PDA

View Full Version : LAKES RUN 22nd MARCH

bill hulme
12th January 2015, 01:30 PM
Sunday 22nd March 2015 - Lakes Run

This years Lake District run will take place on Sunday 22nd March 2015

The starting point is Burton Services between Junction 35 and 36 northbound on the M6. We will depart from here promptly at 10.00.

For those travelling north up the M6 please meet at Charnock Richard Services M6 just north of Junction 27 at 09.00 and we can all travel together to Burton services.

Graham (lakelad) our route organiser, who has planned the run will meet everybody at Burton Services. Anyone requiring any other meeting point or more specific information about the route or any other additional details please message Graham directly.

This is a full days run but we will be stopping for a coffee in the morning, a lunch stop in Keswick for an hour before the second leg in the afternoon and we will finish up in Bowness On Windermere at about 4pm.

Please put your name down, THERE IS A LIMIT OF 12 mk1 cars

1 Graham (lakelad)
2 Bill Hulme
3 Gary (mk1 dal)
4 Martin42006
5 Johnsf
6 Joy Toy Boy
7 Michaeljapp
8 BigP

Lakelad
12th January 2015, 01:42 PM
Very much looking forward to our first NW run out of 2015. The hills are covered in snow today and lots of the valley roads are flooded - hopefully by 22nd March conditions will have improved!!

The run is just under 100 miles from the start at Burton Services on the M6 to the finish in Bowness On Windermere.

If anyone want more info please don't hesitate to message me.

Graham

Martin42006
14th January 2015, 11:00 AM
Could you put me down for this one. Martin

bill hulme
14th January 2015, 04:14 PM
Martin Your name is on the list.

mk1 dal
8th February 2015, 11:23 PM
Hi all , not long now until this great day out get your names down you won't be disappointed . This will be my 6TH lakes run and they get better and better every time .

Gary :thumbup:

Gilles27
8th February 2015, 11:55 PM
Hi all , not long now until this great day out get your names down you won't be disappointed . This will be my 6TH lakes run and they get better and better every time .

Gary :thumbup:
I've got some catching up to do then! Please add my name so I can do my 3rd Lakes Run. Also Hetty would like to join us in her mk3 mr2 if that's ok?

Gilles27
9th February 2015, 07:30 AM
Sorry! Just checked the calendar and seen that we are away on the 22nd. Therefore please don't add me or Hetty to the list.

Alex_tartu
26th February 2015, 05:24 PM
I might be interested! Will need to check diary and car readiness.

bill hulme
1st March 2015, 01:27 PM
Only 3 weeks to go, To the beautiful Lakes Run with our leader Graham, If you have never been on this run Its we worth the effort, A few years back it was snow covered but the roads where clear, the sentry was amazing,
So give it a try you will be glad you did, so put your name down on the list.
Bill.

Gilles27
2nd March 2015, 08:58 AM
Only 3 weeks to go, To the beautiful Lakes Run with our leader Graham, If you have never been on this run Its we worth the effort, A few years back it was snow covered but the roads where clear, the sentry was amazing,
So give it a try you will be glad you did, so put your name down on the list.
Bill.

I'll second that! I'll be in Egypt, otherwise I wouldn't want to miss this.

Johnsf
2nd March 2015, 09:23 AM
Weather permitting I shall be there hopefully with my co-pilot brother.
John F

bill hulme
2nd March 2015, 09:42 AM
It will be smashing to see you both again on the runs again this year John.
Bill and Gary

Joy Toy Boy
4th March 2015, 06:22 PM
Hi Bill. I've been in hibernation, like the car, for a bit but would love to go on a glorious spring day drive in the lakes to blow away the cobwebs if you'd be so kind as to put me on the list. 8-)
The " old girl" has had a couple of problems recently ( new second hand dizzy and now not timed properly and a RAC approved garage has lost the boot panel that covers the engine electrics ) 8-(
Still like to try and make the run though!
Cheers Neil

P.S. Anyone get a spare boot panel in mid grey ? Money waiting! Listed in "Parts Wanted".

bill hulme
4th March 2015, 07:55 PM
Sorted, Welcome back to the lakes run Neil.

mk1 dal
4th March 2015, 11:49 PM
Hi Bill. I've been in hibernation, like the car, for a bit but would love to go on a glorious spring day drive in the lakes to blow away the cobwebs if you'd be so kind as to put me on the list. 8-)
The " old girl" has had a couple of problems recently ( new second hand dizzy and now not timed properly and a RAC approved garage has lost the boot panel that covers the engine electrics ) 8-(
Still like to try and make the run though!
Cheers Neil

P.S. Anyone get a spare boot panel in mid grey ? Money waiting! Listed in "Parts Wanted".
Hi mate glad to here your back on the runs :+: If your struggling setting the car up bring it over to me i will sort it for you .

