PDA

View Full Version : New member

GwynnMV
14th February 2015, 10:40 PM
Hi

I have just joined.

I leave nr Stirling, Scotland.

It's always been my ambition to own a MR2 MK1 and thought speaking with the experts might help me get closer to my goal of actually owning one.

Any help will be greatly received. 😀

Regards,

Mark

mk1 dal
14th February 2015, 11:49 PM
Hi Mark and welcome to the club . What model of mk1 are you after eg sunroof or T bar , we can advise you of known issues between the 2 models .

Gary :thumbup:

GwynnMV
15th February 2015, 06:05 PM
Hi Mark and welcome to the club . What model of mk1 are you after eg sunroof or T bar , we can advise you of known issues between the 2 models .

Gary :thumbup:

Hi Gary
Thank you for the welcome.
My first choice would be the T bar model. I'm not really fussed. I think the condition would be my first consideration.
It is availability and location. I have seen very few available in Scotland, most being available in the south of the uk.
Regards,
Mark 😃

Gilles27
15th February 2015, 08:14 PM
Are you after a toy for sunny days or a daily driver? Would it be kept in a garage? I always fancied a t-bar, but as I use my car every day and park it on the street I've got a sunroof model so I don't have to worry about leaks.

Vistalite
15th February 2015, 09:51 PM
Welcome Mark

I've spotted a few North of the border, but as you can see, prices are all over the place at the moment. My advice would be to by the best you can afford, but I realise we all have a budget to work to.

Best if you started to look at a few to get an idea of what to expect for the money.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/toyota/mr2-mk1-aw11-4age/1100544007

http://www.gumtree.com/p/toyota/mr2-mk1-for-sale/1099916057

Jonathan

mk1 dal
15th February 2015, 10:44 PM
If you buy A Tbar a garage is a must or at least a car port .

GwynnMV
15th February 2015, 11:18 PM
Hi

Thanks for your suggestions and the links (Jonathan) it would be for sunny days, but I have not yet confirmed a garage, so until I do it should be a sunroof which would give me more options with regards to a garage.

tommundy
16th February 2015, 10:52 AM
Hi Mark,

Welcome to the club!

You've come to the right place in your search for a Mk1.

Cheers,
Tom

PS: I've just sent through your membership details! :)

Martin42006
16th February 2015, 12:15 PM
Welcome to the club.
I have seen a few on ebay up north around you in the past so im sure more will come up.
Martin

GwynnMV
16th February 2015, 06:45 PM
Hi Tom and Martin.
Thank you both for the welcome.
Tom I have received your e mail. ��
Mark

Alex_tartu
23rd February 2015, 05:20 PM
Hi Mark, welcome!

I'm also a new recruit and based in Scotland (Glasgow).

You're right that they seem to come up round here less often than down south. But it is possible to view them (I used a mixture of budget flights and Megabus).

People are generally kind enough to pick you up from the airport/station once they know how far you've travelled!

GwynnMV
23rd February 2015, 11:37 PM
Hi Alex
Thank you for the welcome :D

Mark