They called it Ice Blue Pearl (8G2) or possibly Light Blue Metallic (8B8) but I think that was darker and on 1a's. anorack off. Irrespective it's one of my favourite MK1 colours :cool:

Gilles27
13th March 2017, 11:41 AM
Nice car, good luck with the sale.
With my anorack on I have to say it's not Helios Blue

Yes I know, but it's a term that seems to be used a lot in this community to describe this colour. It also sounds cooler than 'light blue metallic'! ;)

jimi
13th March 2017, 01:41 PM
Yes I know, but it's a term that seems to be used a lot in this community to describe this colour. It also sounds cooler than 'light blue metallic'! ;)
:thumbup:
Yes another inaccurate urbam myth that's grown up around MK1's, I always find it strange that what is basically a VW colour name has come to be used on a Japanese car.
Many years ago I used to have an X1-9 (1977 Serie Speciale) that was almost exactly the same colour, Fiat called it Blue Metallic

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2017/03/1396-1.jpg

Gilles27
13th March 2017, 01:45 PM
Many years ago I used to have an X1-9 (1977 Serie Speciale) that was almost exactly the same colour, Fiat called it Blue Metallic

I always like the X19. I remember when I was 17 that CAR magazine did a competition to win a Lotus Esprit, but you had to be over 21 to enter. The next month they had a competition for anyone 17 and over to win an X19 and I'd totally convinced myself that I was going to win! It was many years later that I finally owned a 2 seater mid-engined car.

Gilles27
27th March 2017, 01:45 PM
I've had quite a lot of interest in the car, but no firm or acceptable offers. I have pointed about half a dozen people to this site as they decided my car wasn't for them. It's amazing some of the questions you get. Someone asked if I had the same car, but a t-bar?

Anyway, the price has been lowered to £2600, and I have a bit of wiggle room on that for the right buyer.

MylesHSG
27th March 2017, 06:25 PM
What sort of mods are you looking to do? Have you found your replacement?

Gilles27
27th March 2017, 09:14 PM
What sort of mods are you looking to do? Have you found your replacement?

There are plans afoot. Can't talk yet. ;)

Gilles27
12th April 2017, 04:53 PM
SOLD!!

A lad called Max from Cannock phoned me at lunchtime today and he's now on his way home in it. Right, I need to get a new one in time for the Wales Run!

chasmundo
12th April 2017, 10:00 PM
Congratulations Gilles27...exciting times looking for a new toy !!

BIGBOYZJUNK
15th April 2017, 07:32 AM
SOLD!!

A lad called Max from Cannock phoned me at lunchtime today and he's now on his way home in it. Right, I need to get a new one in time for the Wales Run!

You better get looking quick then[emoji23]

Gilles27
15th May 2017, 01:33 PM
The saga of this car continues! Max has messaged me to say he might have to sell the car as he needs some money. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll put you in touch with him.