Joy Toy Boy
5th March 2015, 06:41 AM
Cheers Gary, helpful as ever!
Having a garage look at it for me now but thanks for the offer.

bill hulme
10th March 2015, 04:42 PM
Hi all just to remind you all that I is the Lakes run a week on Sunday, It would be great to see some more names down.
Bill.

Johnsf
14th March 2015, 11:27 PM
Hi Graham,
Do we get to call at Grasmere, I could do with stocking up on Grasmere Gingerbread !
John.

mk1 dal
15th March 2015, 12:05 AM
It will be great to catch up on Sunday John , i have a new co pilot for Sunday aka the wife and have fitted her very own brake pedal , petty sure she will have put it through the floor by the end of the run :lol:

Lakelad
15th March 2015, 08:13 PM
John, We can call in for Gingerbread in Grasmere if you want to stock up!

http://www.grasmeregingerbread.co.uk/

Graham

Johnsf
15th March 2015, 10:17 PM
That's the stuff, but don't feel obliged to alter your route, I'm coming whether we call at Grasmere or not.
I can always order it on-line !
John

Lakelad
18th March 2015, 07:35 PM
It's still not too late to join the Lake Run this weekend!

michaeljapp
18th March 2015, 11:33 PM
As it stands I'm not working on Sunday any more so you can put my name down as well. Still may change but will let you know.

Thanks,

Michael

bill hulme
19th March 2015, 11:01 AM
Will do Michael, It will be smashing to see you again on the run,
any more for a good day out.
Bill.

BigP
20th March 2015, 08:23 PM
Better weather for Sunday now, so I'll be there - Bill, can you remind me where I need to meet please (same place as last time is fi even), thanks in advance, Paul.

mk1 dal
21st March 2015, 02:31 AM
Great news Michael and Paul are now attending the run :thumbup: . Its now forecast brilliant weather for Sunday's run . please put your name down if you want to go so we know who to wait for . I will be stopping at Charnock Richard Services M6 and will leave at 9 AM , who is meeting Charnock so i can wait for you . It will be another fab day and can't wait .

bill hulme
21st March 2015, 06:29 AM
Martin and Paul please park up at The HIDEAWAY COFFEE HOUSE slip road, for 10.00 am, Just before you get to the M6 We will come to you WHEN WE LEAVE THE SERVICES.

Bill.

Martin42006
21st March 2015, 08:44 AM
Martin and Paul please park up at The HIDEAWAY COFFEE HOUSE slip road, for 10.00 am, Just before you get to the M6 We will come to you WHEN WE LEAVE THE SERVICES.

Bill.
Ok
I was planning on joining the M6 at carnforth and driving up but if it would be easier then i will meet you on the slip road.
Thanks

Johnsf
21st March 2015, 12:02 PM
We will meet you all at Burton services, as the way we go doesn't join the M6 till above Charnock.
John & Martin F.

Joy Toy Boy
21st March 2015, 12:53 PM
Car's back, but still not starting properly. Still ,once started ,
it now drives spot on :)
Will meet at charnock about 8.45

Martin, you won't forget the boot panel will you! Cheers
Neil.

mk1 dal
21st March 2015, 01:49 PM
Car's back, but still not starting properly. Still ,once started ,
it now drives spot on :)
Will meet at charnock about 8.45

Neil.

Ive got the right dizzy for your car mate , Bills bringing the timing light and we will swap it over at dinner it should then run and start right . I also have a cold start injector i will bring that as well .

Gary :thumbup: .

Martin42006
21st March 2015, 02:01 PM
Neil.
No i will make sure it is in tonight :)

Lakelad
21st March 2015, 03:12 PM
Car washed and fuelled - all set to go.

Graham

Joy Toy Boy
21st March 2015, 07:24 PM
Ive got the right dizzy for your car mate , Bills bringing the timing light and we will swap it over at dinner it should then run and start right . I also have a cold start injector i will bring that as well .

Gary :thumbup: .

Fantastic! This is a helluva club! :clap:
Neil

Fantastic! This is a helluva cl

Joy Toy Boy
21st March 2015, 07:27 PM
No i will make sure it is in tonight :)

:+:
I'll have to treat you all to some of this famous grasmere gingerbread:)

michaeljapp
21st March 2015, 10:06 PM
Will try and meet you at Charnock services but may be lat depending on the road works. Not normally any traffic early in the morning so should be OK. If I'm running late I'll carry on to Burton. Will let someone know.

Lakelad
21st March 2015, 10:28 PM
Thanks Michael - my number is on the earlier post.

mk1 dal
22nd March 2015, 08:16 AM
Hi I'm now at charnoch services .

Lakelad
22nd March 2015, 07:55 PM
I hope everybody has made it home safely. The great weather certainly brought the visitors out in the Lake District today - we have never seen the roads so busy and before you anyone suggests we try to do the run earlier in the month to beat the crowds - this was one of the roads we used today only three weeks ago!

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2015/03/RTA_weather_Kirkst_3208986b-1.jpg (http://s1149.photobucket.com/user/lakesladMR2/media/RTA_weather_Kirkst_3208986b.jpg.html)

I hope everybody had a good day. Thanks to everybody for turning up and a good day out.

Graham

Johnsf
22nd March 2015, 08:54 PM
Brother dropped off. Car tucked up in garage. Had another great run, will post some pics once I have looked through and sorted them out.
John.

michaeljapp
22nd March 2015, 08:57 PM
Thank you all for a great day out.

Of course we have the obligatory photo of Garry working away under a bonnet. Hope it was all fixed.

Joy Toy Boy
22nd March 2015, 09:00 PM
Hi, just got in after a 25 min delay on the A50 after a nasty smash 10 minutes ahead :0
Great run as usual but sorry things took longer than expected at dinner.
Many,many thanks to Gary and Bill. If it wasn't for their perseverance, I'd still be in that car park in Keswick.
Also thanks to Martin for that panel, much appreciated :clap:
Sadly, the starting problem persists so I'll be bringing my starting handle with me on the WALES run ;)

mk1 dal
22nd March 2015, 11:24 PM
Another top day out and again managed to get covered in oil :lol: .Bill and i have had a word about your car and came to the conclusion its on the injector side at fault . Once it was timed right it started first touch but a soon as it gets warm its a bugger to start . After doing a bit of digging tonight i have found many cars with the exact same symptoms as yours and most turned out to be dodge injector relays . i did say it was fuel starvation and could probably be the cause all along but that wrong dizzy wasn't helping matters ,

Martin42006
23rd March 2015, 07:07 AM
Im glad you managed to get it going shame it didnt fix the problem though. I got home at 6:00 so not a bad run. Thanks for such a great day out even the weather was brilliant

Joy Toy Boy
23rd March 2015, 08:03 PM
Another top day out and again managed to get covered in oil :lol: .Bill and i have had a word about your car and came to the conclusion its on the injector side at fault . Once it was timed right it started first touch but a soon as it gets warm its a bugger to start . After doing a bit of digging tonight i have found many cars with the exact same symptoms as yours and most turned out to be dodge injector relays . i did say it was fuel starvation and could probably be the cause all along but that wrong dizzy wasn't helping matters ,

Yes. I spoke to Bill last night and I think he may be helping me out with injector relay.
Just checked out the fuse box near battery to make sure the injector relay is pushed in correct and noticed there is a 10A fuse missing in the box compared to the lid diagram labelled as INJ :eh:
Doesn't seem to be any contacts in the fuse slot though, so presumably it's just one of those quirky Toyota things?
Any other photos other than 3 backsides on show, even though the one on the right is quite neat! :grin:

Johnsf
24th March 2015, 06:06 PM
Hi gang here's some photos we took:

Johnsf
24th March 2015, 06:12 PM

Where did that MX5 come from ?

Anybody seen half a dozen assorted Mk1's ?

Johnsf
24th March 2015, 06:15 PM

Johnsf
24th March 2015, 06:20 PM

Can you spot all the Mk1's hiding among the normal cars ?

Johnsf
24th March 2015, 06:25 PM

Hope you like them.
John.

bill hulme
24th March 2015, 07:25 PM
Great pictures John, Lets hope the weather is as good for the Wales run.
Bill.

BIGBOYZJUNK
24th March 2015, 08:08 PM
Looking forward to the Peaks Run!!!

Joy Toy Boy
24th March 2015, 10:36 PM
Great photos :+: